Isaiah 12:2 - "God is my Yeshua"

beameup

O sing unto YHWH a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his Right Hand, and his Holy Arm, hath gotten him the victory. YHWH hath made known his salvation [yĕshuw`ah]: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen [Gentiles] - Psalm 98:1-2

chair

Despite decades of Bible study, you have no concept at all of how the Hebrew language works.

beameup

“Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the LORD GOD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.”
- Isaiah 12:2 NASB

chair

“Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the LORD GOD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.”
- Isaiah 12:2 NASB

I am quite familiar with this verse. Part of our prayers, in fact. But what is your point?

beameup

Despite decades of Bible study, you have no concept at all of how the Hebrew language works.

And you have no idea how many reliable translations have been made in the last 500 years...not to mention the plethora of computer tools and online services that are now available. :cool:

beameup

Only in Christianity is the savior a way of "fixing" sin. It doesn't mean that in the Hebrew Bible.

God has a way of accomplishing the seemingly "impossible". Perhaps you "underestimate"? :)

For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells [sojourns] with You.
- Psalm 5:4

chair

You tend to abandon your threads after a while. Is it because you've run out of answers, or are too busy starting tens of new threads?

beameup

Only in Christianity is the savior a way of "fixing" sin. It doesn't mean that in the Hebrew Bible.

Wrong. It doesn't say that in post-70 A.D. Judaism.
Clearly the writers of the Tanakh knew they needed salvation.
However, it became IMPOSSIBLE to obey God's prescribed procedures,
as enumerated in the Torah, as the TEMPLE ceased to exist.

chair

Wrong. It doesn't say that in post-70 A.D. Judaism.
Clearly the writers of the Tanakh knew they needed salvation.
However, it became IMPOSSIBLE to obey God's prescribed procedures,
as enumerated in the Torah, as the TEMPLE ceased to exist.

It does not say that in the Hebrew Bible, outside of Christian interpretation. Salvation is not about sin.

beameup

It does not say that in the Hebrew Bible, outside of Christian interpretation. Salvation is not about sin.

I would differ with you. As early as Job, we have a "sacrifice for sin" in the sacrifice of animals. It could be argued that God covered the nakedness of Adam and Eve with the skins of sacrificed animals.

So, what is the solution to the problem of sinful man as opposed to a sinless God? (assuming that sin even exists in your theology).

chair

I would differ with you. As early as Job, we have a "sacrifice for sin" in the sacrifice of animals. It could be argued that God covered the nakedness of Adam and Eve with the skins of sacrificed animals.

So, what is the solution to the problem of sinful man as opposed to a sinless God? (assuming that sin even exists in your theology).

We are discussing what "Yeshua"- "salvation" means in the Hebrew Bible. Let's stay on topic. If you want to discuss sin, start another thread.

Alaya

James 1:15
Then desire once conceived, it gives birth to sin, and sin when fully grown, gives birth to death.