ECT Israel is not the BOC

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope.

The Jews were taken captive to Babylon for 70 years, but they returned to Jerusalem.
Tet, Tet, Tet ,,,,
That was not the only time they were scattered, now was it?
Both the northern and southern kingdoms lost their identities as kingdoms.
Would you like to tell us where the kingdom of Judah was located during the middle ages?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL....Why did Ezekiel say it would be the stick of Ephraim that would be joined to the stick of Judah?
Why did Gen 48:19 only include the descendants of Ephraim, and not any of the other sons?

You do know that the Benjaminites were part of Judah?
They were part of the southern kingdom called Judah, but they were not descendants of Judah.
Or I'll put it this way for ya ...... Christ would be a descendant of Judah (the man), not Benjamin or any of the other sons of Jacob. You can't just lump Benjamin in the mix of the context when speaking of descendants of a certain person.
The context of Gen 48:19 does not deal with a kingdom, but a person.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Both the northern and southern kingdoms lost their identities as kingdoms.

The Jews from the Northern Kingdom never lost their identity. They were always in covenant with God, God always had mercy on them. God never told them they were not a people. They were entrusted with the oracles of God.

Would you like to tell us where the kingdom of Judah was located during the middle ages?

The Old Covenant ended in 70AD. The Middle Ages was a long time after that.

Judah only mattered until Jesus was born.

DAN P

Moreove
Though the word gentiles and the word heathen are used many times in the Bible, we must face the facts that there are no Hebrew or Greek words that would demand this translation." [/COLOR][/I]

Hi and interpret John 11:50 means , and that the whole NATION / ETHNOS perish not ?

dan p

Danoh

Read your whole post, and have no idea what your point is.

I'm not surprised in the least.

After all; you're an incompetent who right off concludes that anyone who arrives at a Dispensational distinction solely through their own time in the Word is "a Darby follower."

Sort of like some fool concluding from the Scripture that the Scripture must have inspired basically the same flailing instrument used by ancient Israelites as a farming tool, over on the other side of the world; in Okinawa also.

You're an incompetent, Tel.

Plain and simple.

That is why you missed my obvious point.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm not surprised in the least.

After all; you're an incompetent who right off concludes that anyone who arrives at a Dispensational distinction solely through their own time in the Word is "a Darby follower."

Sort of like some fool concluding from the Scripture that the Scripture must have inspired basically the same flailing instrument used by ancient Israelites as a farming tool, over on the other side of the world; in Okinawa also.

Plain and simple.

He applies the Tetelestaianic Principle...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Jews from the Northern Kingdom never lost their identity.
Both the northern and southern kingdom lost their identities AS A NATION.
But no one lost their ancestry.
If you are a descendant of Judah, then you cannot be a descendant of Benjamin.
If you are a descendant of Ephraim, then you cannot be a descendant of Manasseh.

Gen 48:19 clearly is speaking of the descendants of an individual son, and not the descendants of several of the sons.
It ludicrous for you to keep trying to make Gen 48:19 be about 10 sons instead just the two sons mentioned, and only one of those 2 sons mentioned is said to become a multitude of nations.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That's correct.

No one can read the Bible by themselves, and become a Dispensationalist. The only way someone becomes a Dispensationalist is if Darby's teachings are taught to them.

If the Okinawan's have faith in Christ Jesus, they will never have to beat their plowshares into swords.

You're a Darby Follower, Danoh

Still waiting for a MADist to explain Gen 48:19

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Both the northern and southern kingdom lost their identities AS A NATION.

That's irrelevant. What mattered was their covenant with God.

But no one lost their ancestry.
If you are a descendant of Judah, then you cannot be a descendant of Benjamin.
If you are a descendant of Ephraim, then you cannot be a descendant of Manasseh.

God told the Israelites from the 10 tribes that they were "not a people".

Gen 48:19 clearly is speaking of the descendants of an individual son, and not the descendants of several of the sons.
It ludicrous for you to keep trying to make Gen 48:19 be about 10 sons instead just the two sons mentioned, and only one of those 2 sons mentioned is said to become a multitude of nations.

