Jerusalem capital of israel

drbrumley

Well yes, that is what is happening, he acknowledge jerusalem as their capital and instead of passing the buck like other presidents have he is actively attempting to follow through on the promise of moving our embassy to Jerusalem like promised.

1/3rd? I dont think so.

Gary K

Banned
Um, it's an opinion. My opinion is we stay out of it.....NOT OUR FIGHT! If them two numbskulls want to destroy one another, that's on them.

Oh wait, next your going to say we need to be the world's policeman.

Nope. That's the last thing we need to try to do. However, we have signed treaties with the Israelis, so we have an ethical obligation to honor those treaties.

So, your opinion is that we should appease the Arabs/Palestinians to keep them from getting mad. We all have opinions. Some of them are grounded in reality and some are not. Some are based upon nothing more than wishful thinking. Appeasement has always been based upon this. Ever tried to appease a bully? Just doesn't work. They just up the level of threat, intimidation and violence because they see any agreement as weakness.

drbrumley

Yeppers, that's what it is, appeasement to a bunch of barbaric jihadists.
I grow so tired of seeing folks that want to cower to perverted sickos.

maybe it is me, but how can it be appeasement when both parties wanted us to negotiate on their behalf...bizarre.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can anyone give a reason why there can be no peace agreement if Jerusalem is internationally recognized as the capital of Israel?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
maybe it is me, but how can it be appeasement when both parties wanted us to negotiate on their behalf...bizarre.
I was referring to appeasement of the threats of violence.
Who cares if they threaten violence when they do that every day anyhow.

keypurr

This was the right move for Trump to make. If the Russian's decided for some motive of their own to move their capital to Yakutsk would we tell them would we object and keep our embassy in Moscow? Or, if France decided to move their capital from Paris to Marseille would we tell them we were going to keep our embassy in Paris because we didn't like them moving their capital? How about if the British moved their seat of government from London to Leeds would we not acknowledge their new captital?

As a sovereign nation Israel has the right to move its capital to whereever they choose within their own nation. Nobody else has a say in it.

Agree to a point, but no American boots should be there to protect them for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

genuineoriginal

Can anyone give a reason why there can be no peace agreement if Jerusalem is internationally recognized as the capital of Israel?

There can be no peace agreement if Israel is not recognized as a nation by the other parties to the agreement.
The list of nations that do not recognize Israel as a nation is this (from Wikipedia):
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Bhutan
  • Bolivia
  • Brunei
  • Chad
  • Comoros
  • Cuba
  • Djibouti
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • North Korea
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Malaysia
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Morocco
  • Niger
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tunisia
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Venezuela
  • Yemen

Of the nations surrounding Israel, the only two that accept Israel as a nation are Egypt and Jordan.
On the map below, only the green nations accept Israel as a nation.
DG0DLUhXYAAWBo8.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There can be no peace agreement if Israel is not recognized as a nation by the other parties to the agreement.
The list of nations that do not recognize Israel as a nation is this (from Wikipedia):
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Bhutan
  • Bolivia
  • Brunei
  • Chad
  • Comoros
  • Cuba
  • Djibouti
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • North Korea
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Malaysia
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Morocco
  • Niger
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tunisia
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Venezuela
  • Yemen

Of the nations surrounding Israel, the only two that accept Israel as a nation are Egypt and Jordan.
DG0DLUhXYAAWBo8.jpg
All those non-green nerds are blocking peace.

Gary K

Banned
Agree to a point, but no American boots should be there to protect them for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I'd say the history of the Israeli military proves that the Israeli's don't need much beyond arms and help with technology to win. However, when we have mutual defense treaties with Israel we have to honor them, or lose all sense of self-respect and trust in the world. Just out of curiousity, do you hold the same postion on NATO?

Gary K

Banned
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Bhutan
  • Bolivia
  • Brunei
  • Chad
  • Comoros
  • Cuba
  • Djibouti
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • North Korea
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Malaysia
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Morocco
  • Niger
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tunisia
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Venezuela
  • Yemen

DG0DLUhXYAAWBo8.jpg

And your point is? Most of those nations are completely anti-semetic. They hate Jews and want to destroy them off the face of the earth. So, don't the Jews have a right to live and govern themselves? To me it's like, so what, to that list of nations. The Jews enemies will stop at nothing to commit genocide where Jews are concerned. Does that mean the rest of the world should go along with them? That the rest of the world should hate them and want them destroyed too?

drbrumley

The Curtain Rises On Trump Theater
Trumpism as performance art

by Justin Raimondo

Excerpt

The pundits are up in arms over President Trump’s announcement that he intends to “recognize” Jerusalem as the capital of Israel – and on the eve of the supposed renewal of the Israeli-Palestinian “peace process.” What, they cry, can he be thinking?! Is he crazy? (Of course he is!) Are we to be spared nothing? (Of course we aren’t.)

Oh yes, the pundits are up in arms a lot these days: attacks of hysteria, on an almost daily basis, are one of the major symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome. And so when the President goes into one of his stream of consciousness riffs – will Joyce scholars ever recognize their literary provenance? – they take to Twitter, alarm bells ringing.

Ignore them.

As Trump would put it, it’s “fake news!” Because “recognizing” Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is a concept without content: Congress has already voted on several occasions over the years to proclaim such “recognition,” and to demand that the US embassy be moved there from Tel Aviv. Every president since Reagan has vowed to do precisely that – and wound up leaving the embassy right where it is. Trump will prove to be no exception, and here’s why:

“President Donald Trump will recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital on Wednesday, while also delaying moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to the holy city, officials said.

“Though Trump will not relocate the embassy any time soon – one White House official told reporters it could take years – the president still intends to fulfill that promise made early in his administration.

“Senior administration officials called Trump’s expected recognition of Jerusalem an affirmation of ‘reality’ – both historical and current, pointing out that the city is already home to Israel’s parliament, supreme court and other government sites.”

What in the real, actual, physical world will change as a result of this empty “recognition”? The answer is: nothing. The embassy will stay where it is. The Palestinians will remain in their prison-like condition, and their Israeli jailers will continue to praise the President in public while continuing to guard their own interests even when it comes at the expense of the Americans.

Any questions?

rexlunae

This was the right move for Trump to make. If the Russian's decided for some motive of their own to move their capital to Yakutsk would we tell them would we object and keep our embassy in Moscow? Or, if France decided to move their capital from Paris to Marseille would we tell them we were going to keep our embassy in Paris because we didn't like them moving their capital? How about if the British moved their seat of government from London to Leeds would we not acknowledge their new captital?

As a sovereign nation Israel has the right to move its capital to whereever they choose within their own nation. Nobody else has a say in it.

Of course, that deliberately ignores why Israel's choice of capital is so controversial. It's one of the only capitals in the world on disputed soil.

drbrumley

Of course, that deliberately ignores why Israel's choice of capital is so controversial. It's one of the only capitals in the world on disputed soil.

Not true they will say...this has been settled in the bible and to put a cherry on top, in 1948 and another cherry, 1967.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I could claim part of your yard and house are mine. I could gradually start camping there, have a massive family, start building, invite my friends and say that some guy floated to heaven from your front porch thereby making it my porch too.

rexlunae

I could claim part of your yard and house are mine. I could gradually start camping there, have a massive family, start building, invite my friends and say that some guy floated to heaven from your front porch thereby making it my porch too.

And if you think that analogizes the situation in Jerusalem, then you're smoking something.