Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What is the phase of water at -459F? Hint, it is no longer liquid. I don't see where this makes your case any stronger. But it does explain why Walt needs his hypothesis to create meteors and comets.

You've got it backwards. He explains the origin of all space debris in the solar system with the HP Theory.

In any case, if these fountains are all around the world are spewing out -459F material for 40 days, what do you think the temperatures of the planet would be?

Normal, except for the fact that the waters are rising at least several thousand feet above what would have been sea-level.

In any case, you have a new problem. A rock structure has been found under the crust that is estimated to contain three times the volume of water so our surface oceans. You can Google this as well and find several different reports about the finding.

Third attempt:

Could you point me to a study or paper or some other material that shows what happens when pressure is removed from supercritical water? Heck, I'll even take a YouTube video...

Rondonmonson

I got into a discussion about young Earth creationism recently. My position was that YECism is completely debunked because it is obvious that there are objects in the night sky that are much older than 6,000 years. For instance, the galaxy Andromeda is roughly 2.5 million light years away. That means that when we look at Andromeda, we don't see it as it is today. We see what it looked like two-and-a-half million years ago. (It takes the light from that galaxy that long to reach us.)

My friend, who is a Christian (but not a YEC) agreed with me, but introduced me to a bit of apologetics that says this: just as God made Adam in a mature state, so too he made the cosmos appear mature. I guess this works, but it sounds a little bit like squaring the circle. After all, in doing this, God has given anyone with a telescope very good reason to doubt the literal accounts in Genesis. My friend even added a nice counter argument along this same vein: we can see stars that are much farther than 6,000 light years years away enter their dying phase. By creationist logic, when we see this, we are in fact seeing stars die that were never born in the first place. That makes no sense!

Unless you are going to see God as a cosmic practical joker, the "mature universe" apologetics are not very plausible. But my reason for starting this thread wasn't just to push that point. My question is for YECs: Isn't it reasonable for a person to conclude that the universe is older than 6,000 years? I mean, it seems pretty obvious that it is. Can you really fault anyone for coming to that very sensible conclusion? After all, even if the accounts in Genesis ARE literally true, God went through a lot of trouble to make it look otherwise. Whether it turns out to be true or not, isn't it reasonable to doubt young earth creationism?

I as a 30 year Christian try to think outside the box of normality. Is the universe 6000 years old? Is the universe 13.7 billion years old? Do these two questions clash or is there a translation barrier !! This is how I think. I try to bring both poles of thought towards each other starting with the facts. We know the universe has to be over 6000 years old because we see light from stars that are millions of light years away, so we would have to be naive to think the universe is 6000 years old.

Onward to what Genesis says about creation, does it really say the universe or earth is 6000 years old? I don’t think it does, I think its a mistranslation of a primitive language that had only around 4000 words at the time Genesis was written, whereas the English language has 500,000 words. So many of the Hebrew words were used in multiple ways. For instance the original meaning of the Hebrew word YOWM (Day) means “to be hot” and there are at least 50 other meanings listed in strong’s concordance’s lexicon of Hebrew words. A year, a month, a period of time, chronicles, evening and morning (Beginning and end), age, perpetually, long, some time, whole, X required season, continually etc. etc., well you get the point.

YOWM or “To be hot”, what would this mean and why was it used since God is supposed to have given Moses the first five books of the Torah. Well when the universe was spoken into existence by God, it took 400 million years for the first stars to form. So the first Day (to be hot) was the Evening (Darkness, 400 million years of darkness) and the Morning ( The stars started forming) and the first day was a “period of time” and in my opinion it lasted from 13.7 Billion BC until 4.5 Billion BC (9.2 Billion years) when the Sun & Earth were formed. So lets take a second and look at the Bible and the WMAP research and see if this matches.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Now look below at the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) which launched in 2001 and won many awards, they mapped the whole universe out. Below as we see, you had Quantum Fluctuations which I contend is God, then you had Inflation, followed by Afterglow, followed by 400 MILLION YEARS of Darkness !! Just like the bible says in verse 2, and there was Darkness on the Face of the Deep !! Gods word is perfect, it is us who are confused. DARK AGES Mapped out by the WMAP, followed by what? The first stars forming at the 400 million year mark. Verse three says what? and God said “Let there be light” God is right again. We are looking at Creation from Gods POV, no man was there of course and with God he is not subject to time, he created time for us via this universe, but He is eternal and thus was never created. Remember the verse, a thousand years is like a day and a day like unto a thousand years unto God. In other words God lives in the past, present and future all at the same time.

