it is noon somewhere

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I had to throw together a repast the other day, no time for anything from scratch. So I took two bags of Birdseye Asian vegetables, one box of linguine noodles, two cans of chicken breast meat and made do.

I cooked the vegetables while I boiled the pasta, threaded the chicken and sauteed it in butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and a sprinkling of Parmesan, then mixed it all together and poured the whole over the linguine. Served it with a dark green salad mix with cherry tomatoes and real bacon bits (that I had time to make). The whole thing took about twenty five minutes top to bottom.

It wasn't scratch, but it was darn good even so.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had to throw together a repast the other day, no time for anything from scratch. So I took two bags of Birdseye Asian vegetables, one box of linguine noodles, two cans of chicken breast meat and made do.

I cooked the vegetables while I boiled the pasta, threaded the chicken and sauteed it in butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and a sprinkling of Parmesan, then mixed it all together and poured the whole over the linguine. Served it with a dark green salad mix with cherry tomatoes and real bacon bits (that I had time to make). The whole thing took about twenty five minutes top to bottom.

It wasn't scratch, but it was darn good even so.

So what do you want? A pat on the back? A smack up the back side of your head? :plain:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
other day i dumped a can of ne clam chowder in the pot, added a can of corn, some extra water, a handful of minute rice, half a stick of butter, bunch of salt and pepper, brought it to a boil, stirred it well and let it sit for ten minutes

delicious!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So what do you want? A pat on the back? A smack up the back side of your head? :plain:
Are those the options? :plain:

No, I was surprised how well it turned out, not being overly fond of cooking that way. I thought I'd share it in case someone who didn't enjoy the process of cooking wanted to throw together something surprisingly tasty.

It would be better to buy chicken breasts and cut into small pieces, lightly bread then pan fry or, I suppose, you could prepare whole breasts or halves and serve them over that , but in any event it's only offered as a suggestion for a quick meal for about four if you like larger portions.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are those the options? :plain:

Yes.. just those.. :plain:

No, I was surprised how well it turned out, not being overly fond of cooking that way. I thought I'd share it in case someone who didn't enjoy the process of cooking wanted to throw together something surprisingly tasty.

It would be better to buy chicken breasts and cut into small pieces, lightly bread then pan fry or, I suppose, you could prepare whole breasts or halves and serve them over that , but in any event it's only offered as a suggestion for a quick meal for about four if you like larger portions.

Seriously though, it does sound really good.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
other day i dumped a can of ne clam chowder in the pot, added a can of corn, some extra water, a handful of minute rice, half a stick of butter, bunch of salt and pepper, brought it to a boil, stirred it well and let it sit for ten minutes

delicious!

That does sound good. :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is almost noon on the right coast
and
today it is one of my favorites
hamburger steak on the grill with frozen corn in the microwave
they go together so well
so
does the beer

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and
today it is one of my favorites
hamburger steak on the grill with frozen corn in the microwave
they go together so well
so
does the beer

Mmm.. that does sound yummy.. I'm hoping that I'm not forgotten about for lunch. I've hurt my back and can hardly move so I didn't go to church with them. Been on my heating pad all morning. I'm hoping they remember to bring me some lunch. :chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Mmm.. that does sound yummy.. I'm hoping that I'm not forgotten about for lunch. I've hurt my back and can hardly move so I didn't go to church with them. Been on my heating pad all morning. I'm hoping they remember to bring me some lunch. :chuckle:

that won't be a problem
if
they are as nice as you

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You hurt your back? (I'm sensing a theme around here lately) :think:

Sorry to hear it. Hope you're up and about in no time. :thumb:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You hurt your back? (I'm sensing a theme around here lately) :think:

Sorry to hear it. Hope you're up and about in no time. :thumb:

Yeh, must be "Back Week" at TOL. :eek: ..

