"It is Finished and Jesus is Lord"

Robert Pate

Banned
The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the most significant event in the history of the world. Just before Jesus died on the cross he said, "It is finished" John 19:30. What did Jesus mean when he said that? What Jesus meant is that all of the requirements for the salvation of fallen man had been met. What were the requirements that were required for the salvation of fallen man? God requires,

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law.

2. A perfect atonement for the sins of man and for the whole world.

While Jesus was dying on the cross, God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" on the Jewish temple, from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. Jesus had victoriously met all of God's requirements and conditions for the salvation of fallen man and in doing so reconciled fallen man and the world unto God.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and has committed unto us (Christians) the ministry of reconciliation" (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law has been fulfilled and met, Matthew 5:18. Every sin that had ever been committed or will be committed has been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. Because of the victorious work of Jesus on behalf of fallen man, God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated Jesus at his own right hand, which is a place of honor and respect, Hebrews 1:3.

"It is finished and Jesus is Lord" Because all of the work of salvation has been accomplished by Jesus Christ, there is nothing left for fallen man to do, other than to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 1:17. We who believe this Gospel have entered into God's rest.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Jesus is God's justifier, sanctifier and redeemer, 1 Corinthians 1:30. This is why Paul could say, "And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

Nanja

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the most significant event in the history of the world. Just before Jesus died on the cross he said, "It is finished" John 19:30. What did Jesus mean when he said that? What Jesus meant is that all of the requirements for the salvation of fallen man had been met. What were the requirements that were required for the salvation of fallen man? God requires,

While Jesus was dying on the cross, God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" on the Jewish temple, from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. Jesus had victoriously met all of God's requirements and conditions for the salvation of fallen man and in doing so reconciled fallen man and the world unto God.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and has committed unto us (Christians) the ministry of reconciliation" (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law has been fulfilled and met, Matthew 5:18. Every sin that had ever been committed or will be committed has been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. Because of the victorious work of Jesus on behalf of fallen man, God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated Jesus at his own right hand, which is a place of honor and respect, Hebrews 1:3.

"It is finished and Jesus is Lord" Because all of the work of salvation has been accomplished by Jesus Christ, there is nothing left for fallen man to do, other than to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 1:17. We who believe this Gospel have entered into God's rest.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Jesus is God's justifier, sanctifier and redeemer, 1 Corinthians 1:30. This is why Paul could say, "And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

Christ Jesus Lived and Died exclusively for the World of His Elect chosen in Union with Him before the foundation of the World Eph. 1:4-11.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Shasta

Nanja;4967005]Christ Jesus Lived and Died exclusively for the World of His Elect chosen in Union with Him before the foundation of the World Eph. 1:4-11.

You tacked the phrase of the elect onto "world" not for any semantic or contextual reason but solely to engineer the definition to fit your dogma. This is wresting the scripture at its worst. As with English, a Greek word will usually have a number of definitions. Thayer lists the following definitions for kosmos

1. An apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order
2. An ornament, decoration or adornement
3. The world (i.e., the universe)
4. The circle of the earth
5. The inhabitants of the world
6. The ungodly multitudes, the whole mass of men alienated from God
7. Worldly affairs; the aggregate of things earthly; the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments, riches, pleasures which, although hollow and frail and fleeting stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
8. An aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort.
(Another lexicographer adds the sense of these being a sum).

Since none of these definitions actually says "the entire world of elect individuals" you have to pin your hopes on definition number 8. One problem with this is that the meaning is too general. I mean it does not SAY that kosmos means "the world of the elect," does it?. How do you make the extrodinary leap from a "general collection of particulars" to something as defined as Calvin's doctrine of election? If you can treat scriptures this way then EVERYone has the right to add whatever words they need into the text in order to support their pet doctrines.

To see how this definition is applied you should have taken note of the example provided by Thayer.

6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of wickedness among the parts of the body. It pollutes the whole person, sets the course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell (James 3:6).

