ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, now your going to pull out your holding card and force feed us Josephus and how he set's this all in place? that's your general pattern but in this case you’ve been kind of quiet on the Josephus stuff Agreed?

No, I just had no idea what you were talking about. It reminded me of how Danoh speaks.

Apparently I wasn't the only one:

I'm not sure what you are asking here.
Could you maybe spell it out a little more?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Living and dying, Tet.
What do you think they should have been doing?

It says they would be too numerous to count.

That would mean there are so many Israelites descended from Ephraim in the world today, and that they are too numerous to count.

Do you know of such Israelites? Where do they live?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the descendants of Ephraim became (not 'mixed' with, but 'became').

(Hosea 7:8) "Ephraim mixes with the nations; Ephraim is a flat loaf not turned over.

How much clearer does it have to be for you?

Ephraim mixed with the nations, AND became a multitude of nations.

According to the Bible, these Israelites who mixed with the nations, and became a multitude of nations, would become so populous, they would be too numerous to count.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It looks to me like Tet is a universalist in the way he says things

Nope, not a Universalist.
------ Israel (northern kingdom) became the pagan Gentiles of the world and Judah (southern kingdom) stayed intact until both sticks were joined together into one.

Close.

They didn't become pagain Gentiles, they mixed with the pagan Gentiles. After 700 years, most of them couldn't be distinguished from a pagan Gentile.
So all the pagan Gentile nations of the world are untied with Judah (the only non-Gentile nation) as GOD's kingdom people.

No, the New Covenant went out to Judah and all the world. The Gentiles (Israelites from the 10 tribes & pagan Gentiles) became fellow heirs of the promises.

That's everyone.

That's what Paul said:

(Eph 3:6)This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Paul calls it a "mystery".

Danoh

No, I just had no idea what you were talking about. It reminded me of how Danoh speaks.

Apparently I wasn't the only one:

lol - you incompetent in your inability to discern between the things that differ in Scripture.

No surprise, then, you can't discern things that differ between posters on a forum :chuckle:

lol - WS's posts are more like a cross between DanP's and my posts.

Though more like mine; less like DP 's.

But leave it to you to conclude that 2 + 2 just has to = 5.

Ten to one Tam did not conclude WS is Danoh.

She had merely asked for further clarification; what you ever fail to do: for you are ever after proving you are right.

Fact is, o incompetent one, that all over the net and in all areas of life, there are people who share similar traits in view and or in approach; and or in how they express their thoughts.

But...you...

...are an incompetent.

It just has to be that one person is actually another....

Just as from within your consistently obvious incompetence it just has to be that a person got their understanding from Darby - it just has to be.

As I have often had to note; to address you often requires talking to a lower intellect.

lol - you've once more set me off on a hilarious rant; about your incompetence; at your expense; by your own hand, as usual.

:rotfl:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His eschatology is from Origen of Alexandria

Wait!!!......what about all those posts claiming Preterism came from Luis Alcazar? Origen lived almost 1,500 years before Alcazar?

Origen said a lot of things that many Christians believed until Darby came along 1,700 years later.

For example:

"I challenge anyone to prove my statement untrue if I say that the entire Jewish nation was destroyed less than one whole generation later on account of these sufferings which they inflicted on Jesus." - Contra Celsus, IV, xii, xiii; Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. IV, pp.501, 502.
but he evades it in person

I don't evade anything.

You can ask me anything you want.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the things that differ

Every time you use that phrase, you prove to the world that what you teach is book based.

You should just put an asterisk at the bottom of each post that says: "Every thing I believe, and every thing I post, came from Cornelius R. Stam's book: Things That Differ".

Danoh

Every time you use that phrase, you prove to the world that what you teach is book based.

You should just put an asterisk at the bottom of each post that says: "Every thing I believe, and every thing I post, came from Cornelius R. Stam's book: Things That Differ".

Nope.

You're just being your usually incompetent self :chuckle:

I use that phrase because it is a sound principle.

Fact is, when I first encountered it in word form, it reminded me of when I was kid; ever taking things apart, curious about what all held them together.

lol - I still recall my mom whooping me good, one day, when I took apart one of our fancy upholstery dinning room chairs: out of curiosity about what held it together.