search

Link to WMAP MAP.......https://www.google.com/search?q=wma...UICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=exoZXVH4Cqw4EM:

So we had the Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 375,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce.

The first stars appear….Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the big bang. So, when the bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! The more we look for the answers, the more that science and the bible will converge, if both sides with differing viewpoints would only take their blinders off.

The second day (period of time) of course would be from the Earth & the Suns formation until the grasses and trees came forth on the Third day (period of time) then on the Fourth day it seems God Set the Seasons or placed the Moon in its perfect orbit where our seasons are not strange, but orderly, I know the moon and earth is supposed to have collided. Anyway, that set the seasons, times, years etc. etc. Mind you, all of these ideas are rudimentary observations. A theory of how the things God says in His Holy Word and Science can both be factual. They are not meant to imply everything went down just so and in like manner, the dates of course are guesstimates, I wasn’t there.

On the Fifth day God created the Sea animals/birds and what not, were the Dinos created here or with the land animals? The fifth day lasted 300 million to 400 million years or so. On the Sixth Day around 300–350 Million BC God created the Land Animals. During this period of time the Dinosaurs became extinct about 70 Million years ago. Then during this “TIME PERIOD” (6TH DAY) God decided to create man 6000 or so years ago. Some might protest that men have been around much longer, but I offer this up, where is the data? Men are record keepers and we don’t have proof of men going back further. Now as per “MEN” being observed by scientists to have been around X Number of years, I never said Animal like men weren’t around, I stated Human Beings were created 6000 years ago, when God placed His spirit in us and thus we are immortal in that our souls can not die. We were at that point in time “Created in Gods Image”. The other fossils and bones mean nothing, because Scientists have no way of testing for God imparting His spirit into mankind and creating “Human Beings” with powerful intellects.

On the Seventh Day God rested, which only means He ceased Creating the Heavens/Earth/Mankind/Animals. So when we see stars and galaxies created today, it was ordered forth 13.7 Billion years ago. So its not necessarily either or. We need to start looking at things with an open mind, be we an atheist or a Christian.

P.S. Just something to think about. Einstein’s theory of relativity is in the very first verse of the bible, relatively speaking…LOL.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning (TIME) God created the heaven(SPACE) and the earth(MATTER).

6days

We know the universe has to be over 6000 years old because we see light from stars that are millions of light years away, so we would have to be naive to think the universe is 6000 years old.
You are confusing distance with time. How long do you think it took God to spread the stars?

When you add deep time to God's Word, you end up with a watered down, compromised Gospel. If death existed before first Adam sinned, then the purpose of the cross (Last Adam) becomes meaningless.

Rondonmonson

You are confusing distance with time. How long do you think it took God to spread the stars?

When you add deep time to God's Word, you end up with a watered down, compromised Gospel. If death existed before first Adam sinned, then the purpose of the cross (Last Adam) becomes meaningless.

Death of any being without a Soul is as us killing a Chicken or a Cow, its not really death. Adam was imparted with Gods Spirit, thus he became immortal. Thus his sin caused a death of the Soul.

As per the Universe, that isn't even debatable, you guys just make Christians look bad brother, we can't reach souls of many because of this naivety. I know you want to reach souls so why not follow the truth, this 6000 year old stuff sounds like 1st graders stuff man. I mean its just not even plausible.