Thanks for the well wishes. At the beginning of the week, I stretched getting out of bed and something in my back popped. I could hardly move most of Monday (I'm the only one I know that can beat myself up before my feet ever hit the floor in the morning :chuckle:). Through the week, my back felt better. But yesterday, I fell and re-aggravated it and have had a hard time moving since.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeh, must be "Back Week" at TOL. :eek: ..
Lots of people are finding theirs Straind., so to speak. :eek: Probably from all the leg pulling.

:think:

Thanks for the well wishes. At the beginning of the week, I stretched getting out of bed and something in my back popped. I could hardly move most of Monday (I'm the only one I know that can beat myself up before my feet ever hit the floor in the morning :chuckle:). Through the week, my back felt better. But yesterday, I fell and re-aggravated it and have had a hard time moving since.
Yeah. Once you hurt it the thing can be tricky to get back into shape. One exercise that's great for back fatigue, when you're better, is to stand in a doorway, keep your posture straight, then bring one leg back as far as you can without bending forward, like you're going to kick something. Hold that for a three count, then bring the leg back to the starting position. Repeat that ten times on each leg. A great stretch for a common problem that involves your back being pulled out of whack by, of all things, leg muscles.

I hurt my back in a fall ages ago, but haven't had any problem in years. Core strengthening and stretches like that can be the difference, unless you have a disc fragmentation/nerve issue. But even then strengthening and stretching can help.

Again, hope you're better soon. :cheers:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lots of people are finding theirs Straind., so to speak. :eek: Probably from all the leg pulling.

:think:

Yeah. Once you hurt it the thing can be tricky to get back into shape. One exercise that's great for back fatigue, when you're better, is to stand in a doorway, keep your posture straight, then bring one leg back as far as you can without bending forward, like you're going to kick something. Hold that for a three count, then bring the leg back to the starting position. Repeat that ten times on each leg. A great stretch for a common problem that involves your back being pulled out of whack by, of all things, leg muscles.

I hurt my back in a fall ages ago, but haven't had any problem in years. Core strengthening and stretches like that can be the difference, unless you have a disc fragmentation/nerve issue. But even then strengthening and stretching can help.

Again, hope you're better soon. :cheers:

Thanks, I appreciate your well wishes. I'm going to definitely try your recommendation. It will have to be a couple of days or so as I still need help getting up. Once up, I'm ok to walk but need help sitting back down again.

I don't know if you remember my facebook posts complaining about my back some time ago, but at work, I was involved in a minor car accident and it messed up my back. Well, over time, I healed. But it seems that whatever I did has re-aggravated that injury. So, everything seems to be compounded. :plain: .. I'm such a complicated person. :eek:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
That does sound good. :D

i got three meals out of it :thumb:

my scouting experience has stood me in good stead this winter - without running water i try to cook as many one (or no) pot meals as i can stand :)

i hope to hook up the water again sometime near the end of april - it will be nice to have running water in the sink again

and an indoor shower - i took a shower in the boathouse last night - it wasn't too bad, but i noticed when i got back in the house that the outdoor temp was 8

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i got three meals out of it :thumb:

my scouting experience has stood me in good stead this winter - without running water i try to cook as many one (or no) pot meals as i can stand :)

i hope to hook up the water again sometime near the end of april - it will be nice to have running water in the sink again

and an indoor shower - i took a shower in the boathouse last night - it wasn't too bad, but i noticed when i got back in the house that the outdoor temp was 8

Oh my goodness, Res, I don't know how you stand it. Can you not hook it back up now?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
and
today we are having tuna with onion, miracle whip, and lettuce

we know how do suffer

did I mention beer?
it really helps when you are fasting

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's almost noon here, about to go to lunch.. I hope this afternoon is better than this morning.. Extremely yucky morning.. Bad supervisors stink!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
and
today it will be hamburger steak on the grill again with corn
what really makes it great
is
lawry's season salt plus ground pepper
did I mention beer?
it also makes everything better
life is good