It's Here! It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattyfan

C'mon! Only a handful of us have our special fellowship week avatars...

Get into the spirit of things. :D

soothsayer

cattyfan said:
THE FOURTH ANNUAL TOL FELLOWSHIP/FRIENDSHIP WEEK IS HERE!!!

Starting Sunday April 16th until Sunday April 23rd we are going to have the FOURTH annual TOL friendship/fellowship week!

For one whole week we will discourage harsh debate and ENCOURGE friendly discussions and conversation i.e.,
saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other.

No topics are out of bounds as long as you’re "nice" to each other. :)

At TOL we do this once a year, every year, for an entire week. It helps to break up the year and start fresh every spring!

TheologyOnLine is the ONE Christian site on the internet that encourages spirited debate and even down right "in your face" arguing. However, for ONE WEEK we are going to take a break and be nice to each other. This doesn't mean you have to accept some perverted world view or idiotic logic. It just means you need to find a more creative way of responding in which you are more "loving" or more "civil".

If it doesn’t cause you too much pain, you can even try being sincere in your kinder, gentler responses.

After the fellowship week is over, it's business as usual: mocking, rebuke, debate, arguing etc can come back in all their glory.​

I should have read this sooner! :doh: I haven't been very nice today...but I can be. It's only for a week right?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
The guy in my avatar (Joel Osteen) looks like he's reaching out to grab something. :freak:

(Talk about a setup...)

Army of One

cattyfan said:
C'mon! Only a handful of us have our special fellowship week avatars...

Get into the spirit of things. :D
I'm going with a brotherly love avatar, and have even changed my signature to something more encouraging.:D

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Army of One said:
I'm going with a brotherly love avatar, and have even changed my quote to something more encouraging.:D

I hope that user title you have is just for Fellowship Week as well. I usually like reading your stuff and I'd hate to have to skip over your posts after this week just because I can't take looking at those two words.

But of course they're just dandy for now. :eek:

Army of One

Poly said:
I hope that user title you have is just for Fellowship Week as well. I usually like reading your stuff and I'd hate to have to skip over your posts after this week just because I can't take looking at those two words.

But of course they're just dandy for now. :eek:
Don't worry, it's definitely a temporary title. :chuckle:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
REFRESHING and MARVELLOUS!!!

REFRESHING and MARVELLOUS!!!

TOL, a whole week of making nice, I like that idea :)

C

cattyfan

for those who don't recognize who I'm using for my Fellowship Week avatar, it's Olivia de Havilland as Melanie Wilkes in Gone With the Wind.

Melanie is the epitome of genuine sweetness, goodness, and manners. She also had a steel backbone and would very politely tell people where to go when necessary...but with never a foul word or even a hint of nastiness.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
cattyfan said:
for those who don't recognize who I'm using for my Fellowship Week avatar, it's Olivia de Havilland as Melanie Wilkes in Gone With the Wind.

Melanie is the epitome of genuine sweetness, goodness, and manners. She also had a steel backbone and would very politely tell people where to go when necessary...but with never a foul word or even a hint of nastiness.

I say an excellent choice to represent this special TOL occasion. :up:

Emo

cattyfan said:

I have a steel backbone as well, but sometimes folks need to be smacked around a little.

Aaahhhhhh..................Fellowship Week on TOL

Does it get any better? :)

wholearmor

I have a new link in my signature to coincide with my avatar. The person who gave me the link can take the credit if they so choose. :)

Chileice

Happy fellowship week, TOLers. Long time no chat. Hope you have a great rest of the week and that you focus on the risen Lord. I always love debate but sometimes our own ideas get in the way of the bigger picture. Have a happy!
P:S: Lighthouse... I love your avatar. What could be better than burt and Ernie?

Status
Not open for further replies.