Is This The End ?

OMEGA

The Berean said,

Do you agree that Scripture specifically states that no one will know the time when Jesus will come?
-----------------------------------------------------------
WRONG AGAIN , it says DAY and HOUR -

Nothing about the YEAR, DECADE, MONTH, SEASON OR CENTURY.

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mr 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
=============================================

Mt 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh

Mt 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Mr 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mr 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
=======================================

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The Berean

OMEGA said:
The Berean said,

Do you agree that Scripture specifically states that no one will know the time when Jesus will come?
-----------------------------------------------------------
WRONG AGAIN , it says DAY and HOUR -

Nothing about the YEAR, DECADE, MONTH, SEASON OR CENTURY.

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mr 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
=============================================

Mt 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh

Mt 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Mr 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mr 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
=======================================

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

OMEGA,

You're logic is flawed. If we cannot know the day, then logically we cannot know the week, month, year, decade, century, or millenium. The point of this Scripture is that Jesus is telling his disciples of his future return.

I'll use a week as an example. Let's say you claim to know theweek of Jesus' return. Then you have reduced the possibilites to seven days, a finite amount of time. In essence you now know when Jesus will return some time within the next seven days. I seriously doubt Jesus was implying that we could know the week but not the day.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
You've been saying that for at least two years. Shouldn't it be "within the next 8 years" by now?

Do you own a home?

Should be about 7 years now, if I remember correctly. :) Hasn't OMEGA specifically said that the year 2012 will be the year of destruction of the earth?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
Should be about 7 years now, if I remember correctly. :) Hasn't OMEGA specifically said that the year 2012 will be the year of destruction of the earth?
You're right! He has also mentioned December 28, 2012 several times. So much for not knowing the day.

Scholastic

BANNED
Banned
i personally think that the end of the earth is coming in the year 2012. Not because of those signs that omega brought up, though. That has always been happening. The prophecy of St. Malachai states there is one pope left after John Paul II. The bible states 7 years of trouble before the end of time. the mayan (or aztec, i forget which one) calendar ends december 2012. John paul died 2005. 2012-2005=7. Ratzinger ( benedict the 16th)is already 78. Plus the prophecy states that rome is to be destroyed directly before Christ comes again. Them muslims extremists are getting really P.O.'ed.

Crow

Turbo said:
You've been saying that for at least two years. Shouldn't it be "within the next 8 years" by now?

Do you own a home?

I already offered him 100 bucks for it and 6 years free rent. Maybe you should raise to $110.

allsmiles

Turbo said:
You're right! He has also mentioned December 28, 2012 several times. So much for not knowing the day.

Interesting, 2012 is when the Mayan calender ends...

I've heard about a global pole shift happening in that year. Possible explanation for the extinction of the dinosaurs. Science has shown that it's happened before I believe, but don't quote me on that.

OMEGA

Berean, I said CIRCA Dec, 28, 2012 AD. which means around the year or date.

All the things that Jesus said have not Fully Happened..

We haven't seen the Capture of Jerusalem or the Abomination of Desolation.

But we are very close to it.

Even if you knew the week. You could not pick the Day or the Hour.

Although God does say that HE will cause the Sun to go down at NOON.

Am 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD,

that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

Isa 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isa 2:21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isa 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Eze 38:20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Hag 2:6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
2012 will come and go like every other doomsday year the soothsayers predicted would see the end of the world.

Don't anybody lose any sleep.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
granite1010 said:
2012 will come and go like every other doomsday year the soothsayers predicted would see the end of the world.

Don't anybody lose any sleep.
Don't forget that the Omega-man and Gerald have a bet on what's going to happen...

A "c" note and a kiss on the cheek go to the winner, IIRC.

docrob57

Zakath said:
Don't forget that the Omega-man and Gerald have a bet on what's going to happen...

A "c" note and a kiss on the cheek go to the winner, IIRC.

I would like part of that action.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
I would like part of that action.
You'll have to talk to Gerald... it's his bet with Omega.

Of course, you'll note I didn't mention which cheeks were involved... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
I will just take the c note. I really don't want any of my cheeks kissed. :vomit:
I told G that he should post photos of the payoff when Omega loses... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
I'm really not sure I want to see that. Thanks. :vomit: again
Well, we figured it might at least a slight disincentive for some of these doomsday prophets to post their drivel here... ;)