It appears that America is rapidly evolving into a Gestapo-like mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

The so call "expert witness" gets to decide whether or not our parenting method allows us to continue to raise our own children. Teachers are not allowed to touch their students for fear of reprisals. It is very easy for unscrupulous persons to set someone up for statutory rape charges which undermines the validity of actual rape charges. Employees are encouraged by the IRS to turn in their bosses which can and does lead to specious charges which only serve to line the Lawyers pockets. We are so rigidly adhering to politically correct adherence to the letter of the law that we have almost destroyed the spirit of the law. Doctors and nurses no longer get to practice medical and nursing arts. They dare not go outside of written protocols even when they know it is in the patients best interests to do so. What has happened to us? I'd like to lay a wreath at the tomb of Common Sense. It has obviously died in America. bybee

What are you crying about? – You are just talking about the LOST, and nothing else. The LOST have always been, and will always be. – However, I agree that now God is intervening and is going to judge the foolishness out of those of you who can’t even see the slightest little twitch in the world of sin. – If you all are a part of it, why cry about it. Take your medicine; - hell is just for the rest of your LIFE ETERNAL.

You cry about the Political Correctness, and think NOTHING imposing your own SPIRITUAL CORRECTNESS on some of us who don’t agree with YOU ALL! – So cry on!

Paul – 060610

lucy

Perhaps that was one of the charms of Americans all along, we were naive, filled with hope and optimism, ready to share and work hard. Now, while we are.generally, well-educated, we have become strident, hard-hearted, grasping connivers. We don't take the time to process our knowledge into wisdom and we have little regard for Sages. It is this which enables a government to slowly erode the freedoms of a people. Let the government do it! has become the mantra of too many people in America!!! bybee

Yeah, and all the while we're all busy trying to get more "stuff".

What is the goal of many now? To get as much stuff as we can while doing as little work as we can, and if we can get the government to give it to us, so much the better......wait, doesn't the government owe me a new car (for my old "clunker"), a new air conditioner (since I am being "green"), abortion on demand, (since pregnancy would crimp my style), etc.etc, etc..

Last edited:

bybee

What?

What?

What are you crying about? – You are just talking about the LOST, and nothing else. The LOST have always been, and will always be. – However, I agree that now God is intervening and is going to judge the foolishness out of those of you who can’t even see the slightest little twitch in the world of sin. – If you all are a part of it, why cry about it. Take your medicine; - hell is just for the rest of your LIFE ETERNAL.

You cry about the Political Correctness, and think NOTHING imposing your own SPIRITUAL CORRECTNESS on some of us who don’t agree with YOU ALL! – So cry on!

Paul – 060610

I don't believe I impose anything on anyone. I don't agree with you. So, do whine on! bybee

lucy

Americans by and large are not well educated.

Maybe you should define "well" and "educated." Obviously we have different definitions.

Americans have the resources to be well educated, but in my experience as a teacher (16 years) I have not seen many take full advantage of it.

The attitude of most of my students was "What exactly do I have to do to pass - I will do that and no more". Even worse was the entitlement attitude of the parents! I had one parent of an honors 8th grade science student tell me his kid deserved an "A" on a project for which I had given the mark "C" for shoddy workmanship. His reasoning? His kid followed all the directions. :bang:

Then there are the multitude of policies set into place by school administrations to make sure every kid passes so they can say they are a good school

For example:

• kids get to retake test he/she failed, (know how they ALWAYS did on the retest- WORSE...)
  • you can't fail more than a certain % of your class, regardless of whether they turned any work in or not,
  • you can't fail a kid with any kind of learning disability - even if the kid never turns in a single assignment, etc..
And then there are the coaches that put pressure on teachers to pass kids so they can play in the upcoming game.

And lets not forget who is to blame for the missing homework assignments, the below-average quality of the work turned in, the late work assignments, failing tests, etc. ..... Those evil, lazy teachers! Certainly you would not blame the poor little overworked child? Or blame the hard-working parent who just wants to relax and chill when they get home at night. I mean, don't ask me to give up a TV show to help my kid with his/her homework!

Oh, yeah, I forgot. What homework?

If we as a society would stop blaming every one else for our own choices/decisions to be lazy, the world would be a better place.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Our own laziness and success caught up to us. We're a nation of overweight, half-literate, ignorant buffoons. Frankly, we deserve everything we get.

You mean there are too many :greedy: persons?

You sound rather hopeless about this nation's fate:eek:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Americans have the resources to be well educated, but in my experience as a teacher (16 years) I have not seen many take full advantage of it.

The attitude of most of my students was "What exactly do I have to do to pass - I will do that and no more". Even worse was the entitlement attitude of the parents! I had one parent of an honors 8th grade science student tell me his kid deserved an "A" on a project for which I had given the mark "C" for shoddy workmanship. His reasoning? His kid followed all the directions. :bang:

Then there are the multitude of policies set into place by school administrations to make sure every kid passes so they can say they are a good school

For example:

• kids get to retake test he/she failed, (know how they ALWAYS did on the retest- WORSE...)
  • you can't fail more than a certain % of your class, regardless of whether they turned any work in or not,
  • you can't fail a kid with any kind of learning disability - even if the kid never turns in a single assignment, etc..
And then there are the coaches that put pressure on teachers to pass kids so they can play in the upcoming game.

And lets not forget who is to blame for the missing homework assignments, the below-average quality of the work turned in, the late work assignments, failing tests, etc. ..... Those evil, lazy teachers! Certainly you would not blame the poor little overworked child? Or blame the hard-working parent who just wants to relax and chill when they get home at night. I mean, don't ask me to give up a TV show to help my kid with his/her homework!

Oh, yeah, I forgot. What homework?

If we as a society would stop blaming every one else for our own choices/decisions to be lazy, the world would be a better place.

My daughter is now a school superintendent, so, you can imagine her response. We do not even discuss public school because it leads to mutual antipathy.

lucy

My daughter is now a school superintendent, so, you can imagine her response. We do not even discuss public school because it leads to mutual antipathy.

Wow, school superintendent - I don't envy her position! That is a very tough job these days! Does she enjoy her job? Being a superintendent must be incredibly stressful- you are pulled in so many directions and all complaints end up at your door...

Letsargue

I don't believe I impose anything on anyone. I don't agree with you. So, do whine on! bybee

I didn't say you IMPOSED anything on anyone, -- I JUST SAID, What are you crying about? ---- MAN, - these people will jump at any opportunity to stretch what someone says. Sounds like someone with a chip on their sholder, and not trying to correct someone in the Scriptures.

Paul -- 060710

lucy

Paul – 060610

Looks like you used the word "imposing" to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.