Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

iouae

Of course I do. That wasn't my argument though. I said that asteroids did exist prior to the Global Flood.

SCW and rock traveling at mach 151 isn't just going to go 90 degrees to the path it's traveling just because you say so.

Yes, exactly. UPWARDS! NOT TO THE SIDE!

If it were traveling directly at the earth, and hit the earth and spread out, yeah, it would be devastating.

The problem is, and I've told you now for the umpteenth time, the water is traveling DIRECTLY UPWARDS!

Traveling..... DIRECTLY UPWARDS!

It has nothing to do with direction when an asteroid strikes earth. It is only a matter of converting its kinetic energy into heat.

I don't care if your water goes straight up, it will immediately convert its kinetic energy to heat the moment it hits atmosphere EXACTLY as if a meteor had hit earth.

Of course this simple scientific fact may be beyond you, and it definitely seems to be beyond Stripe.

It's all about the energy, and that energy is converted to heat the moment it leaves the confinement of earth.

I can forgive you and Stripe, but your hydroplate guy is a hack who pretends to know a bit of science, and aspires to teach, but I have zero respect for anything further he has to say.

And I am just about done with repeating the physics proving him wrong.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I know.

Do you know how a fridge works? Review your thermo. :up:

I know.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

A steam explosion is most assuredly NOT a throttling valve. Given your vast knowledge of thermo, I'm surprised you tried to make such a foolish claim.

I also note that you are COMPLETELY unable to deal with the energy released in a steam explosion. It does not help your position at all to ignore things that are inconvenient for you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It has nothing to do with direction when an asteroid strikes earth. It is only a matter of converting its kinetic energy into heat.

Which would then be "sucked in" by the cooling SCW. Have you never used a can of compressed air before? I have, and every time I do, the bottle gets REALLY cold. Cold enough that the condensation on the outside of the bottle freezes. Think about how much heat energy would have been absorbed by supercritical water expanding.

I don't care if your water goes straight up, it will immediately convert its kinetic energy to heat the moment it hits atmosphere EXACTLY as if a meteor had hit earth.

Again, said heat would be absorbed by the expanding SCW, causing COOLING.

The FotGD were FRIGID, not hot.

Of course this simple scientific fact may be beyond you, and it definitely seems to be beyond Stripe.

Again I ask, have you never used a can of compressed air before?

It's all about the energy, and that energy is converted to heat the moment it leaves the confinement of earth.

I can forgive you and Stripe, but your hydroplate guy is a hack who pretends to know a bit of science, and aspires to teach, but I have zero respect for anything further he has to say.

Sounds like you need to take a leaf out of your own book and learn what to heat in expanding fluids.

And I am just about done with repeating the physics proving him wrong.

I haven't seen anything that you've said that proves him wrong yet, vowels. You've sputtered and you've spit, but you still haven't shown anything that he hasn't already addressed using already established physics and mathematics.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Just for the record, a super critical fluid is any substance at a temperature and pressure above its critical point, where distinct liquid and gas phases do not exist. The critical point for water is 705°F and 3,191psi.

iouae

Which would then be "sucked in" by the cooling SCW. Have you never used a can of compressed air before? I have, and every time I do, the bottle gets REALLY cold. Cold enough that the condensation on the outside of the bottle freezes. Think about how much heat energy would have been absorbed by supercritical water expanding.

Again, said heat would be absorbed by the expanding SCW, causing COOLING.

The FotGD were FRIGID, not hot.

Again I ask, have you never used a can of compressed air before?

Sounds like you need to take a leaf out of your own book and learn what to heat in expanding fluids.

I haven't seen anything that you've said that proves him wrong yet, vowels. You've sputtered and you've spit, but you still haven't shown anything that he hasn't already addressed using already established physics and mathematics.

How much easier it is to take artesian wells spewing out water as seen every day than this ridiculous pseudo-science.

I can't believe I have wasted so much time discussing this non-starter. Please believe what you believe. Error is its own punisher.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How much easier it is to take artesian wells spewing out water as seen every day than this ridiculous pseudo-science.

The only one assuming that it means an every-day artesian well is you, vowels.

I can't believe I have wasted so much time discussing this non-starter. Please believe what you believe. Error is its own punisher.

"Non-starter"

Begging the question doesn't get you anywhere, vowels.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Correction.

You're making an argument from incredulity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just for the record, a super critical fluid is any substance at a temperature and pressure above its critical point, where distinct liquid and gas phases do not exist. The critical point for water is 705°F and 3,191psi.

Yup.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A steam explosion is most assuredly NOT a throttling valve.
It's not a steam explosion exactly because there is a throttling valve.

You really have to read what it is you are determined to reject.

That's if you want any credibility in a conversation.

