Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Are you claiming that the Trinity is not three persons in one but is instead a body, soul, and a spirit?

I'm merely pointing out the unity of man with three distinct parts. When the body dies, the soul and spirit remain. You may think that is silly unless you believe Scripture. The same is true for our Triune God. You can read how the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. You can read how that Word was God and was with God. It's written right there, but you don't believe what is written. You can read how Jesus came down from heaven and came OUT FROM GOD, but you deny He is God. It's written right there, but you refuse to believe it.

Don't be stupid.
Nobody denies that the Father is God.

AND I SAY, Don't be stupid.
Nobody denies that Jesus is God.

Even doubting Thomas admitted it.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.​

There are no verses that claim that the Holy Spirit is God.

Of course there are, but you refuse to see them.

Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.​

There are no verses that claim that Jesus is God, but you are ignoring all of the verses that claim that Jesus is the Son of God and that claim that God sent His Son Jesus to save us from our sins.

You are blind to all that evidence.

There is nothing in the Bible that claims that there is a being named "Godhead" that contains three beings.

The Godhead is not a name....it is a description of Divinity.

Dartman

Good question.
Being a lunatic was not a stoning offense.
So one has to ask themself what was done or said that made it a stoning offense.
You are pretending they were legally in the right.
We KNOW there were attempts to kill Jesus from the very beginning of his ministry;
Luke 4:24-30 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

MennoSota

Your opinion.

Possibly.

I definitely have seen NO Scripture that would cause me to doubt my doctrine. Your attempt to twist the definition of a NAME given to Jesus, into a statement that contradicts the Scriptures...... when I showed you MULTIPLE Scriptures that CLARIFY the meaning of "Immanuel".... makes me even MORE sure you are incorrect, and the Scriptures are not.
I simply share the scriptures. You have been the one working hard to explain scripture away.

Dartman

I'm merely pointing out the unity of man with three distinct parts. When the body dies, the soul and spirit remain.
Not according to Scripture. Jehovah said YOU die, YOU return to dust.

G said:
You may think that is silly unless you believe Scripture. The same is true for our Triune God.
There is no such thing.
G said:
You can read how the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. You can read how that Word was God and was with God. It's written right there, but you don't believe what is written.
Incorrect.

We believe what IS WRITTEN.

What we DON'T believe are the oneness/trinitarian theories that have been told about what those words mean.

The reason we DON'T believe those theories is, they contradict the REST of Scripture..... and there isn't a single example of ANY tenet unique to those theories being clearly, simply and directly stated or PREACHED in Scripture.

G said:
You can read how Jesus came down from heaven and came OUT FROM GOD, but you deny He is God. It's written right there, but you refuse to believe it.

What we DON'T believe are the oneness/trinitarian theories that have been told about what those words mean.

The rest of Scripture makes your INTERPRETATION of those passages incorrect.

G said:
Nobody denies that Jesus is God.
Incorrect.
I do, because Jesus did! He stated plainly, his FATHER is the source of Christ's words, power and authority. That his FATHER is "the ONLY true God"~!

G said:
Even doubting Thomas admitted it.
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.​
You keep trying to ignore the context.

What Thomas doubted was, that his God had actually raised his Lord from the dead.
Jesus proved his RESURRECTION to Thomas.
Thomas then praised BOTH~~ HIS GOD, AND HIS LORD.​

glorydaz

Not according to Scripture. Jehovah said YOU die, YOU return to dust.

:rolleyes:

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.​

John 1:1, 14 The "written word" is not God. The "written word" did not become flesh and dwell among us. So, if you believe the written word, you'd best learn to understand the difference between what is written and what is a name. The Word is His name.

Oneness and trinitarian are to completely different things. You believe Oneness.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
John 1:1, 14 The "written word" is not God. The "written word" did not become flesh and dwell among us. So, if you believe the written word, you'd best learn to understand the difference between what is written and what is a name. The Word is His name.

this is what squeaky has so wrong when he pretends his goofy cut and pastes of jumbled scripture counts as "revelations"

Dartman

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which [FONT=&quot]kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul[/FONT]: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Soul (psuche) = life in this text

Matt 10:39 He that findeth his life (psuche) shall lose it: and he that loseth his life (psuche) for my sake shall find it.

Obviously, Matt 10:28 does not contradict the VAST numbers of texts like Gen 3:19 that state CLEARLY the dead = NOT alive.

