Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

SaulToPaul 2

I think you might believe this leading to even parts of Paul's letters not being fully Pauline/uncirc.?! This strains credulity.

Is there anyone in the Bible who's circumcision was made uncircumcision through unbelief? Therefore, could there not be Jews and Gentiles in the uncircumcision?

Is there anyone in the Bible who was of the uncircumcision who became the circumcision? Therefore, could there not be Jews and Gentiles in the circumcision?

If both of these are possible, how does that affect your demarcation of ministry view?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"Equally capable, godly scholars through the centuries have agreed with me (Acts 2) and never considered your lunatic fringe view (MAD).

MAD is a non-starter".

How did I do filling in for you, rulz?

ok. they have agreed with YOU. btw, a previous phrase is actually - "in no short order" - (i think). are Pentecostals "madists" ? or considered "paulists" ? if so, who doesn't like it ? - :)

SaulToPaul 2

Is there anyone in the Bible who's circumcision was made uncircumcision through unbelief? Therefore, could there not be Jews and Gentiles in the uncircumcision?

Is there anyone in the Bible who was of the uncircumcision who became the circumcision? Therefore, could there not be Jews and Gentiles in the circumcision?

If both of these are possible, how does that affect your demarcation of ministry view?

bump for rulz

heir

TOL Subscriber
After the cross, there is neither Jew/Gentile, but all are one in Christ through faith in His person and work.
Paul preached neither Jew nor Greek, bond nor free, male nor female, in Christ Jesus and that would be we in the Body of Christ!

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

That's not what Peter believed

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Peter knows that Israel is a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation,...

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Peter is not in the Body of Christ!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Paul preached neither Jew nor Greek, bond nor free, male nor female, in Christ Jesus and that would be we in the Body of Christ!

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Peter knows that Israel is a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation,...

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Peter had wrong ideas, but you are saying he was preaching truth at the time. He was hypocritical at times, in transition in understanding, wrong and rebuked, right, etc.

The NT writers apply things about Israel to the Church as a fulfillment of type vs reality. Paul also did this and it is not replacement error.

I am 100% sure that Peter, Paul, James, John were on the same page post-cross. You are just proof texting, not exegeting the big picture.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Brilliant, as always!!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ death is not said to be "good news" in Acts 1-5. It is make to be a murder accusation.
Act 2:22-23 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (23) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
That's not a proclamation of GOSPEL (good news).
</cut>
<cut> Act 2:36-37 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (37) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?</cut>
<cut></cut>​
Do you think that is was the GOSPEL (good news) that they had crucified the Lord that "pricked their hearts"?

You have a bogus "interpretation" of the book of Acts.

So true!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yep! It was presented as a murder indictment, but that God had raised Him up! Peter didn't glory in the cross! He did not preach the WHY of the cross, but a murder and a shame! And why Christ was raised from the dead according to Peter differs from Paul too, but shown over and over from the scriptures rulz rejects the evidence in favor of his allegiance to pentecostalism/denominationalism.

Amen!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You cannot be Pentecostal if your aren't Acts 2, and you can't be Acts 2 if Peter wasn't preaching to you. :)

Rulz is bound and determined to remain Acts 2, at all costs.

If someone could logically, from the scriptures (meaning exactly what they say), prove to me I am mistaken, I would abandon MAD in short order.

I once worked with someone who belonged to,
"The Church of Christ!" They had certain
requirements; the following are a few;

1) Water baptism was a necessity!
2) Their belief system was based on "Acts 2:38"
3) Women could not wear pants. Only dresses.
4) Their church had to have as its title; "The
Church of Christ" or it wasn't truly, the real
church!

This was in the 1970s. I worked with her, and
the place we were employed at, required
everyone to wear pants! She had to go to
her "church" and get their permission, before
she was allowed to wear the "required" apparel!

It was a very "strict" church, at least back then?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Legalistic groups like COC, UPCI, etc. need sound exegesis and theology, not adoption of a flawed MAD paradigm.

Right Divider

Body part
Peter had wrong ideas, but you are saying he was preaching truth at the time. He was hypocritical at times, in transition in understanding, wrong and rebuked, right, etc.

The NT writers apply things about Israel to the Church as a fulfillment of type vs reality. Paul also did this and it is not replacement error.

I am 100% sure that Peter, Paul, James, John were on the same page post-cross. You are just proof texting, not exegeting the big picture.
This is such an easy out for you. If what Peter said does not agree with your doctrine, he was confused. It it does, then you're all set too. Either way you get to be right, right? Wrong!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This is such an easy out for you. If what Peter said does not agree with your doctrine, he was confused. It it does, then you're all set too. Either way you get to be right, right? Wrong!

The context tells us when Peter gets it wrong. God, Paul, etc. correct him! Otherwise, reading his letters are complementary vs contradictory to Paul, John, etc.

Right Divider

Body part
The context tells us when Peter gets it wrong. God, Paul, etc. correct him! Otherwise, reading his letters are complementary vs contradictory to Paul, John, etc.
This is just another of the straw-men arguments that anti-MADers use. We do NOT believe that the ministries (including the writings) of the 12 and the 1 are contradictory in the sense that they are 180 degrees with each other, but that they DIFFER. People like you see similarities and claim that they are identical and then ignore all differences.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This is just another of the straw-men arguments that anti-MADers use. We do NOT believe that the ministries (including the writings) of the 12 and the 1 are contradictory in the sense that they are 180 degrees with each other, but that they DIFFER. People like you see similarities and claim that they are identical and then ignore all differences.

Complement, not compete. Those who deny this are out of step with the best, brightest, dumbest Christians through the centuries.