Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is the Gospel Paul preaches, and you hate it. Why? Because YOU don't get to do anything but believe. :rotfl:

Saved by Grace through faith....not of yourselves.

Yep:

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

glorydaz

It doesn't.

But belief that saves isn't belief that Jesus the man was the literal utter fullness of GOD, as physical temporal man.

Or perhaps to you it is. In which case you should be able to explain why GOD sent GOD to be a blood sacrifice to GOD for the sin that was placed in man as potential when they were given freedom and knowingly created with that potential by GOD.

Don't worry; I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I didn't go off topic by responding to someone.
That's called misrepresenting the truth; something you are exceptionally proficient at.

Asking please also is not demanding.

More manipulated truth by the seniorpro

Unfortunately for you and your misplaced "indignation", we have little blue arrows we can follow right back to the proof that you most certainly did do exactly what you deny doing. You not only went off topic, but you continued off topic in an attempt to argue about the nature of God.

God's Truth

Yep:

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Look closer and you will see that the works Paul is speaking of for Abraham was CIRCUMCISION.

Romans 4:11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

glorydaz

Paul doesn't tell anyone that they are to believe and do nothing else.

Paul was speaking about having faith that Jesus blood cleans us instead of the blood of goats and lambs, and circumcision, etc.

Paul was addressing people who didn't even know about the blood of bulls and goats. Stop that incredibly stupid claim of yours. You've been giving the same nonsense for years and you have never been right. :down:

glorydaz

Yep:

Yep, and that was when Abraham had not even been circumcised.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Look closer and you will see that the works Paul is speaking of for Abraham was CIRCUMCISION.

Romans 4:11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

You're still trying to make GOD owe you salvation, I see.

glorydaz

You can quote but you can't read? Why is that no surprise?

God's Truth

Paul was addressing people who didn't even know about the blood of bulls and goats. Stop that incredibly stupid claim of yours. You've been giving the same nonsense for years and you have never been right. :down:

You are ridiculous. The Gentiles knew what the Jews did. hahahaha

God's Truth

You can quote but you can't read? Why is that no surprise?

How many times does Paul have to say the work of circumcision before you hear it? Paul never ever said was it before or after Abraham obeyed what God said. Paul says before or after circumcision.

God's Truth

Yep, still wants the glory of saying, "I did it my way".

Singing:

"Jesus paid a lot,
some to him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain,
we washed it white as snow."

Who can be so blind? I do it Jesus' Way.

He is the Way and tells us what to do.

I do what he says.