Obviously this use of kosmos is not about people at all.

daqq

You tacked the phrase of the elect onto "world" not for any semantic or contextual reason but solely to engineer the definition to fit your dogma. This is wresting the scripture at its worst. As with English, a Greek word will usually have a number of definitions. Thayer lists the following definitions for kosmos

1. An apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order
2. An ornament, decoration or adornement
3. The world (i.e., the universe)
4. The circle of the earth
5. The inhabitants of the world
6. The ungodly multitudes, the whole mass of men alienated from God
7. Worldly affairs; the aggregate of things earthly; the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments, riches, pleasures which, although hollow and frail and fleeting stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
8. An aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort.
(Another lexicographer adds the sense of these being a sum).

Since none of these definitions actually says "the entire world of elect individuals" you have to pin your hopes on definition number 8. One problem with this is that the meaning is too general. I mean it does not SAY that kosmos means "the world of the elect," does it?. How do you make the extrodinary leap from a "general collection of particulars" to something as defined as Calvin's doctrine of election? If you can treat scriptures this way then EVERYone has the right to add whatever words they need into the text in order to support their pet doctrines.

To see how this definition is applied you should have taken note of the example provided by Thayer.

6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of wickedness among the parts of the body. It pollutes the whole person, sets the course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell (James 3:6).

Obviously this use of kosmos is not about people at all.

Perhaps it is about people in that your tongue can set your world aflame.
So then, in yet another understanding of kosmos, every one has his or her world. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
So then, in yet another understanding of kosmos, every one has his or her world. :)

When Jesus said, "God so loves the world" he meant each and every person in the world. This is confirmed when he said, "Whosoever" meaning all, anyone, everyone "that believes in him should not perish." That is God's interpretation of the word "world".

daqq

When Jesus said, "God so loves the world" he meant each and every person in the world. This is confirmed when he said, "Whosoever" meaning all, anyone, everyone "that believes in him should not perish." That is God's interpretation of the word "world".

No, as Shasta already showed, that is one interpretation of "world", (but that is not to say that I disagree with your interpretation in the particular instance you have used as an example). But when you say, "That is God's interpretation of the word "world"", I have to say that you are mistaken for limiting the interpretation to one single interpretation as you have done while claiming that it is "God's interpretation."

What about "God's interpretation" in the following Septuagint passage?

Genesis 2:1 LXX
1 και συνετελεσθησαν ο ουρανος και η γη και πας ο κοσμος αυτων

You pretty much know what Gen 2:1 says without my interpretation, correct? :)

Robert Pate

Banned
No, as Shasta already showed, that is one interpretation of "world", (but that is not to say that I disagree with your interpretation in the particular instance you have used as an example). But when you say, "That is God's interpretation of the word "world"", I have to say that you are mistaken for limiting the interpretation to one single interpretation as you have done while claiming that it is "God's interpretation."

What about "God's interpretation" in the following Septuagint passage?

Genesis 2:1 LXX
1 και συνετελεσθησαν ο ουρανος και η γη και πας ο κοσμος αυτων

You pretty much know what Gen 2:1 says without my interpretation, correct? :)

When you see the words "Whosoever" and the word "world" together in one scripture, you can be sure that it means everyone. You don't have to go to the seminary to figure that one out.

Shasta

No it is using "world" to speak abstractly about a whole panoply of different particulars, in this case, all kinds of wickedness. An example in English would be what I have heard parents tell their child on occasion that, they are in a world of trouble. At any rate this is an infrequent way of using the word

If we are to rightly divide the scriptures we cannot take a word and imagine how it can be stretched to fit my doctrinal understanding of a specific verse or passage. Words must be understood first in their plainest sense as a person would have understood it in the time and context in which it was first spoken. Changing "world" which, even in our language, has all-inclusive connotations to narrowly focus on a few people, subverts the fundamental definition. Very often the Greek word kosmos refers to the world of fallen men and demons that are united in their opposition to Christ.

Well, yes, I do know what it says. I think it was a good choice to use kosmos since it signified not only the universe in all its particulars but connoted ornamentation.

daqq

No it is using "world" to speak abstractly about a whole panoply of different particulars, in this case, all kinds of wickedness. An example in English would be what I have heard parents tell their child on occasion that, they are in a world of trouble. At any rate this is an infrequent way of using the word

If we are to rightly divide the scriptures we cannot take a word and imagine how it can be stretched to fit my doctrinal understanding of a specific verse or passage. Words must be understood first in their plainest sense as a person would have understood it in the time and context in which it was first spoken. Changing "world" which, even in our language, has all-inclusive connotations to narrowly focus on a few people, subverts the fundamental definition. Very often the Greek word kosmos refers to the world of fallen men and demons that are united in their opposition to Christ.