Jesus' point was, man can kill you, but they cannot take your eternal life. God CAN destroy you .... forever.

G said:
John 1:1, 14 The "written word" is not God.
Of course it is.
It is God's thoughts, God's spirit, God's plan.
God's logos is not a COMPLETE explanation of God, any more than "God is Love", or "God is spirit", or "God is a consuming fire" are COMPLETE explanations.

G said:
The "written word" did not become flesh and dwell among us.
Of course it did!!

The "writings" about Jesus' birth BECAME a flesh and blood baby boy. A fulfillment of the "written word".

G said:
So, if you believe the written word, you'd best learn to understand the difference between what is written and what is a name. The Word is His name.
You need to read more carefully ..... "the word of GOD" is the name Jesus will have when he returns. And, logos still means "word".
It isn't a title in John 1, in fact it isn't a name until Jesus returns.

G said:
Oneness and trinitarian are to completely different things. You believe Oneness.
Of course there are differences between trinity and oneness..... the trinitarians used to KILL the early oneness believers. Oneness is merely reincarnated modalism.
I am Biblical Unitarian.

glorydaz

Soul (psuche) = life in this text

Matt 10:39 He that findeth his life (psuche) shall lose it: and he that loseth his life (psuche) for my sake shall find it.

That isn't the text I gave you.

Obviously, Matt 10:28 does not contradict the VAST numbers of texts like Gen 3:19 that state CLEARLY the dead = NOT alive.

Jesus' point was, man can kill you, but they cannot take your eternal life. God CAN destroy you .... forever.

Ha, your body can die, but your soul remains. Don't try and explain away something that is so clearly written. Here, I'll give you something obvious.

1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Of course it is.
It is God's thoughts, God's spirit, God's plan.
God's logos is not a COMPLETE explanation of God, any more than "God is Love", or "God is spirit", or "God is a consuming fire" are COMPLETE explanations.

Of course it did!!

The "writings" about Jesus' birth BECAME a flesh and blood baby boy. A fulfillment of the "written word".

Good grief. Your contortions are making you look like a pretzel. :chuckle:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​

which is verified in Col. 1

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​

You need to read more carefully ..... "the word of GOD" is the name Jesus will have when he returns. And, logos still means "word".
It isn't a title in John 1, in fact it isn't a name until Jesus returns.

Wrong, it is His name from the beginning as John tells us....he affirms it when he speaks of His clothing dripped in blood....signifying what dead He died. Revelation 19:13

Of course there are differences between trinity and oneness..... the trinitarians used to KILL the early oneness believers. Oneness is merely reincarnated modalism.
I am Biblical Unitarian.

Perhaps if you paid more attention to what the Bible actually says instead of looking to what men say about other men's beliefs, you'd be better off. That nonsense can rub off on you, you know.

Dartman

That isn't the text I gave you.
It's the same chapter, the same Greek word, and it harmonizes with the REST of Scriptures .... where your theory does NOT.
Jehovah Himself said;
Gen 3:19 By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till YOU return to the ground, Because from it YOU were taken; For YOU are dust, And to dust YOU shall return."

Isa 38:1 ... Thus saith Jehovah, Set thy house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.

Ezek 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Jesus himself called being dead, being asleep;

John 11:11-15 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.

There are literally hundreds of other texts that establish, when you die, YOU die, YOU are like asleep, YOU don't think any more, praise God any more, know anything ..... you "sleep in the dust", you "wait in the grave".

G said:
Ha, your body can die, but your soul remains.
In the sense Jesus was discussing in Matt 10, yes. Man cannot take away your eternal life, that hope remains.
Rom 8:22-25 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

G said:
Don't try and explain away something that is so clearly written. Here, I'll give you something obvious.
1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
Notice the word blameless?

Paul uses that same word a few chapters earlier;

1 Thess 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

What Paul is praying is for them to be protected from falling into sin! He is in no way contradicting the HUGE amount of clear, concise description of being ASLEEP in death, and then the righteous being RESURRECTED/AWAKENED "at Christ's coming, and kingdom"
G said:
Good grief. Your contortions are making you look like a pretzel. :chuckle:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
You have believed a twisted theory of what this means, for SO long, that you actually believe it LITERALLY states your position ...... IT DOES NOT.
John is using the word LOGOS EXACTLY THE SAME throughout the Gospel, AND his other writings. You read the word "word", and you THINK that means Jesus.

