ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

fzappa13

No!

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

That's not us! We were in time past:

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

There is only one door to the kingdom of God and anyone that tries to go in another way is in for a surprise. Cherrypicking a verse out of Ephesians to argue that Jesus is not for you is a waste of time. Just have the integrity to say He's not your Husband and leave it at that.

You can't say you weren't warned. Indeed, Paul tried to warn you as well and you wouldn't hear him either. You and Musty and Gross et al can sit here playing in your spiritual dirty diapers for as long as it seems profitable to you and look for more company. Fill up your cup. I'm moving on and will leave you to your chosen fate.

ZacharyB

Romans 11:6 KJV
1 Corinthians 13:8-11 KJV
These two facts define me as a Bible believer.
The correct understanding of Scriptural "facts" is critically important.

News Flash ...
Almost all of the rather blind OLD denominations have finally agreed that ...
1 Cor 13:10 refers to the 2nd coming of the Lord Jesus,
and NOT the coming of the Canon of Scripture. Hello!

How many times do I have to explain that ...
Paul wrote Ephesians ONLY to the saints who were being "faithful",
and definitely NOT to the pew-sitters who were habitually sinning.
Ephesians was NOT written to those who were NOT
"(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness" (Romans 6:16)

ZacharyB

Said the kindergartner to the college student.
This is rich. :chuckle:
Just how can a PhD in astronomy have a conversation
about the stars with a 3-year-old? :chuckle:

"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
(slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as slaves of
righteousness for (leading to) holiness." (Romans 6:16-19)

Right Divider

Body part
There is only one door to the kingdom of God and anyone that tries to go in another way is in for a surprise. Cherrypicking a verse out of Ephesians to argue that Jesus is not for you is a waste of time. Just have the integrity to say He's not your Husband and leave it at that.

You can't say you weren't warned. Indeed, Paul tried to warn you as well and you wouldn't hear him either. You and Musty and Gross et al can sit here playing in your spiritual dirty diapers for as long as it seems profitable to you and look for more company. Fill up your cup. I'm moving on and will leave you to your chosen fate.
Good riddance. :luigi:

heir

TOL Subscriber

Don't let the door hit you on the back side! :wave2:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just how can a PhD in astronomy have a conversation
about the stars with a 3-year-old? :chuckle:

"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
(slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as slaves of
righteousness for (leading to) holiness." (Romans 6:16-19)

a Phd in astronomy is like a Phd in gym class or astrology. Whats your sign ? Oh, i have degree in astronomy

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

News Flash ...

and definitely NOT to the pew-sitters who were habitually sinning.
"(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness" (Romans 6:16)

That's right.

It's written to those who would be edified by it.

That is strengthened and comforted. :thumb:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Bye. Don't bother to send a postcard. We'll be seeing you in the funny papers.

heir

TOL Subscriber

News Flash ...
The Lord Jesus Christ is not a "that"!

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

You can go on and on with your lies til the cows come home and it won't make what you say true.
You really should believe the KJB!

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

"(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness" (Romans 6:16)[/B]
Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

And in spite of that:

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Get saved!

Right Divider

Body part

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
It's really funny that he uses the agreement of "Almost all of the rather BLIND OLD denominations" as something to confirm Bible doctrine.

Quite telling really....

News Flash ...

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

You can go on and on with your lies til the cows come home and it won't make what you say true.
You really should believe the KJB!

The that, is our being like him.

We shall see him as he is, for we shall be like him.

So yeah, you might wanna rethink that.

All those Ephesian verses you gave are off the plumb line. :think:

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

What a pastor says is important but we as the Bereans is to Search the Word

and study to see if it is Right.

Now The Time is short and I am concentrating on alot on prayer to Our Father as well.

Last edited:

fzappa13

The that, is our being like him.

We shall see him as he is, for we shall be like him.

So yeah, you might wanna rethink that.

All those Ephesian verses you gave are off the plumb line. :think:

But don't you understand? These little darlings are perfect already. Can't you tell by their fruit? Their resurrection has already come ... their just trying to figure out why the Boss isn't here yet ... no, wait, they think He is ... and He's residing in their heart and that is what is bringing forth all these really edifying threads winning souls to Jesus.

fzappa13

Sorry, I jumped back in this thread because I got repped for my offerings here and responded and forgot that I had butted out.

:e4e:

fzappa13

Is your pastor... October 26th, 2015 01:27 AM Grosnick Marowbe hi

Is your pastor... October 24th, 2015 12:00 AM Grosnick Marowbe hi

Is your pastor... October 22nd, 2015 03:06 AM Grosnick Marowbe hi

Is your pastor... October 21st, 2015 12:12 AM Grosnick Marowbe hi
Is your pastor... October 20th, 2015 03:44 PM Grosnick Marowbe hi

Is your pastor... October 18th, 2015 12:32 PM Grosnick Marowbe hi

Gross, you little cyber sister, put a sock in it.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned

David Gizik said,

"Virtually all commentators are agreed that which is perfect is when we are in the eternal presence of the Perfect One, when we are with the Lord forever either through the return of Christ or graduation to the eternal."

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_1Cr/1Cr_13.cfm?a=1075010
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thayer's Lexicon says about the word 'perfect' in 1 Cor 13:10...

"The perfect state of all things, to be ushered in by the return of Christ from heaven."

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G5046&t=KJV

This verse is talking about the time then the church will be in a state of perfection, complete both in knowledge and holiness. That would be during the millennial reign of Christ. Verse 12 speaks about seeing through a glass darkly because the Corinthians had trouble seeing the time when there would be a glimpse of perfection.

Right Divider

Body part
David Gizik said,

"Virtually all commentators are agreed that which is perfect is when we are in the eternal presence of the Perfect One, when we are with the Lord forever either through the return of Christ or graduation to the eternal."

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_1Cr/1Cr_13.cfm?a=1075010
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thayer's Lexicon says about the word 'perfect' in 1 Cor 13:10...

"The perfect state of all things, to be ushered in by the return of Christ from heaven."

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G5046&t=KJV

This verse is talking about the time then the church will be in a state of perfection, complete both in knowledge and holiness. That would be during the millennial reign of Christ. Verse 12 speaks about seeing through a glass darkly because the Corinthians had trouble seeing the time when there would be a glimpse of perfection.
How could they possibly be wrong?