Well, yes, I do know what it says. I think it was a good choice to use kosmos since it signified not only the universe in all its particulars but connoted ornamentation.

Every person has his or her own "world of iniquity" which must be cut off, ("Mortify your "members" which are upon the earth", (that is, your land)), and the tongue is the little member of your "household", (world). It is allegory. This is the very reason for most of the misunderstanding in prophetic books, passages, and utterances, (not miniaturizing the allegory down to ourselves and judging ourselves so that we not be judged, (for the kingdom of Elohim is within you)).

James 3:3-6 KJV
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

The tongue, as a "little member" of the "household" of the man, is likewise a "little horn" in the analogy, (Dan 7:8, Rev 13:5-7), and is eventually given the mouth of a lion if the heart is not right; for those things which come forth from the mouth proceed from the heart, and defile the whole man, and therefore the one speaking with the mouth of a lion reveals that the heart is given over the the first beast of a lion, (Dan 4:16, Dan 7:4, Matt 15:18-20, Rev 13:2). These things pertain to every single believer, (and no doubt we all learn the hard way).

Robert Pate

Banned

It also means the "world" that Jesus has atoned for the sins of, 1 John 2:2.

If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus is not Lord. If you don't believe that Jesus is Lord you will not be saved.

Shasta

Eph. 1:4-11 is the go-to verse for those attempting to use the scripture to prove the doctrines of Calvinism. The predeterminist view of this scripture has been so widely taught that it can be difficult to take off the distorted lenses and read it any other way. However, when we look at the passage it does not actually say God enforced His choice through issuing an irresistible decree. That is just an assumption. God might have considered them to be "chosen" because He foreknew what they would one day choose.

This is exactly what the early Christian leaders believed, centuries before before Augustine, Luther and Calvin were born.

Justin Martyr expressed the classic view this way:
And this prophecy proves that we [Gentiles] will behold this very King with glory. . . . For the people foreknown to believe in Him were foreknown to pursue diligently the fear of the Lord. Justin Martyr (c. 160, AD), 1.234.

I have proved in what has been said that those who were foreknown to be unrighteous, whether men or angels, are not made wicked by God’s fault. Rather, each man is what he will appear to be through his own fault.
Justin Martyr (c. 160 AD), 1.269.

The power of the Logos has in itself a faculty to foresee future events. Yet, these events are not fated, but take place by the choice of free agents. For the Logos foretold from time to time the issues of things to come.
Tatian (c. 160, AD), 2.67, 68.

God knows the number of those who will not believe (since He foreknows all things). He has given them over to unbelief and turned away His face from men of this mold.
Irenaeus (c. 180, AD),1.502.

I am not saying what these men wrote is equivalent to the word of God but their unanimous opposition to theistic determinism and human helplessness, underscores that Calvinistic doctrines were not only NOT taught by the Early Church but were actively opposed.

Shasta

It also means the "world" that Jesus has atoned for the sins of, 1 John 2:2.

If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus is not Lord. If you don't believe that Jesus is Lord you will not be saved.

I would hope you know by now that I believe that. In my post I was referring to the definition in cases like James 3:6 where the tongue is called a world of unrighteousness.

Shasta

Every person has his or her own "world of iniquity" which must be cut off, ("Mortify your "members" which are upon the earth", (that is, your land)), and the tongue is the little member of your "household", (world). It is allegory. This is the very reason for most of the misunderstanding in prophetic books, passages, and utterances, (not miniaturizing the allegory down to ourselves and judging ourselves so that we not be judged, (for the kingdom of Elohim is within you)).