I also note that you are COMPLETELY unable to deal with the energy released in a steam explosion.
:yawn:

There was no steam explosion.

It does not help your position at all to ignore things that are inconvenient for you.

Which is just like saying you will definitely blow your head off no matter which direction you point the shotgun.

You are stupid beyond belief.

Nope.

The atmosphere will be shoved out of the way. Very little energy will be lost to friction.

Like bowling, the ball's kinetic energy does not heat the pins to dispel all its energy.

Of course this simple scientific fact may be beyond you.

It's all about the energy, and that energy is converted to kinetic energy the moment it leaves confinement.

I can forgive you.
No you can't; I'm not sorry.

Bye. :wave2:

iouae

Like bowling, the ball's kinetic energy does not heat the pins to dispel all its energy.

Of course this simple scientific fact may be beyond you.

Every bit of a bowling ball's kinetic energy ends up in heat of the pins, air, and surface it connects with, so you chose a good analogy. Its does not matter whether you have a strike or miss all the pins, all the energy DOES end up as heat.

But your physics is chimp level, so I don't intend to convince you or JR, but rather, readers who have actually done some science.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
It's not a steam explosion exactly because there is a throttling valve.

You really have to read what it is you are determined to reject.

That's if you want any credibility in a conversation.

:yawn:

There was no steam explosion.

It does not help your position at all to ignore things that are inconvenient for you.
So your contention is that the great fountains were actually a throttling valve capable of taking supper critical water that is hotter tan 705F and under more than 3200 pounds per square inch and reducing that to cold water. I fave a question. A throttling valve capable of controlling super critical water would be quite a robust structure, why are there no traces of such a structure?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every bit of a bowling ball's kinetic energy ends up in heat of the pins, air, and surface it connects with, so you chose a good analogy. Its does not matter whether you have a strike or miss all the pins, all the energy DOES end up as heat.
Way to miss the point.

But your physics is chimp level, so I don't expect to convince you or Cabinethead.

So your contention is that the great fountains were actually a throttling valve capable of taking supper critical water that is hotter tan 705F and under more than 3200 pounds per square inch and reducing that to cold water. I fave a question. A throttling valve capable of controlling super critical water would be quite a robust structure, why are there no traces of such a structure?

:rotfl:

You know nothing about this subject, do you?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But your physics is chimp level, so I don't intend to convince you or JR, but rather, readers who have actually done some science.
Wait.

I thought you were leaving.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you have the brains to criticize this particular topic properly. However, what you say here shows that you haven't read what you are arguing against. It's not a long read, and you can even ask questions to Walt Brown (at least he answered my question directly some time ago when I asked). So give it a go because this is actually more interesting when you know more about it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm gonna ask you the same question I asked vowels.

Have you ever used a spray can of air before, perhaps to clean off your computer?

I have, I use them to keep my PC clean of dust.

And it's amazing how every time I use it, the outside of the can, by the time I'm done, is all frosty, because air, when it expands, cools. Expansion of a substance is an endothermic process. It's why when you put water into a vacuum, boils AND freezes at the same time.

Supercritical water, at 705 degrees F and under more than 3200 psi, will start absorbing heat when all that pressure is suddenly removed, and will continue to do so until it reaches equilibrium.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
It's called granite. It comes in continent-sized chunks.

Okay. Then show us some picture of these granite throttling valves. At least show us what Walt thinks these hypothetical throttling values would look like.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna ask you the same question I asked vowels.

Have you ever used a spray can of air before, perhaps to clean off your computer?

I have, I use them to keep my PC clean of dust.

And it's amazing how every time I use it, the outside of the can, by the time I'm done, is all frosty, because air, when it expands, cools. Expansion of a substance is an endothermic process. It's why when you put water into a vacuum, boils AND freezes at the same time.

Supercritical water, at 705 degrees F and under more than 3200 psi, will start absorbing heat when all that pressure is suddenly removed, and will continue to do so until it reaches equilibrium.

Those little spray cans are not operating at the temperatures that are proposed for the supercritical water in the Earth. The major problem is that the water is roughly 500° above the boiling point of water. When the pressure that is preventing the formation of steam is released then that super heated water WILL flash to steam. Boilers typically operate near these temperatures and pressures. Here is what happens when the pressure is abruptly released.

Boiler_explosion_1850.jpg

118489469523776_9.jpg

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay. Then show us some picture of these granite throttling valves. At least show us what Walt thinks these hypothetical throttling values would look like.
This is the way of the Darwinist: They make multiple errors, but when called on them, they make more demands.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the pressure that is preventing the formation of steam is released then that super heated water WILL flash to steam.

You just got finished describing a way that would not happen.

You'll have a shot at convincing people their ideas are incorrect if you address their ideas.