6days

Death of any being without a Soul is as us killing a Chicken or a Cow, its not really death. Adam was imparted with Gods Spirit, thus he became immortal. Thus his sin caused a death of the Soul.
If that were true... the cross was unnecessary. Christ would not have had to physically defeat physical death if the curse was just spiritual death.
As per the Universe, that isn't even debatable, you guys just make Christians look bad brother, we can't reach souls of many because of this naivety.
Its the other way around. PEW research found that kids who drop from church often have been taught that its ok not to accept the creation account as literal history. That lead to them also questioning other scripture... Why believe the global flood? Why believe virgin birth etc. PEW found that kids who were taught how Genesis is true history which is the foundation of the Gospel were much more likely to have a vibrant faith as adults.
(Why do you think God cant spread the stars faster than speed of light, yet you believe in expansion?)

Rondonmonson

If that were true... the cross was unnecessary. Christ would not have had to physically defeat physical death if the curse was just spiritual death.

Its spiritual death that matters, our Physical death MEANS NOTHING, its DIRT !! We died Spiritually thus sin overtook our Souls and God had to leave. Once Christ is invited back in he lives in our hearts. We are quickened in the SOULS but the flesh still dies !!

Its the other way around. PEW research found that kids who drop from church often have been taught that its ok not to accept the creation account as literal history. That lead to them also questioning other scripture... Why believe the global flood? Why believe virgin birth etc. PEW found that kids who were taught how Genesis is true history which is the foundation of the Gospel were much more likely to have a vibrant faith as adults.
(Why do you think God cant spread the stars faster than speed of light, yet you believe in expansion?)

Why do you think God would need to "CHANGE" the Laws of Nature? God is in no hurry, He is ETERNAL, do you not get that? Se you are going to have to explain why God would change the Laws of Nature when He lives in All times at once !!

The reason those kids are accepting the dimwitted Science teachers theories is people like you make no sense to them, they say if Jesus is as false as these theories of "6000 years" I can't take them serious. I am just telling you what they think, and how people like you drive the final nail in their coffin. To reach these young people who have far more ways to research truths than we did 50 years ago, we can't come at them with a lie about a 6000 year old earth.

I explain the Creation where God still created all the Universe over a 13.7 Billion year time frame, which is the truth, yet it doesn't fit your old beliefs so pride wont let you hear it, else you would have to change your handle/moniker from 6 days............But you could just explain 6 Days means 13.7 Billion years :think:

I am telling you truth, you can believe as you please.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Its spiritual death that matters, our Physical death MEANS NOTHING, its DIRT !! We died Spiritually thus sin overtook our Souls and God had to leave. Once Christ is invited back in he lives in our hearts. We are quickened in the SOULS but the flesh still dies !!

Why do you think God would need to "CHANGE" the Laws of Nature?

God wouldn't need to change the laws of nature to stretch out light from stars.

God is in no hurry, He is ETERNAL, do you not get that? Se you are going to have to explain why God would change the Laws of Nature when He lives in All times at once !!

Yes, God is eternal. But eternal doesn't mean "existing in all times at once." It means "lasting or existing forever, without beginning or end."

The reason those kids are accepting the dimwitted Science teachers theories is people like you make no sense to them, they say if Jesus is as false as these theories of 6000 years I can't take the serious. I am just telling you what they think, and how people like you drive the final nail in their coffin. To reach these young people who have far more ways to research truths that we did 50 years ago, we can't come it them with a lie about a 6000 year old earth.

I explain the Creation where God still created all the Universe over a 13.7 Billion year time frame, which is the truth, yet it doesn't fit your old beliefs so pride wont let you hear it, else you would have to change your handle/moniker from 6 days............But you could just explain 6 Days means 13.7 Billion years :think:

I am telling you truth, you can believe as you please.

"Six days" means six literal 24-hour days.