Again Tam, why is it so hard for you to understand that Ephraim was synonymous with all 10 tribes?

Why did Ezekiel say "the stick of Ephraim"?

You do know that Ephraim wasn't even a son of Jacob? Yet, his name is synonymous with the 10 tribes. Why do you think that is Tam?

God's Truth

What are you trying to say????
Are you trying to say that the answers to the questions above is "yes" instead of "no"??????

What I am saying is Jesus is the body and the Jews were put in the body of Christ.

Earthly land promises were given a long time ago.

The only land that matters is the heavenly one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The bloodline of Judah only had to remain pure until the birth of Christ.

After the birth of Christ, it didn't matter anymore.

Jesus being born was not the time all of Israel was united as one again under one shepherd.

Both houses were united when Jesus shed His blood and put in place the New Covenant. He became king over them, they became one, never to be divided again. Their sins are remembered no more.

Christ Jesus is the one Shepherd, with the one flock.

To this day that has not yet happened.

(John 10:11) "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one can read the Bible by themselves, and become a Dispensationalist.
Darby did.
So did a lot of other folks.

The only way someone becomes a Dispensationalist is if Darby's teachings are taught to them.
Darby didn't have to be taught Darby's teachings before he arrived at the conclusion of dispensation.
Neither did a lot of other folks.

Still waiting for a MADist to explain Gen 48:19
Haven't been paying attention then.
Gen 48:19 is about 2 sons (not 10 sons), Ephraim and Manasseh, and only one of those two sons (Ephraim and Manasseh) is said to become a multitude of nations --- Ephraim.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
WHAT???
Jesus being born was not the time all of Israel was united as one again under one shepherd.
To this day that has not yet happened.

You look at tribes and nationalities, instead of looking for a remnant of believers in each tribe and nationality.

God never has saved an entire family, tribe, nation . . or even an entire religion.

Only a remnant out of the whole of humanity has been chosen for redemption in Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Darby did.

Yes, Darby was the first. However, his conclusion was based on a "vision" from a teenage girl about Jesus returning twice.
So did a lot of other folks.

NEVER before Darby.

Only after Darby's teachings were taught to them.

Darby didn't have to be taught Darby's teachings before he arrived at the conclusion of dispensation.

Ya, I know. Darby is the one who invented Dispensationalism. No one taught Einstein the theory of relativity before he came up with it.

Haven't been paying attention then.
Gen 48:19 is about 2 sons (not 10 sons), Ephraim and Manasseh, and only one of those two sons (Ephraim and Manasseh) is said to become a multitude of nations --- Ephraim.

That doesn't answer the question Tam.

Tell us what great Israelite people the descendants of Manasseh became? Tell us the multitude of Israelite nations the descendants of Ephraim became?

If these prophecies have not been fulfilled yet, explain to us how they fit into MAD's eschatology?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do know that Ephraim wasn't even a son of Jacob?
Yes he was.

Yet, his name is synonymous with the 10 tribes. Why do you think that is Tam?
Because, you idiot, he was the prominent tribe in the northern kingdom, as Judah was the prominent tribe in the southern kingdom.
It certainly doesn't mean that all of the tribes of the kingdom of Ephraim were DESCENDANTS of Ephraim!!!!!!!
Gen 48:19 is about the DESCENDANTS of the person, Ephraim, not the kingdom called Ephraim.
Geeze, I cannot believe you are having such difficulty figuring out who Ephraim is in Gen 48:19 !!!!!

God's Truth

That's right.

The land promise was fulfilled:

(Joshua 21:43) So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there.

Exactly.

As for Tambora saying the Jews were not a part of the "BOC", how can she miss it that they were put in Christ?

The sheep were God's and were given to Jesus, they now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

John 6:56
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me, and I in him.

John 17:21
that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Romans 8:10
But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet the Spirit gives you life because of righteousness.