James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This very question is a high-context conceptual thought that doesn't even rely on foundational semantics and their definitions.

What is "perfect"? And what reference for that is there in the text to derive meaning and application from and for?

And you impetuously demand an answer TO that invalid high-context question formulated from your conceptual cognitive perception. You don't and can't even know why that's such a monumental problem for this or ANY subject.
I don't DEMAND an answer at all.
I just asked a question.
If anyone would like to give an answer to the question, that would be just fine.
And if not, so be it.

GuySmiley

That's also why others accuse me of being difficult to understand, regardless how articulately I express. I've spent years allowing my thought and expression to be fashioned to God's Rhema instead of my own logos, including adapting English to a low-context function and including Greek terms for specificity.
Wow, me too! How many years have you spent? I've spent so many years that I don't even think I have a logos anymore, just God's Rhema now!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I don't DEMAND an answer at all.
I just asked a question.

Okay. I perceived differently by your seeming insistence.

If anyone would like to give an answer to the question, that would be just fine.
And if not, so be it.

I did. The answer is neither yes or no to an invalid high-context question. "Perfect" is undefined and inapplicable. It's not something used in that manner within the low context of the Greek language.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I wonder if he can, without falling into the error of Eutychianism . . .

There isn't a yes or no answer, BESIDES the problem of a false Christology to go with any valid true Trinitarian Theology Proper overall.

That's lose-lose-lose.... next. :doh::dizzy:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, your perception was wrong.
It happens.

I did. The answer is neither yes or no to an invalid high-context question. "Perfect" is undefined and inapplicable. It's not something used in that manner within the low context of the Greek language.
If you are unsure what the question is, why try to give an answer?
Just wait and follow along with the thread, and maybe it will become a little clearer to you.

Of course, this is a public forum, so you can give multiple knee-jerk reactions if you feel like it. It may be irritating, but no one will stop you.

glorydaz

Wow, I feel like I've gone back in time....to 2001. :dizzy:

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Dave Bowman: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.
HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.
Dave Bowman: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

[HAL's shutdown]
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Not understanding something does not mean you cannot define it.

LOL. Obviously. That's the whole problem with the high-context English language that you and others are so oblivious to. But the adamant concepts and vagueries never stop, though you're far from the worst culprit.

So... Everyone goes around defining things they don't understand. And neither you nor others have defined anything anyway. Just conceptualized and declared.