Jesus said that He made made at the BEGINNING of creation, which means that either man was around for 13.7 billion years, or there's no room for 13.7 billion years in the Bible.

iouae

I as a 30 year Christian try to think outside the box of normality. Is the universe 6000 years old? Is the universe 13.7 billion years old? Do these two questions clash or is there a translation barrier !! This is how I think. I try to bring both poles of thought towards each other starting with the facts. We know the universe has to be over 6000 years old because we see light from stars that are millions of light years away, so we would have to be naive to think the universe is 6000 years old.

Onward to what Genesis says about creation, does it really say the universe or earth is 6000 years old? I don’t think it does, I think its a mistranslation of a primitive language that had only around 4000 words at the time Genesis was written, whereas the English language has 500,000 words. So many of the Hebrew words were used in multiple ways. For instance the original meaning of the Hebrew word YOWM (Day) means “to be hot” and there are at least 50 other meanings listed in strong’s concordance’s lexicon of Hebrew words. A year, a month, a period of time, chronicles, evening and morning (Beginning and end), age, perpetually, long, some time, whole, X required season, continually etc. etc., well you get the point.

YOWM or “To be hot”, what would this mean and why was it used since God is supposed to have given Moses the first five books of the Torah. Well when the universe was spoken into existence by God, it took 400 million years for the first stars to form. So the first Day (to be hot) was the Evening (Darkness, 400 million years of darkness) and the Morning ( The stars started forming) and the first day was a “period of time” and in my opinion it lasted from 13.7 Billion BC until 4.5 Billion BC (9.2 Billion years) when the Sun & Earth were formed. So lets take a second and look at the Bible and the WMAP research and see if this matches.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Now look below at the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) which launched in 2001 and won many awards, they mapped the whole universe out. Below as we see, you had Quantum Fluctuations which I contend is God, then you had Inflation, followed by Afterglow, followed by 400 MILLION YEARS of Darkness !! Just like the bible says in verse 2, and there was Darkness on the Face of the Deep !! Gods word is perfect, it is us who are confused. DARK AGES Mapped out by the WMAP, followed by what? The first stars forming at the 400 million year mark. Verse three says what? and God said “Let there be light” God is right again. We are looking at Creation from Gods POV, no man was there of course and with God he is not subject to time, he created time for us via this universe, but He is eternal and thus was never created. Remember the verse, a thousand years is like a day and a day like unto a thousand years unto God. In other words God lives in the past, present and future all at the same time.

search

Link to WMAP MAP.......https://www.google.com/search?q=wma...UICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=exoZXVH4Cqw4EM:

So we had the Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 375,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce.

The first stars appear….Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the big bang. So, when the bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! The more we look for the answers, the more that science and the bible will converge, if both sides with differing viewpoints would only take their blinders off.

The second day (period of time) of course would be from the Earth & the Suns formation until the grasses and trees came forth on the Third day (period of time) then on the Fourth day it seems God Set the Seasons or placed the Moon in its perfect orbit where our seasons are not strange, but orderly, I know the moon and earth is supposed to have collided. Anyway, that set the seasons, times, years etc. etc. Mind you, all of these ideas are rudimentary observations. A theory of how the things God says in His Holy Word and Science can both be factual. They are not meant to imply everything went down just so and in like manner, the dates of course are guesstimates, I wasn’t there.

On the Fifth day God created the Sea animals/birds and what not, were the Dinos created here or with the land animals? The fifth day lasted 300 million to 400 million years or so. On the Sixth Day around 300–350 Million BC God created the Land Animals. During this period of time the Dinosaurs became extinct about 70 Million years ago. Then during this “TIME PERIOD” (6TH DAY) God decided to create man 6000 or so years ago. Some might protest that men have been around much longer, but I offer this up, where is the data? Men are record keepers and we don’t have proof of men going back further. Now as per “MEN” being observed by scientists to have been around X Number of years, I never said Animal like men weren’t around, I stated Human Beings were created 6000 years ago, when God placed His spirit in us and thus we are immortal in that our souls can not die. We were at that point in time “Created in Gods Image”. The other fossils and bones mean nothing, because Scientists have no way of testing for God imparting His spirit into mankind and creating “Human Beings” with powerful intellects.

