ECT Israel Will be a Blessing to the World

Interplanner

What could possibly be more ridiculous than the idea that the Lord Jesus is the "land" which the LORD gave to Jacob:

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever" (Ez.37:25).​

He is the Sabbath, in Hebrews. The land all the believers in Heb 11 were looking for was not on this earth after all. Thank about that.

You have an unstated rule of reading everything directly from the OT without awareness of huge changes by the NT. Why is that and how do you support it?

All you prove is the fact that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

Danoh

Originally posted by Interplanner:

What could possibly be more ridiculous than the idea that the Lord Jesus is the "land" which the LORD gave to Jacob:

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever" (Ez.37:25).​

All you prove is the fact that you will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

Exactly :chuckle:

beloved57

Israel the Spiritual Children of Abraham that Belong to Christ, His Body the Church, is a blessing to the World, because in him[Christ], all the nations shall be blessed, however Israel the mere physical descendants of Abraham according to the flesh, they have no relationship with God, because they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

Danoh

Israel the Spiritual Children of Abraham that Belong to Christ, His Body the Church, is a blessing to the World, because in him[Christ], all the nations shall be blessed, however Israel the mere physical descendants of Abraham according to the flesh, they have no relationship with God, because they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

I've yet to meet/read a Dispy who asserts that merely being a physical son of Abraham is some sort of an automatic get out of jail card.

You remain clueless as to what Dispy's are actually asserting about what, as to who, when, where, why, and how.

You're reacting to YOUR habitual misreading INTO another's words.

Like Calvin, like son :chuckle:

beloved57

I've yet to meet/read a Dispy who asserts that merely being a physical son of Abraham is some sort of an automatic get out of jail card.

You remain clueless as to what Dispy's are actually asserting about what, as to who, when, where, why, and how.

You're reacting to YOUR habitual misreading INTO another's words.

Like Calvin, like son :chuckle:
Abraham's physical descendants Israel according to the flesh are not the children of God Rom 9:8

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, you ignore the fact that when the two sticks will be joined together both houses will be in the land which the LORD gave to Jacob and they will dwell in that land for ever.

So now you are trying to prove that what is said in those verses is not true! You are a sad case!

So you do not believe the cross healed the division between the houses of Israel.

You do not believe God bought Israel from Babylon back to the land and poured out His Spirit of salvation upon then whereby they became a blessing to the whole world ever since.

You think the seed of Abraham is Judaism and their rejection of Christ.

You are still looking for a fountain to be opened up to Israel for the forgiveness of sin.

Your unbelief is amazing.

There were no chapter divisions originally and they got it all wrong .

Acts chapter 2 was--

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
Zec 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course it will. You obviously have no understanding of the Hebrew word translated "for ever" or else you woukd understand that it is referring to time until the end of things as we know them. And here Paul is speaking of that end:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​

So I will ask you a question. What do you think that the words "for ever" mean in this verse:

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever" (Ez.37:15).​

How long?

I know all about that.

You claim the children of Israel only consist of the flesh descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

That is not true and never has been.

Isa 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Jerry, you say the believers who are not of the flesh of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, are not Israel.

You are dishonest with scripture because you study other mens false ideas.

LA

Jerry Shugart

Acts chapter 2 was--

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

How conveient for you to just jerk those verses out of their context. Of course anyone in their right mind knows that the following did not happen at Acts 2:

"In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zech.12:8-9).​

Now run along and try to find another verse which you can take out of its context in an effort to try to prove that what is revealed there happened at Acts 2.

Interplanner

How conveient for you to just jerk those verses out of their context. Of course anyone in their right mind knows that the following did not happen at Acts 2:

"In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zech.12:8-9).​

Now run along and try to find another verse which you can take out of its context in an effort to try to prove that what is revealed there happened at Acts 2.

Zech is not a good place to build a doctrine. You need the apostle's statements about it, and Christ through them. I've heard people shout triumphantly about God putting Israel back in its land from Zech, and when he does, 2/3 of the city is ruined and half the women are raped. Just great. In the same context, that is.

beloved57

Thats not speaking about Israel, Abrahams seed according to othe flesh, because they are not the Children of God, no relation to Him at all ! Rom 9:8

Interplanner

Dont know what you are talking about!

Many of them do, but then there is the confusion of the genetic state today, which would make it nearly moot.

All Danoh need to is spend a few minutes in 'Israel will be a blessing to the nations' to see the fixation on the nation or ethne.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Your verses are not referred to in Acts ch 2.

These are---

Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

Zec 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

The early church was a blessing to all of the world--

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

LA