James 3:3-6 KJV
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

The tongue, as a "little member" of the "household" of the man, is likewise a "little horn" in the analogy, (Dan 7:8, Rev 13:5-7), and is eventually given the mouth of a lion if the heart is not right; for those things which come forth from the mouth proceed from the heart, and defile the whole man, and therefore the one speaking with the mouth of a lion reveals that the heart is given over the the first beast of a lion, (Dan 4:16, Dan 7:4, Matt 15:18-20, Rev 13:2). These things pertain to every single believer, (and no doubt we all learn the hard way).

I think you are extending the analogy too far. To keep a balanced perspective on what the Bible is saying we cannot interject too many of our own ideas and associations or else we will end up treating the Bible as the Gnostics did. Everything was in code and spoke to some deeper truth. I once belonged to a group that did this, which looked for "revelation" upon the scriptures. While I believe the Spirit should open the eyes of our heart to "behold wondrous things in God's word" we cannot take off on tangents for which the only bounds is the limits of our imagination. At one time in my life, I am sorry to say, I too engaged in the kind of "revelation knowledge" that put things into the scripture that were not there. My reward for that was being accepted into the membership of a group which turned out to be a cult. Now I am much more cautious.

That being said, I do agree with much of what you have said about the need to mortify the flesh and especially the tongue which is the outflow of a heart of pride.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Robert,

We don't speak much... but I have a proposal... noting an observation I have made. I have made peace with AMR and Lon because they separate essential doctrines from non essential doctrines.

They acknowledge that salvation is by Jesus alone. I hate pointing fingers... but perhaps it's time to separate the Hyper Calvinists from the Reformed that are worthy gospel workman.

I'm dropping a list of Hyper Calvinists.

Nang
Nanja
Beloved57
TulipBee

These Hyper Calvinist individuals corrupt Grace by exalting their Theology above Jesus. I'm bringing this up because [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] are excellent teachers of Grace and Salvational assurance and again... they put Jesus first... they just fly different affiliation colors than you or I.

Your thread is beautiful.....! I know we all see things from different angles... but I'm detecting an attack of Grace and Salvational assurance from [MENTION=9592]Shasta[/MENTION]. I tried to warn them, but they are collaborating with people like Lazy Afternoon, Daqq and such.

I'm not even certain if Shasta believes that Jesus is God.

Anyhow.. Don't relinquish this thread! It is beautiful and critical!!! There is a works based attack occurring. It's apparent on this thread and the words people are responding with.

I don't know if you believe in the implications of Romans 11:25-36 involving prophecy and the Jews, correlated with God's Love for Israel... but... there are two dead give always that people are out of order....

1) If they deny the utter sufficiency of Jesus' Blood, Burial and Ressurection.
2) If they turn the Done into Do.
3)If they reject God's promises to Israel of the OT.

3 is not a dead ringer for a tell... but 1 and 2 are! Thus... These Kers that would preach works are subject to Titus 1:11.

My point? Perhaps when we attack Calvinism... we should attack Hyper Calvinism. This way... [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] have a chance to instruct the individuals that exalt Calvin and Reformed doctrine over Christ. I know this is a straight forward gospel thread... but this is simply a thought that has been crossing my mind lately and because you are a Christ only power house... I figured I would drop a suggestion to help us band together to counter the works based crowd THAT BELIEVE ITS OUR FLESH THAT DETERMINES OUR SALVATION.

I write this in the Spirit of (1 Co. 1:13)

All respect and Christian Love,

- EE

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey EE,

" I tried to warn them, but they are collaborating with people like Lazy Afternoon, Daqq and such."

You missed "meshak";)

daqq

Hey EE,

" I tried to warn them, but they are collaborating with people like Lazy Afternoon, Daqq and such."

You missed "meshak"
wink.gif

smile.gif

daqq

Robert,

We don't speak much... but I have a proposal... noting an observation I have made. I have made peace with AMR and Lon because they separate essential doctrines from non essential doctrines.

They acknowledge that salvation is by Jesus alone. I hate pointing fingers... but perhaps it's time to separate the Hyper Calvinists from the Reformed that are worthy gospel workman.

I'm dropping a list of Hyper Calvinists.

Nang
Nanja
Beloved57
TulipBee

These Hyper Calvinist individuals corrupt Grace by exalting their Theology above Jesus. I'm bringing this up because @Ask Mr. Religion and @Lon are excellent teachers of Grace and Salvational assurance and again... they put Jesus first... they just fly different affiliation colors than you or I.