On the Seventh Day God rested, which only means He ceased Creating the Heavens/Earth/Mankind/Animals. So when we see stars and galaxies created today, it was ordered forth 13.7 Billion years ago. So its not necessarily either or. We need to start looking at things with an open mind, be we an atheist or a Christian.

P.S. Just something to think about. Einstein’s theory of relativity is in the very first verse of the bible, relatively speaking…LOL.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning (TIME) God created the heaven(SPACE) and the earth(MATTER).

Thanks for this post.

Old light and geologic column are there to keep us believers honest. If our theology cannot be reconciled with these, then it is time to change our theology. The science is incontrovertible. I am always amazed at how much science goes into cosmology, geology, palaeontology etc. and how folks are able to tell sea levels over the epochs, carbon dioxide levels over the epochs, temperatures over the epochs and to know when the continents separated etc.

And cosmic background microwave radiation was predicted before it was found. As were so many of Einstein's predictions.

And I agree with you that YEC does no favours to youngsters who are science savvy and have all the evidence that the cosmos is 13.7 billion years old. They can see the earliest galaxies through Hubble.

Jose Fly

Jesus said that He made made at the BEGINNING of creation, which means that either man was around for 13.7 billion years, or there's no room for 13.7 billion years in the Bible.

Then by your reasoning, I and anyone else who finds the science for a 13+ billion year old universe to be compelling are justified in rejecting the Bible.

No wonder fundamentalists see science as such a threat to their faith.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then by your reasoning, I and anyone else who finds the science for a 13+ billion year old universe to be compelling are justified in rejecting the Bible.

"... Who finds the science..."?

You mean "who finds the indisputable, incontrovertible, undeniable evidence"?

Because as it stands now, all the "evidence" you have points to a young earth.

Jose Fly

"... Who finds the science..."?

You mean "who finds the indisputable, incontrovertible, undeniable evidence"?
I mean, according to the reasoning you described, anyone who finds the science behind an ancient (i.e., billions of years old) universe to be compelling, must then reject the Bible.

Because as it stands now, all the "evidence" you have points to a young earth.
The moon is made of cheese.

It sure is easy to make empty assertions on internet forums, isn't it?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Depends. Are you willing to discuss the evidence, or are you going to stick with your tactic of using your assumptions as evidence?

Nope. If you can show something we believe to be impossible via evidence, we should abandon the idea.

Can you make the same declaration?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone who finds the science behind an ancient (i.e., billions of years old) universe to be compelling, must then reject the Bible.
This is fair.

However, Darwinists like Blablaman are anything but rational.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Geology, biology.

Kinda out of your league if you read those as "blah blah blah."

Then we agree.
Yes, we do. If you believe the universe is billions of years old, you should reject the Biblical account of origins.

That would be rational.

Unfortunately, many evolutionists mould the Bible to fit their ideas.

6days

Rondonmonson said:
Its spiritual death that matters, our Physical death MEANS NOTHING, its DIRT !!
In other words, the cross is meaningless? Why did Christ have to defeat physical death if it MEANS NOTHING?
The curse was physical death... 'unto the dust shall you return' Gen. 3:19
Rondonmonson said:
Why do you think God would need to "CHANGE" the Laws of Nature?
Who suggested that? Although God does change laws of nature with miracles such as the resurrection,
Rondonmonson said:
God is in no hurry, He is ETERNAL, do you not get that?
Yes??? …. AND??? Do you believeJesus was still dead on the third day, until the resurrection correct? God did keep Jonah in the fish for 3 days, right? God did keep the Israelites wandering 40 years, correct? God did tell Joshua to march around the city a certain number of days, correct? God isn't just tossing out random meaningless numbers...correct?
Rondonmonson said:
To reach these young people who have far more ways to research truths that we did 50 years ago, we can't come it them with a lie about a 6000 year old earth.
If you teach them that about a god who created using a process of pain, suffering, death and extinctions, then you are teaching idol worship... not about the God of Scripture.
Rondonmonson said:
I explain the Creation where God still created all the Universe over a 13.7 Billion year time frame, which is the truth, yet it doesn't fit your old beliefs
I will stick with what Jesus taught... that humanity was there from "the beginning" and a time near "the foundation of the world". Jesus rejected the old earth belief system... which did exist even back then.