Fact is though I agreed with Stam's use of that title, when I first read his book; I did not; and still do not, agree with him on the passage of Scripture he bases it on.

Due to my own finer use of the things that differ principle by the time I read of it in word form in his book.

Fact is, I had already been coming to various distinctions between the things that differ in Scripture a little over a year before I ever even heard of Dispensationalism, let alone; the Acts 9 Position aka Mid-Acts.

Fact is that as a kid, I was often asking people from different cultures questions about their culture, and ever reading books from different cultures; curious about their differences.

Fact is...you are a "one size fits all" incompetent.

Danoh

You just can't help yourself.

Nope; I can't.

Behavioral Role Modeling or Profiling, is what that is called in the world of Science; you incompetent.

It is has long been "second nature" to me by now "by reason of use" you incompetent.

"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Hebrews 5:14.

There the things that differ principle is, incompetent one.

lol

You are such an incompetent

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Hebrews 5:14.

Back to Dispensationalism 101.

You Darby Followers aren't allowed to take scripture not written to the BOC, and apply to the current church age.

C'mon Danoh, get with the program.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fact is, when I first encountered it in word form, it reminded me of when I was kid; ever taking things apart, curious about what all held them together.

Yet, you're unable to see what holds the whole Bible together, because you have chosen to be a follower of John Nelson Darby.

Danoh

Back to Dispensationalism 101.

You Darby Followers aren't allowed to take scripture not written to the BOC, and apply to the current church age.

C'mon Danoh, get with the program.

Nope. That is the so called "MAD" of very few.

But you are a "one size fits all" incompetent.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11

whitestone

Wait!!!......what about all those posts claiming Preterism came from Luis Alcazar? Origen lived almost 1,500 years before Alcazar?

Origen said a lot of things that many Christians believed until Darby came along 1,700 years later.

For example:

"I challenge anyone to prove my statement untrue if I say that the entire Jewish nation was destroyed less than one whole generation later on account of these sufferings which they inflicted on Jesus." - Contra Celsus, IV, xii, xiii; Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. IV, pp.501, 502.

I don't evade anything.

You can ask me anything you want.

lol,in ad100 or so where did Josephus think the ten tribes lived,the same place you do or somewhere else? Josephus thought two tribes were under the Roman rule but I see three.

Danoh

lol,in ad100 or so where did Josephus think the ten tribes lived,the same place you do or somewhere else? Josephus thought two tribes were under the Roman rule but I see three.

And Origin was basically (what became known as) Roman Catholic in much of his approach and it's resulting errors.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol,in ad100 or so where did Josephus think the ten tribes lived,the same place you do or somewhere else?

"wherefore there are but two tribes in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the ten tribes are beyond Euphrates till now, and are an immense multitude, and not to be estimated by numbers." - 11.5.2

Josephus thought two tribes were under the Roman rule but I see three.

I only see two in Josephus' statement.

whitestone

"wherefore there are but two tribes in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the ten tribes are beyond Euphrates till now, and are an immense multitude, and not to be estimated by numbers." - 11.5.2

I only see two in Josephus' statement.

There you go 11.5.2 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/josephus/ant-11.html those ten kings on the other side of the Euphrates being guarded by those lightning bolts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_XII_Fulminata as if it was not yet dried up to make way for the kings of the east.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And Origin was basically (what became known as) Roman Catholic in much of his approach and it's resulting errors.

Origin made many errors in his early days, but in his latter days, he preached Preterism.

Origin preached Preterism as early as 225AD.

"Now in these it is recorded, that "when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed about with armies, then shall ye know that the desolation thereof is nigh." But at that time there were no armies around Jerusalem, encompassing and enclosing and besieging it; for the siege began in the reign of Nero, and lasted till the government of Vespasian, whose son Titus destroyed Jerusalem, on account, as Josephus says, of James the Just, the brother of Jesus who was called Christ, but in reality, as the truth makes clear, on account of Jesus Christ the Son of God." - Contra Celsus, 2.13)