Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

You are wrong. Only an insane person would be so gratified by an unwilling partner, such notions evoke the twisted prurient act of a necrophiliac.
Sorry to hear about it, and that was about power too.

I cannot imagine it for me, but I can see a guy being frustrated enough that he doesn't care if there is a response. At that point he is merely enjoying the meat he is ravishing. Most rape victims are beautiful women. If sexual desire was not the motivator, then it is a most odd coincidence they rape only beautiful women.

Sorry about what? The fact that you singled me out the other day? Yes, you wanted to display your power over me because I tipped over your feminist cornflakes so to speak. I'm guessing the fact that I did not simply accept your unfair lecture was a projection of power in your eyes. Yes, anytime a man does not bend over and bend his will to a woman's superior will, is an act of power in a feminists eyes. Feminists want power over men, and when it is not granted, the man is accused of grabbing power. Power never enters the mind of most men, it is an obsession with feminists.

ClimateSanity

Also, there is a very common act among men and women that doesn't require a partner. There is sexual gratification there without the need for a response from a partner.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
that's the way it's acceptably viewed by psychologists and sociologists

but it seems to me to be an awful difficult way to assert power over somebody when you could just whack them over the head with a baseball bat and be done with it

Whacking someone with a baseball bat would do harm without the humiliation. It is the humiliation aspect of forced sexual intrusion, which attempts to diminish a woman's value as a human being.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Whacking someone with a baseball bat would do harm without the humiliation. It is the humiliation aspect of forced sexual intrusion, which attempts to diminish a woman's value as a human being.

yes, i've encountered this before, and i disagree with the bolded

it implies that a woman's primary worth as a human being can be found in her sexuality

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I cannot imagine it for me, but I can see a guy being frustrated enough that he doesn't care if there is a response. At that point he is merely enjoying the meat he is ravishing. Most rape victims are beautiful women. If sexual desire was not the motivator, then it is a most odd coincidence they rape only beautiful women.

You are a moron. The same jealously found among women who envy beautiful women is also found in men who are unable to attract such women. Humiliation is a sick destructive way to cope with one's inadequacy

Sorry about what? The fact that you singled me out the other day? Yes, you wanted to display your power over me because I tipped over your feminist cornflakes so to speak. I'm guessing the fact that I did not simply accept your unfair lecture was a projection of power in your eyes. Yes, anytime a man does not bend over and bend his will to a woman's superior will, is an act of power in a feminists eyes. Feminists want power over men, and when it is not granted, the man is accused of grabbing power. Power never enters the mind of most men, it is an obsession with feminists.
You apparently have a problem with women.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
yes, i've encountered this before, and i disagree with the bolded

it implies that a woman's primary worth as a human being can be found in her sexuality

Not at all, such that a woman does not see her worth in terms of her sexuality, yet some man do. You prove my case.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The 'rape is about power' thing is basically a lie. Rape can a lot of times be in part about power, but the prime factor is ultimately sexual frustration.

They want to make it about power as to dumb it all down to 'evil man tyranny'.

You are another clueless idiot.

ok doser

Not at all, such that a woman does not see her worth in terms of her sexuality, yet some man do. You prove my case.

i agree that the rapist's view of the woman is that her primary worth is her sexuality

but in defining rape as primariily an issue of power, you are supporting that view

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

THAT is exactly what all rape (marital rape included) is about. Power and humiliation towards the victim.

csuguy

While a husband and wife shouldn't withhold from one another; that is not the same as saying that one should be allowed to force themselves on the other. The command is about giving yourself, not about taking someone. Some people have trouble separating cause/effect, and intent/result when they read the scriptures.

ok doser

THAT is exactly what all rape (marital rape included is about. Power and humiliation towards the victim.

where is the "power and humiliation" dynamic in the following?

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

i don't see "power and humiliation" on the part of the "rapist" - i see sexual desire

bybee

i agree that the rapist's view of the woman is that her primary worth is her sexuality

but in defining rape as primariily an issue of power, you are supporting that view

A rapist is a person who is willing to use violence against another, person, animal or object to achieve his own ends.
It is typical sociopathic behavior.
As disgusting as it is to even be exposed to the knowledge of necrophilia one wonder's how much sexuality there can be in a dead body?

ClimateSanity

You are a moron. The same jealously found among women who envy beautiful women is also found in men who are unable to attract such women. Humiliation is a sick destructive way to cope with one's inadequacy

You apparently have a problem with women.

I have a problem with women who hate men who don't bend to their will. I don't take kindly to condescending lectures from anyone, man or women. You are projecting my issue with you and other similar women who have been brainwashed by the feminist movement into how I feel about all women. This is sheer arrogance on your part. You assume all women have bought into the crap you swallowed in whole. Femimism is a lie. You are too intelligent to have bought into it but pride overwhelmed your intelligence.

ok doser

A rapist is a person who is willing to use violence ...

no bybee

violence has been removed from the definition

according to the US Department of Justice, the new definition changes "forcibly and against her will" to "without the consent of the victim"

by the new definition, the following non-violent case qualifies as rape:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You are another clueless idiot.

'Clueless idiot'- anyone who does not believe the same as ktoyou.

Is this where you tell a man what motivates men to rape while supposing that a man can't know what happens with women?

The old 'men cannot figure out women' but women purport to know everything about men- that delusion of male hostages to feminists?

Sorry, but you are a blithering tool if you think that's supposed to give you some pass on calling people idiots.

ClimateSanity

How can a man be jealous of a woman's body? We are jealous of other men....not women. See? You bought into a load of feminist crap. You think a rapist is punishing a woman for being beautiful? Not only is this mind reading; it is sheer stupidity. You are truly a moron for believing such hog wash.

ClimateSanity

'Clueless idiot'- anyone who does not believe the same as ktoyou.

Is this where you tell a man what motivates men to rape while supposing that a man can't know what happens with women?

The old 'men cannot figure out women' but women purport to know everything about men- that delusion of male hostages to feminists?

Sorry, but you are a blithering tool to be espousing that nonsense.

A blithering tool and a fool. Its the height of arrogance to lecture us about what we supposedly feel or think and then have the temerity to declare we know nothing about women. They should stop projecting their fantasies onto men and start looking at objective facts and hearing the actual words of men instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.