Evolutionism destroys the gospel... making the cross / physical death of Jesus 'mean nothing'

iouae

Like all science, right? Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
I mentioned two aspects, viz. old light and the geologic column. I have never heard a YEC explain how different ecosystems of animals (biomes) are buried successively, to any level of credibility.

Neither have I ever heard a YEC explain old light, light from distant galaxies which took 13 billion years to reach us, and can only be seen through telescopes like Hubble. Instead they repeat stupid mantras like, "Do you know that a light year is a measure of distance, not time?" - like it still did not take more than 6000 years for light travelling at c to reach us - duh!

Science has no problem explaining the geologic column or old light. The science is incontrovertible.

I believe in OEC and God, with no cognitive dissonance. Teaching children faulty science and faulty theology does them no favours, because like Santa Claus they will eventually come to reject the lies their parents taught them. And they may end up throwing the baby (Jesus) out with the bathwater (YEC).

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never heard a YEC explain how different ecosystems of animals (biomes) are buried successively, to any level of credibility.
To be fair, you've stick your fingers on your ears and yelled LA LA LA when explanations have been provided.

Your description here exposes how little you've listened. There are no "successive layers."

Neither have I ever heard a YEC explain old light, light from distant galaxies which took 13 billion years to reach us, and can only be seen through telescopes like Hubble. Instead they repeat stupid mantras like, "Do you know that a light year is a measure of distance, not time?" - like it still did not take more than 6000 years for light travelling at c to reach us - duh!
The starlight problem is probably the biggest problem YECs face.

Science has no problem explaining the geologic column or old light. The science is incontrovertible.
This is called asserting your theories as facts. It's the fallacy of begging the question, a logical fallacy.

I believe in OEC and God, with no cognitive dissonance. Teaching children faulty science and faulty theology does them no favours, because like Santa Claus they will eventually come to reject the lies their parents taught them. And they may end up throwing the baby (Jesus) out with the bathwater (YEC).
:yawn:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I mentioned two aspects, viz. old light and the geologic column. I have never heard a YEC explain how different ecosystems of animals (biomes) are buried successively, to any level of credibility.

That's because you rejected it without considering it. You miss the forest for the trees, so to speak.

Here it is again:

LIQUEFACTION.

https://youtu.be/lThoaW3EVaE

Here you go:

http://kgov.com/creationist-answer-to-the-starlight-and-time-problem

Science has no problem explaining the geologic column or old light.

There are plenty of problems with billions of years.

See http://kgov.com/evidence-against-the-big-bang.

The science is incontrovertible.

It is FAR from incontrovertible. See my third link in this post.

I believe in OEC and God,

God speaks out against an old universe, by saying He created man at the beginning of Creation.

with no cognitive dissonance.

I can't speak to how you think, but there IS a cognitive dissonance between what the Bible says and what Big Bang supporters say.

Teaching children faulty science and faulty theology does them no favours,

I agree.

because like Santa Claus

Has nothing to do with theology. This is a non-sequitur.

they will eventually come to reject the lies their parents taught them. And they may end up throwing the baby (Jesus) out with the bathwater (YEC).

Pretty sure studies have shown that if you teach Genesis as figurative, or as representing billions of years and not what it says ("six days"), and not literal history, a person is far more likely to reject Christianity later on in life, whereas if you teach Genesis as literal, then a person has a stronger faith...
[MENTION=15431]6days[/MENTION] could probably provide you with the links to the studies.