Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
By his actions, Jehovah says that if your wife does not do what she is suppose to do then the husband can beat her. Beating is an act of violence no different than forcible rape.

There you go anna. You asked for it.

HisServant

No, it would not be wrong, it would be impossible.
Without the consummation of the marriage, the two people are not married.

No.. Marriage in the Old Testament was always about a contract between two families... whereas the individuals desires were of little concern unless the families were compassionate about it.

So are you saying that people born with birth defects or maimed in an accident or have a chemical imbalance which prevents intercourse can never be married in God's eyes?

Love comes in many forms, and I am thankful to God every day that he has brought my wife into my life... I love her and appreciate her in so many ways and she builds me up and I build her up and it gets better each and every year.... and sex stopped being a part of it around 4 years ago due to medical issues... and our marriage has actually gotten better because of it. I would give my life for her, just a Jesus gave his for his church... in a heartbeat.

You people and your perverted view of sex should be taken out behind the woodshed and given a good beating.

bybee

maybe cowardly little anna can answer my question over here:

i dare you to answer my question

unless you're a coward

why would it be her will to withhold sex from her husband?

It would have to do with the way he treats her. I suggest that if it is okay to rape your spouse, which is an assault, then it is also okay to beat your spouse if she doesn't do things your way?
If you need to rape your spouse to have sex with her what does that say about the kind of man you are?

Quetzal

It would have to do with the way he treats her. I suggest that if it is okay to rape your spouse, which is an assault, then it is also okay to beat your spouse if she doesn't do things your way?
If you need to rape your spouse to have sex with her what does that say about the kind of man you are?
Great post! :first:

CherubRam

For those 'Christian' men wanting their cake and eating it too... denying there is such a thing as marital rape based on your view of scripture puts you in in the yes category.

Having marital rape become a law would mean that millions of men would end up in prison. Women would be able to use it as a tool to abuse their husbands. Is that what you would like to happen?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
By his actions, Jehovah says that if your wife does not do what she is suppose to do then the husband can beat her. Beating is an act of violence no different than forcible rape.

There you go anna. You asked for it.

Do you say that often?

HisServant

Having marital rape become a law would mean that millions of men would end up in prison. Women would be able to use it as a tool to abuse their husbands. Is that what you would have happen?

They already have in some instances.... it is perfectly valid for a woman to call the police and accuse her husband of rape.

CherubRam

Husbands and wives are obligated to each other, however, there is such a thing as spousal abuse.
Having marital rape become a law would mean that millions of men would end up in prison. Women would be able to use it as a tool to abuse their husbands. Is that what you would like to have happen?

genuineoriginal

No.. Marriage in the Old Testament was always about a contract between two families... whereas the individuals desires were of little concern unless the families were compassionate about it.
You are referring to the formalization of marriage.
I already addressed that.

So are you saying that people born with birth defects or maimed in an accident or have a chemical imbalance which prevents intercourse can never be married in God's eyes?
Unfortunately for them, that is the case.

Love comes in many forms
Try agápē instead of érōs.

, and I am thankful to God every day that he has brought my wife into my life... I love her and appreciate her in so many ways and she builds me up and I build her up and it gets better each and every year.... and sex stopped being a part of it around 4 years ago due to medical issues... and our marriage has actually gotten better because of it. I would give my life for her, just a Jesus gave his for his church... in a heartbeat.
I have a similar story that even includes the medical issues.

You people and your perverted view of sex should be taken out behind the woodshed and given a good beating.
You are the one supporting the perverted view of sex espoused by the feminists.

HisServant

You are referring to the formalization of marriage.
I already addressed that.

Unfortunately for them, that is the case.

Try agápē instead of érōs.

I have a similar story that even includes the medical issues.

You are the one supporting the perverted view of sex espoused by the feminists.

Given that there is no male or female, no Greek or Jew in Christ's church... we are all equal. Marriage within the church creates a 50/50 partnership.

It would be you that are arguing against scripture.

genuineoriginal

Given that there is no male or female, no Greek or Jew in Christ's church... we are all equal. Marriage within the church creates a 50/50 partnership.

It would be you that are arguing against scripture.
The Bible never claims that a marriage is a 50/50 partnership.
Marriage as a 50/50 partnership is a feminist lie.

The Bible does claim this:

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.​

HisServant

The Bible never claims that a marriage is a 50/50 partnership.
Marriage as a 50/50 partnership is a feminist lie.

The Bible does claim this:

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.​

Under our laws, marriage is 50/50...

Marriage in scripture has always been regulated by CIVIL LAW (not by religious law)... so marriage in America is defined by its laws.

This has NOTHING to do with feminism.

CherubRam

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Husbands and wives are obligated to each other, however, there is such a thing as spousal abuse.

Having marital rape become a law would mean that millions of men would end up in prison. Women would be able to use it as a tool to abuse their husbands. Is that what you would like to have happen?

genuineoriginal

Status
Not open for further replies.