Jehovah Witness Teaching compared with The Bible

KingdomRose

Greetings again KingdomRose, You certainly have a different perspective. I do not believe that Jesus will establish the Kingdom on earth by remote control, but with hands on. To suggest a parallel concept, when he came down from preaching in Matthew 5-7 he healed a leper by touching him, and thus healed him, something nobody else could do. Rather than nullifying his sacrifice, he will make his sacrifice effective in all the earth until the whole earth is filled with Yahweh’s glory Numbers 14:21, Habakkuk 2:14, Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14, Acts 3:19-21. He was shown in glory at the transfiguration and this is a precursor as to what he will be like at his return in glory 2 Peter 1:16-18.

Kind regards
Trevor

I agree with everything you said. I believe Jesus can run his Kingdom very well "by remote control," as you put it. Hasn't God Almighty been running everything this way since the Creation? Jehovah hasn't needed to be literally on this planet to influence what goes on. Jesus is directing his Church now from heaven, isn't he? Why can't he continue to do it this way?

TrevorL

Greetings again KingdomRose,
I agree with everything you said. I believe Jesus can run his Kingdom very well "by remote control," as you put it. Hasn't God Almighty been running everything this way since the Creation? Jehovah hasn't needed to be literally on this planet to influence what goes on. Jesus is directing his Church now from heaven, isn't he? Why can't he continue to do it this way?
Simply because it is stated that he will return, and bring times of restoration and refreshing Acts 3:19-21. When he was here in his first ministry he healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, raised the dead. That is not happening now, or not to my knowledge, despite some Pentecostal claims, but I believe it will happen when he returns. His first ministry was a token of what will happen soon when he returns. Jesus quoted Isaiah 35 to the two disciples of John the Baptist, and enacted some of the elements in their presence, but Isaiah 35 is yet future.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, I know the Tanakh is all of the O.T. I was thinking of the Torah, the 5 books of Moses. My mistake.

I noticed that you said you are a Christian and follow Jesus. He is the fulfillment of the Law. He also teaches us to be peaceable and show love for even our enemies. There is no place in his congregation for war. Wars are fought without God's direction; they are totally for men's selfish greed.

Do you live in Israel? Find a Kingdom Hall near you! There will be Jews and Arabs worshiping together, with no hatred. Jehovah welcomes ALL nations, and His people come out of all nations to join together in unity. There will be a special celebration on the 31st of March, Nisan 14 on the Jewish calendar. Ask someone at the Kingdom Hall where it will be and what time. You are welcome.

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) 12-28 until sundown. It is Yom, Day. I am writing from Tacoma, Washington.

As a Jew and Israelite being of Israel and of the tribe of Levi and Torah Observant I celebrate or observe Passover.

The TaNaK is not the same as the Christian Old Testament. I do not see where you are getting that I said I am a Christian from.

You will need to read the Torah and the TaNaK to learn if war is or is not for the Congregation of Yahveh or Israel.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. I was born here. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I am a righteous convert. I was born a Gentile and grew up Christian. I am a resident of Washington State.

I am interested in being or becoming President of the United States of America, a Rabbi, and making Aliyah to Israel.

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) 12-28 until sundown. It is Yom, Day. I am writing from Tacoma, Washington.

As a Jew and Israelite being of Israel and of the tribe of Levi and Torah Observant I celebrate or observe Passover.

The TaNaK is not the same as the Christian Old Testament. I do not see where you are getting that I said I am a Christian from.

You will need to read the Torah and the TaNaK to learn if war is or is not for the Congregation of Yahveh or Israel.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. I was born here. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I am a righteous convert. I was born a Gentile and grew up Christian. I am a resident of Washington State.

I am interested in being or becoming President of the United States of America, a Rabbi, and making Aliyah to Israel.

Shalom.

Jacob
Jacob, Are you trying to teach Christians to observe your Tenak?

No wonder you cannot get along with squeaky.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, Are you trying to teach Christians to observe your Tenak?

No wonder you cannot get along with squeaky.
meshak,

I believe that the Scripture spoken of in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is the TaNaK. It is not MY TaNaK.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says His followers are not of the world. The war is politics and of the world. That's why Jesus' followers should not join in the military.
I do not know what war or military you speak of.

I do not recommend that you join the military.

There was an age limit for something.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

YHVH our God, He is God. YHVH our God is one.

I don't know what you mean by warring nations or members of the same religions fighting each other.

My point is if there is no Old Covenant today and if or since the Law has not been abolished, yes we love our enemies, but what are we to do according to God's law? Do we do something or nothing? Can Israel we defend itself our self? Does God tell us what to do? What does God's Law say? Are we to follow it (today)? We speak of war and militaries, but what does God's Word say?

I don't know that it says Keep on knocking, but we have now conversed begun a conversation or said our part.

You spoke of the Tanakh. You said other O.T. books. I accept the TaNaK. I do not know what you are talking about. I do know that there is a reading of the Old Covenant. I read study observe keep and teach the Torah. I do not know what the reading of the Old Covenant is. I do not know what the Old Covenant is. The Ten Commandments.

No war. No military.

Yet Israel and the United States of America. For or in Israel do we have a military or is there something according to Torah not by that term or terminology?

War means different things to different people. Some people speak of a conflict. I don't know what the lie is. I do not know what it means to mount a campaign.

We should be making peace. It is among our highest duties. The study of Torah leads to making peace. But the study of Torah is equal to them all, because it leads to them all. Let us learn in order to teach. Let us learn in order to do.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob,

This is so wordy.

Can you make a point?

You are talking about war and the military but you dont explain cleary what your position is.

I am speaking from Jesus' point of view. And you are talking Tanak point of view.

You see, thats why we cannot communicate. I am Jesus centered christian and you say you are not a christian.

Kingdomrose is a christian too. so your cannot make her understand what you are talking about.

blessings.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

This is so wordy.

Can you make a point?

You are talking about war and the military but you dont explain cleary what your position is.

I am speaking from Jesus' point of view. And you are talking Tanak point of view.

You see, thats why we cannot communicate. I am Jesus centered christian and you say you are not a christian.

Kingdomrose is a christian too. so your cannot make her understand what you are talking about.

blessings.
Shalom.

I see that you say that I say that I am not a Christian. How do you come to a conclusion like this or of this sort? I have been called a Christian. I am a Jew. I believe that Yeshua is the Messiah.

As for war and military both are realities that do not need to be.

As for whether of not a JW is a Christian, you be the judge. Let God and Jesus be the judge. Let the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation be the judge.

Shalom.

Jacob