Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In point of fact? I have no idea. "Who am I to judge?"

Then why did you say it?

But I do know this:

1. A spouse OWES it to his or her spouse to agree to sexual relations when reasonable request is made. It is a grave act of injustice to say "no" unless you have darned good reasons for doing so. All grave acts of injustice are mortal sins. They deserve Hell.

A corollary to this: a spouse does not belong to him or herself alone; he or she belongs to his or her spouse. Each spouse has a right over the other. The spouse, in saying "no," refuses to the other what properly belongs to that spouse.

2. God has given us marriage, at least in part, as a check against the concupiscence of the flesh. The wife should consider it a grave obligation of charity to preserve her husband from any serious moral danger. Saying "no" puts his soul in danger of many serious temptations against chastity, offenses of which merit Hell. All serious offenses against charity are mortal sins.

This isn't about what a spouse owes. It's about what a spouse inflicts on the other, and takes without the other's consent.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Scorecard so far:

Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Yes:
genuineoriginal
Crucible
sod

No:
Bright Raven
Bradley D
Arsenios
kmoney
badp
RBBI
dialm
HisServant
chrysostom
CabinetMaker
GuySmiley

If I left anyone off the list, let me know.

No it's not, since my OP was made to ask a question of other Christian men. I'm accomplishing my objective. You're just being a troll, as usual.

You're point was to act like a teenage girl, who couldn't get her way and so went and got other people to support her behalf.

Yes, you accomplished that stereotype remarkably well. Calling someone else a troll at this point is just something to laugh at, honestly.

The real irony is that the people you've named have provided scriptural evidence, and nobody can really tackle such because it's just the plain reality of the Bible. All I see are people being dishonest with scripture to uphold YOU, who can't defend herself.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You're point was to act like a teenage girl, who couldn't get her way and so went and got other people to support her behalf.

Yes, you accomplished that stereotype remarkably well. Calling someone else a troll at this point is just something to laugh at, honestly.

Have you no self control?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
anna's post passed through an honesty filter:

No it's not, since my OP was made to attack a couple of people who said something i didn't like

Exactly! It's the only reason I'm annoyed at this thread. Otherwise this would be just like any of the other several threads currently blowing up the forums right now.

It's just a female being sheisty, is all. You know it when you see it :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
buythecowbeforemilk.jpg

Does this about sum things up?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by Crucible
'Marital rape' is a sin due to the sin of the wife. It's the only real conclusion one can come to as far as the Scriptures teach, because by the old standard 'marital rape' is virtually impossible if the woman is submitting to the marriage.

This is in part why female autonomy conflicts with the Christian religion.
You seem afraid to say 'submitting to the man'. You have to whitewash it with 'submitting to the marriage'. It's clear that you are double-speaking. And you say 'in part' conflicts with the Christian religion because you haven't got the guts to say what you really mean, which is that in your view female autonomy conflicts completely with the Christian religion.

Originally Posted by ok doser
maybe cowardly little anna can answer my question over here:
i dare you to answer my question

unless you're a coward

why would it be her will to withhold sex from her husband?

If a woman is witholding sex from her husband permanently or semi-permanently, it is because the marriage has broken down or is breaking down. In which case the husband has no right to expect sex from her anyway. If the marriage hasn't broken down, then the husband doesn't have the right to force himself upon her anyway because marital love doesn't do that. So either way, the above two posters are twisted in their attitude to women. And as for calling Anna a coward, you who expect women to obey your every desire for no other reason than you are the man and she is the woman, are the one who is being a coward because you can't get your own way except by force. For goodness sake, if you had any shred of love and honour in your marriage, your wife would not be refusing to have sex with you. And even if she is, there is a reason for it that needs sorting out and your first duty is to listen, not to treat her like an animal.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You seem afraid to say 'submitting to the man'. You have to whitewash it with 'submitting to the marriage'.

If a woman is witholding sex from her husband permanently or semi-permanently, it is because the marriage has broken down or is breaking down. In which case the husband has no right to expect sex from her anyway. If the marriage hasn't broken down, then the husband doesn't have the right to force himself upon her anyway because marital love doesn't do that. So either way, the above two posters are twisted in their attitude to women. And as for calling Anna a coward, you who expect women to obey your every desire for no other reason than you are the man and she is the woman, are the one who is being a coward because you can't get your own way except by force. For goodness sake, if you had any shred of love and honour in your marriage, your wife would not be refusing to have sex with you. And even if she is, there is a reason for it that needs sorting out and your first duty is to listen, not to treat her like an animal.

Thank you, Desert Reign. You said that so perfectly.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
We are discussing rape, not consensual sex. And yes, if a woman changes her mind and says "STOP", that means stop. You will get over it. The ego will recover.

the question was: should he go to prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.