Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Aimiel

I dont reject Jesus....never have. I have a wonderful 'christian' background, but am not limited to it, since TRUTH is Universal.
If you didn't reject Jesus, you would stay true to His Word. You don't. You call His Words lies. You aren't limited by anything, since you're steered by a demon.

Aimiel

Actually, you would believe the Bible.
The wages of sin is death, just as the Bible says.
And AFTER death: judgment, just as The Bible says. Those who are goats will be cast into eternal conscious torment, just as The Bible says. Just because you ignore Scripture doesn't mean others choose to. :duh:

Timotheos

And AFTER death: judgment, just as The Bible says. Those who are goats will be cast into eternal conscious torment, just as The Bible says. Just because you ignore Scripture doesn't mean others choose to. :duh:

"Those who are goats will be cast into eternal conscious torment"???
Please give the Chapter and Verse on this one.

It is not "ignoring scripture" to not believe a scripture that you made up. Duh.

doloresistere

You cannot be judged unless you're raised to judgment.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

How are the lost judged, unless they are raised from their death?

Paul said the dead were raised incorruptible.

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

If you look at the context, Paul is talking about Christians. It is the Christians who will be raised incorruptible. He is not talking about the unsaved. Yes, the unsaved are raised for judgement, but the bible says nothing about the unsaved being raised to an incorruptible body that is tortured forever. That is your imagination.

Timotheos

It is foolish for you to try to imply that I am stupid by saying "Duh".
Obviously I am not stupid. I wish I could say that I expect better behavior from people who claim to be Christian, but I've come to expect "Christians" to act as you do. It's sad really. And I'm saying this AS a Christian.

Timotheos

By saying "duh" you are implying that I am stupid.
Translate:
τὰ γὰρ ὀψώνια τῆς ἁμαρτίας θάνατος, τὸ δὲ χάρισμα τοῦ θεοῦ ζωὴ αἰώνιος ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν.

Aimiel

It is foolish for you to try to imply that I am stupid by saying "Duh". Obviously I am not stupid. I wish I could say that I expect better behavior from people who claim to be Christian, but I've come to expect "Christians" to act as you do. It's sad really. And I'm saying this AS a Christian.
You get what you expect, I guess. I expect men to hear Truth and come to know Christ as Lord and Savior. It's a good thing, really. And I'm not implying any such thing as you being 'stupid' or even less intelligent than anyone else. It is a figure of speech. :duh:

Aimiel

If you look at the context, Paul is talking about Christians. It is the Christians who will be raised incorruptible. He is not talking about the unsaved. Yes, the unsaved are raised for judgement, but the bible says nothing about the unsaved being raised to an incorruptible body that is tortured forever. That is your imagination.
So, they will have mortal bodies again, only to be put to death once more? Makes no sense. Why not just leave them dead and not bother with judgment? You're not thinking this through.

Timotheos

I believe that is what happens. You believe what you want. I believe Scripture.

That's just it. What you believe is not found in scripture. So while you claim that you believe scripture, the thing you are believing is not scripture. It's tradition.

Timotheos

So, they will have mortal bodies again, only to be put to death once more? Makes no sense. Why not just leave them dead and not bother with judgment? You're not thinking this through.

You are the one not thinking this through. The Bible says that the wicked will be resurrected, judged, and sent to the second death. If it makes no sense to you, does that make it untrue? And if they were just left dead, how would they be judged? And if they were not judged, why would they be sentenced? You are not thinking this through. The wages of sin is death, the penalty is death, and the sentence is carried out AFTER the judgment on Judgment Day.

doloresistere

You are the one who relishes judgement like an ice cream on a hot summer day. Whether I like it or not, the bible does speak of judgment for the unrighteous. You quoted the verse yourself. It says the dead will be raised to judgement. It is your imagination that figures this judgement is eternal and conscious.

Why not leave them dead you say? Because God requires justice and you cannot apply justice to a dead body. The justice comes in the form of the second death. This is where body and soul are both destroyed. The destruction is final and has no room for eternally felt conscious pain.

doloresistere

You are the one not thinking this through. The Bible says that the wicked will be resurrected, judged, and sent to the second death. If it makes no sense to you, does that make it untrue? And if they were just left dead, how would they be judged? And if they were not judged, why would they be sentenced? You are not thinking this through. The wages of sin is death, the penalty is death, and the sentence is carried out AFTER the judgment on Judgment Day.

You said it better than I did.

Timotheos

You said it better than I did.

I thought you said it very well.

deoloresistere said:
Why not leave them dead you say? Because God requires justice and you cannot apply justice to a dead body. The justice comes in the form of the second death. This is where body and soul are both destroyed. The destruction is final and has no room for eternally felt conscious pain.

Timotheos

Aimiel, I really am trying to help you.