Your thread is beautiful.....! I know we all see things from different angles... but I'm detecting an attack of Grace and Salvational assurance from @Shasta. I tried to warn them, but they are collaborating with people like Lazy Afternoon, Daqq and such.

I'm not even certain if Shasta believes that Jesus is God.

Anyhow.. Don't relinquish this thread! It is beautiful and critical!!! There is a works based attack occurring. It's apparent on this thread and the words people are responding with.

I don't know if you believe in the implications of Romans 11:25-36 involving prophecy and the Jews, correlated with God's Love for Israel... but... there are two dead give always that people are out of order....

1) If they deny the utter sufficiency of Jesus' Blood, Burial and Ressurection.
2) If they turn the Done into Do.
3)If they reject God's promises to Israel of the OT.

3 is not a dead ringer for a tell... but 1 and 2 are! Thus... These Kers that would preach works are subject to Titus 1:11.

My point? Perhaps when we attack Calvinism... we should attack Hyper Calvinism. This way... @Ask Mr. Religion and @Lon have a chance to instruct the individuals that exalt Calvin and Reformed doctrine over Christ. I know this is a straight forward gospel thread... but this is simply a thought that has been crossing my mind lately and because you are a Christ only power house... I figured I would drop a suggestion to help us band together to counter the works based crowd THAT BELIEVE ITS OUR FLESH THAT DETERMINES OUR SALVATION.

I write this in the Spirit of (1 Co. 1:13)

All respect and Christian Love,

- EE

If I remember correctly I do not believe Shasta and I have ever even spoken before this thread. You still show yourself nothing more than an accuser of the brethren and a divider. And your dividing is done along the lines of your own privately held dogma which has been proven over and over again not to even exist in the scripture. If you do not do the will of Elohim you will not receive the Promise; and this too has been explained to you from the scripture more than once, and likewise the OP of this thread who rejects the testimony of scripture when it does not agree with his own privately held dogma.

This is the scripture, and the will of Elohim as expounded in the allegories and parables of the Master in the Gospel accounts, and from the author of Hebrews as follows, and as even according to Paul to the Thessalonians, it concerns your very own sanctification:

Hebrews 10:35-39 KJV
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Has your time appointed of the Father come? as Paul speaks of in Galatians 4:1-2? Are you indeed a son? How can it be so when you do not even know what is the will of Elohim? You are just a babe running around calling those who might indeed be sons all sorts of labels and names, such as antichrist and antichrist spirits, workers of the devil because they can prove your stance to be false by the scripture, and using all sorts of other blasphemies and labels to force others to either agree with you or shut their mouths.

And yet according to the passage above you will not receive the Promise until after you have done the will of Elohim. The will of Elohim is to cut off sin from yourself, from your own "household", your own "unruly members" of your own household, but your very own deeds and actions throughout this forum prove that you have done no such thing because you hate people without a genuine cause and wish to silence those who disagree with you; which according to the true doctrine is murder because it is the same as throat slitting, just as they slew Zechariah between the altar and the naos: for the altar is the heart and the naos is the mind, and when you silence the voice of your brother it is therefore the same as murder in the kingdom of Elohim, according to the Master, (cf. Mt 15:18-20, 1Jn 3:15). The will of Elohim is about cutting off sin as expounded in the parables of the Master in the Gospel accounts, just as has been shown to you many times over, and yet you have continually rejected the Testimony of Messiah in the Gospel accounts and pretend by your false Gospel that his words do not apply to yourself because of your false hyper dispensationist viewpoint which places the Testimony of Messiah in a different "age" that supposedly does not apply to your own concocted "age of grace". You have carved for yourself a separate imaginary age wherein you get to do a one-time-only work, by saying a one-time highly emotional prayer, supposedly "give your heart to Jesus", and then continue to live the rest of your life for yourself with a "Jesus label" pasted to your forehead as if your one-time sinners prayer offering and single one-time only "work" makes you "saved" when you die after a life lived solely for your self and self gratification. Bad news for you; Paul tells you what the will of Elohim concerns, and likewise as I said and have said to you before, it even concerns your very own sanctification:

1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 KJV
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

The above passage clearly speaks of things having been taken from the parables, allegories, teachings, idioms, sayings, and commandments of the Master, which are no doubt found in the Gospel accounts. You are clearly a defrauder, slanderer, and accuser of the brethren: what comes forth from your mouth by way of your little horn tongue defiles you and your whole world because those evil thoughts, treacheries, murders, and words of infamy and blasphemy, proceed from your heart. You pretend to have "love" but your actions and words reveal the opposite when someone quotes the scripture that refutes your dogmas. You are like an infant roaming around on all fours claiming to be a son: be careful you do not end up what the author of Hebrews calls a bastard son, (Heb 12:8 KJV).

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are just a babe running around calling those who might indeed be sons all sorts of labels and names, such as antichrist and antichrist spirits, workers of the devil because they can prove your stance to be false by the scripture, and using all sorts of other blasphemies and labels to force others to either agree with you or shut their mouths.

Indeed, EE is so clever and smooth talker. And so many are approving his despicable tactic by joining him.

eider

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the most significant event in the history of the world. Just before Jesus died on the cross he said, "It is finished" John 19:30. What did Jesus mean when he said that? What Jesus meant is ........................QUOTE]

By whose authority do you tells us what Jesus meant?
If Jesus saiod, 'It is finished', then he could have meant that his movement had failed, or that his life was over.
I think that Jesus felt that all was lost, because the Historic Gospels of Mark and Matthew both record that just before he said those last words, he cried out:
Mark {15:34}
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted,
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Matthew {27:46}
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice,
saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God,
my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

...and the Historic Gopspel of Luke explains:
Luke {23:46} And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he
said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and
having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

..... so I don't think that you've got this right.

daqq

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the most significant event in the history of the world. Just before Jesus died on the cross he said, "It is finished" John 19:30. What did Jesus mean when he said that? What Jesus meant is ........................

By whose authority do you tells us what Jesus meant?
If Jesus saiod, 'It is finished', then he could have meant that his movement had failed, or that his life was over.
I think that Jesus felt that all was lost, because the Historic Gospels of Mark and Matthew both record that just before he said those last words, he cried out:
Mark {15:34}
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted,
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Matthew {27:46}
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice,
saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God,
my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

...and the Historic Gopspel of Luke explains:
Luke {23:46} And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he
said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and
having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

..... so I don't think that you've got this right.

There is actually authority from the scripture which explains that statement, (not me, but the scripture), in fact, from the same author; and if any would receive it the passage reveals that the Testimony of Messiah is what is finished when the Master says that at Golgotha. Thus the Testimony of Messiah is itself the "new covenant Spirit", (because testimony is spirit whether for the good or whether for the evil). This may be understood by a simple reading of the following passage without adding any words to it like most English translations do. I have found that from the English renderings the Young's Literal Bible Translation is one of the very few which actually renders it without adding the word "given" into the text. That word, (the Greek equivalent), is not found in any codex or manuscript even though most English renderings incorrectly insert it into the text because they do not understand that the Testimony of Messiah is actually the new covenant Spirit, (meaning that to have "the Spirit" one must actually be IN the Testimony of Messiah to be "IN Messiah", actually DOING his teachings and commandments, and not just claiming some ethereal presence for having made a one-time confession of "faith"). Read the following and understand that when the text says "Jesus was not yet glorified" the author means lifted up at Golgotha, (glorified being the same as exalted or lifted up).

And do not add "given" into the text because it does not belong there:

John 7:37-39 YLT (Young's Literal Bible Translation)
37 And in the last, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, 'If any one doth thirst, let him come unto me and drink;
38 he who is believing in me, according as the Writing said, Rivers out of his belly shall flow of living water;'
39 and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive; for not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

There it is as plain as day:

"For not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified", (at Golgotha).

The "new covenant Spirit" is the Testimony of Messiah, and it was not finished until Golgotha when the Master cried out, "It is finished", meaning his full Testimony; which if we observe, heed, do, and carry out in our own walk, is our sanctification and our salvation because it is the soterion-peace-offering that reconciles us unto the Father. :)