Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's about what a spouse inflicts on the other, and takes without the other's consent.

Let's say that the wife has taken the kids to the zoo while the husband was working. She walks miles and miles and is just exhausted. After the kids are in bed the husband initiates sex and she says 'no' that she's just too tired and really not in the mood. He forces himself upon her anyway and forces her to have sex with him despite her objection.

Let's say the wife has the flu and it lasts for a week or more. The last thing on her mind is sex as she just feels horrible. But, the husband is in the mood and after she says 'no' he forces her to have sex with him anyway.

How is this not rape, who is in the wrong and why? :popcorn:

considering anna's claim above, in the scenarios you posit, WoO, what has been taken?

ok doser

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

A lot of them men here have been rolling out this verse to prove that a woman must submit to his demands for sex. Typically, they only look at the first half of the verse. The second half of the verse says that a woman has the same authority over her husbands body as he has over hers. A wife has the authority to tell her husband "not tonight dear" and he must honor that.

Interesting situation, two people each with equal authority over each other's bodies. What was God thinking? Its almost as if God set it up so that husband and wife can't use legalism to manipulate each other. It looks like God set things up so that husbands and wives need to honor each other by respecting each other. God is truly wise!

CM proves that "marital rape" is a nonsensical concept in a Christian marriage

thank you! :thumb:

bybee

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

A lot of them men here have been rolling out this verse to prove that a woman must submit to his demands for sex. Typically, they only look at the first half of the verse. The second half of the verse says that a woman has the same authority over her husbands body as he has over hers. A wife has the authority to tell her husband "not tonight dear" and he must honor that.

Interesting situation, two people each with equal authority over each other's bodies. What was God thinking? Its almost as if God set it up so that husband and wife can't use legalism to manipulate each other. It looks like God set things up so that husbands and wives need to honor each other by respecting each other. God is truly wise!

Amen Brother! Let love be the basis of our words and our deeds.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
CM proves that "marital rape" is a nonsensical concept in a Christian marriage

thank you! :thumb:

No, I did not prove that at all. If the wife says no and the husband forces sexual relations with her by slapping her and threatening her, he has raped her. Even if he didn't use physical force to force sex with her he has not honored his wife or God by doing so.

bybee

No, I did not prove that at all. If the wife says no and the husband forces sexual relations with her by slapping her and threatening her, he has raped her. Even if he didn't use physical force to force sex with her he has not honored his wife or God by doing so.

That behavior isn't loving, it is lusting! Lust may be a part of marital love making so long as it is mutual.

ok doser

No, I did not prove that at all. If the wife says no and the husband forces sexual relations with her by slapping her and threatening her, he has raped her.

you didn't say anything about threatening her or slapping her :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Well she didn't honor her husband, so I guess that's just a big fat checkmate isn't it?
I suppose men would divorce such women if it meant that he wouldn't be raped in doing so.

This is all just another door to female superiority. If a woman cannot rape her husband, then neither can a husband rape the wife. And be real, nobody would see it as serious if the wife coerced the man into sex. You wouldn't be talking about prison for the woman who coerces her husband.

Why don't you snap out of your Stockholm's syndrome. Men have zero control of marriage and women have caused you to make the Bible look like it wasn't written by patriarchs. And that is sad. Sad for many men.
When women trump God :rotfl:

ok doser

the bottom line is this

there is no such thing as "marital rape" in a Christian marriage

and i don't give a crap about all those other perversions of marriage

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Watch out, they are coming for ya.:chuckle:

They'll have to wait until I finish my coffee. :chuckle:

You know, this thread has really been illuminating. And clarified some things, too. I'm totally at peace with watching a few of them twist themselves into knots defending the indefensible, and I'm very appreciative of the good men who are out there, some who've posted in this thread and some who haven't.

After I had my coffee I went back to sleep. Looks like I didn't miss much. :)

ok doser

now that you're awake, maybe you'd like to take a crack at this?

... takes without the other's consent.

in the case of a non-violent marital "rape", what has been taken?

what was taken from the Swarthmore student in the following case of "rape"?

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
After I had my coffee I went back to sleep. Looks like I didn't miss much. :)

Nobody cares about you starting a fire and watching it burn with nothing meaningful to say except making lists of people who agree with you vs those who do not. You are literally just showing that you enjoy trying to string other people up and have them be bashed, as that is what this thread is.

But, watch me be banned for something dumb. I seriously feel an 'in crowd' scenario on this site, which wouldn't surprise me in the single most least thing in the universe at this point.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Let's say that the wife has taken the kids to the zoo while the husband was working. She walks miles and miles and is just exhausted. After the kids are in bed the husband initiates sex and she says 'no' that she's just too tired and really not in the mood. He forces himself upon her anyway and forces her to have sex with him despite her objection.

Let's say the wife has the flu and it lasts for a week or more. The last thing on her mind is sex as she just feels horrible. But, the husband is in the mood and after she says 'no' he forces her to have sex with him anyway.

Good questions. Thank you, I appreciate your input. Too bad you didn't get a cogent, non-hysterical answer from Vlad, even though he has a couple helpers whispering directions.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Cool story.

How about if the wife divorces him and he ends up under the bridge because his wife took his money and house?

I guess that's just tough, right? Why is that never brought up?

#Stockholm's syndrome

'Rape' is to 'seize'. It is not subject simply to the illustrious, idolatrous female body you all can't take your focus from. Women rape all the time. They seize their marriage by refusing sex and demanding whatever they want.
But keep going with your argument, and ignoring the point I've been making up and down this and other thread for days now that nobody wants to properly acknowledge.

Last edited:

ok doser

Let's say that the wife has taken the kids to the zoo while the husband was working.

good wife, good mother

good husband, good provider

:noid: unless she was planning to feed the kids to the lions

in which case .... bad mother!

She walks miles and miles and is just exhausted.

:freak:

she couldn't drive there?

take the bus?

After the kids are in bed

did they walk miles and miles too, or was she carrying them?

the husband initiates sex

does he announce it in a robot voice?

"sex mode initiated"???

and she says 'no'

who told her it was ok to say no?

that she's just too tired and really not in the mood.

she should just lie back and think of england

Status
Not open for further replies.