ECT Isaiah 5-12 as Miniature Bible

Interplanner

This segment gives us a complete picture of the total Biblical message written during the middle of Israel's kingdom. The NIV section titles are:

The Song of the Vineyard, ch 5
Woes and Judgements
Isaiah's Commission, ch 6
The Sign of Immanuel, ch 7
Assyria, the Lord's Instrument, ch 8
Fear God
To Us A Child Is Born, ch 9
The Lord's Anger against Israel
God's Judgement on Assyria, ch 10
The Remnant of Israel, ch 10
The Branch of Jesse, ch 11
Songs of Praise, 12

Ch 5's Vineyard song is recycled by the apostles about Israel in the 1st century. The failure of Israel in the 7th century will repeat in the future. (Some commentators say that this is the zealot attempt to get help from the Arameans and Idumeans against Rome).

Anyone can see that the events of Christ push themselves right into the account of the 1st destruction of Israel. A child would be born as a sign to the nation in both cases, that God was going to do something new even though the nation was being destroyed.

The remnant theme is started for both destructions. There will be a second reclamation of the remnant, 11:11. The first was those who were brought back from exile, but the 2nd will be unlike the first because they will be from all nations, even Gentiles. God's salvation will go to the nations, and one of Israel's tasks will be to make it known among the nations.

All this comes to pass in the NT period, and is the basis for Israel being missionaries to the world, as we find in Acts. The mission to the world is kickstarted at Pentecost because the message about God's forgiveness in Christ will get to many of the nations, even if the carrier doesn't really understand it. And the mission was Paul's 'burden' about Israel, in Romans 9-11, that they would seek to be the 'host of preachers' (host = an army division).

Interplanner

If you make a complete study out of the Is 5-12 especially on the NT uses itmany kingdom of Israel questions will stop, especially with that 2nd remnant passage.

heir

TOL Subscriber
This segment gives us a complete picture of the total Biblical message written during the middle of Israel's kingdom.
:nono:

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Interplanner

'by the gospel' or through it (dia) was the phrase that has all the weight on it. Israel knew the blessings would include the nations, but thought it was through the law. That is was through the Gospel is the thing hidden, not the destination or target people. Passages like Is 5-12 mention the nations too many times, and the kingdom as they knew it was gone by the end of the vision.

Interplanner

That's why the resolution of it all is now through the church; the principalities are astounded at what the church shows as a unity among so many people.

heir

TOL Subscriber
'by the gospel' or through it (dia) was the phrase that has all the weight on it. Israel knew the blessings would include the nations, but thought it was through the law. That is was through the Gospel is the thing hidden, not the destination or target people. Passages like Is 5-12 mention the nations too many times, and the kingdom as they knew it was gone by the end of the vision.
No one knew that Gentiles like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter could be partakers of Christ! You call God a liar when you fight what saith the scripture in Ephesians 3 about it being a mystery. You shouldn't do that.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Israel knew the blessings would include the nations, but thought it was through the law.
Israel only knew of Gentiles who blessed Israel receiving a blessing not cursed Gentiles (Genesis 12:3 KJV)/not Gentiles who had NOTHING to do with them (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) and not through Israel's fall!

According to prophecy, In the kingdom (future), Gentiles will be blessed through Israel's rise:

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
Isaiah 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Zechariah 8:22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

According to mystery, in the Body, in the dispensation of the gospel, salvation came unto the Gentiles through Israel's fall:

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

And even still later after the dispensation of the gospel to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Acts 13:26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV), Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God to all men including Gentiles such as we who as shown in Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV had NOTHING to do with Israel (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). They were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise. The mystery of Ephesians 3 (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) was HID IN GOD!

So much for Isaiah 5-12 giving a complete picture of the total Biblical message! :nono: It doesn't!

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.