It doesn't.

Jesus isn't mentioned until verse 7, AND Jesus FULFILLS God's LOGOS in verse 14.

G said:
which is verified in Col. 1
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​
Col 1 verifies that Jesus' ministry, death, burial and resurrection FOREVER ALTERED THE WORLD. Jesus created thrones, dominions, principalities and powers by his God exalting him to have Power and Authority, in heaven and on earth.
Paul was discussing CURRENT realities .... he was NOT addressing the Creation of the Universe ... which we KNOW was done by Jehovah;
Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

G said:
Wrong, it is His name from the beginning as John tells us....he affirms it when he speaks of His clothing dripped in blood....signifying what dead He died. Revelation 19:13
Sorry, you are confused. It's "dipped" in blood .... not "dripped" .... and it signifies the slaughter of the kings of the earth, as recorded in THE REST OF CHAPTER 19, and many other texts.

Dartman

They didn't write the Bible. Their actions are described, and it's very obvious what they did and why they reacted as they did. Or, it's obvious to anyone who knows the Jews as shown in Scripture.
Apparently it isn't as obvious as you think, you are confused.

Do you actually believe the Jews that murdered Jesus were RIGHT????

Dartman

It is obvious. It is obvious you are looking for ways to deny Jesus is God.
Your interpretation is consistently wrong.
It is obvious there isn't a single text that states your theory.

It is obvious there ARE texts, that are worded in such a way that you THINK they support your case..... but the verses that clearly, simply and directly state that Jehovah/YHVH God, Christ's Father, is "the ONLY true God", and "there is but ONE GOD, the Father", and "there is ONE God, and ONE MEDIATOR, ..... BETWEEN God and man, THE MAN Christ Jesus" ,,,, make it obvious you are wrong.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Let's see.

John 12:

These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake,
Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?​
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.​
41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

'Appears to me that Jesus is the subject of John 12:36-41 KJV.

We know (Jn17:5KJV) that Jesus possessed glory "before the world was."

Let the reader decide?
Bump for [MENTION=20936]Dartman[/MENTION].

Dartman

These things spake Jesus,and departed, and did hide himself from them.

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
41 These things said Esaias, when he saw [FONT=&quot]his[/FONT]glory, and spake of [FONT=&quot]him.[/FONT]
Jesus, as Jehovah's prophet, is the topic of the chapter. WITHIN that chapter is a quote from Isaiah, showing people rejecting Jehovah's OTHER/PREVIOUS prophets, and the rejection of Jesus' teachings.
Jehovah, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Jehovah been revealed?
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I (Jehovah) should heal them.
41 These things said Esaias, when he saw [FONT=&quot]his [/FONT]glory, and spake of [FONT=&quot]him.[/FONT]

MennoSota

Your interpretation is consistently wrong.
It is obvious there isn't a single text that states your theory.

It is obvious there ARE texts, that are worded in such a way that you THINK they support your case..... but the verses that clearly, simply and directly state that Jehovah/YHVH God, Christ's Father, is "the ONLY true God", and "there is but ONE GOD, the Father", and "there is ONE God, and ONE MEDIATOR, ..... BETWEEN God and man, THE MAN Christ Jesus" ,,,, make it obvious you are wrong.
I just share the scriptures. You twist and turn to excuse them away and deny Jesus. It's all on you. You disbelieve. I trust that when scripture tells me that Jesus is Immanuel, God with us, it is true. I trust that when Jesus tells us he is the I Am, he is speaking truth.
You simply refuse to believe. Scripture is clear. You make God a liar by denying scripture.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Jesus, as Jehovah's prophet, is the topic of the chapter. WITHIN that chapter is a quote from Isaiah, showing people rejecting Jehovah's OTHER/PREVIOUS prophets, and the rejection of Jesus' teachings.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Jehovah, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Jehovah been revealed?
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I (Jehovah) should heal them.
41 These things said Esaias, when he saw [FONT="]his [/FONT]glory, and spake of [FONT="]him.[/FONT]
So you agree with my reading, that the subject of John 12:36-41 KJV, is Jesus?

So do you therefore, since Jesus is the subject of John 12:36-41 KJV, believe that in John 12:41 KJV, John is saying that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus?

Or are you saying that somewhere before John 12:41 KJV, that the subject of the passage changed? And if so, where do you see that change occurring, because I myself cannot find this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.