Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Paul was not the first to receive the gospel nor the only. He had a significant, pivotal role in the expansion of the gospel, but Jesus, not Paul, is the focal point (Eph. 3:5).

heir

TOL Subscriber
KJVO is nonsense.
Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalms 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

You poor thing. You have no pure words of the Lord to rely on. You don't have all scripture.

Claiming KJV alone is Word of God alone is the logical fallacy of begging the question contradicted by evidence.
says the man who doesn't have a Bible, but a corrupted word of God
This is arrogance, not rightly dividing the Word or upholding it.
It's not "rightly dividing the Word" (why did you capitalize word?). It's rightly dividing the word of truth. You don't even know what the word of truth is, do you?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

godrulz

Hall of Fame
These verses are proof texted out of context by Riplinger, Ruckman, etc. (acerbic mouthpieces who have been exposed and refuted) and have nothing to do with a supposed perfect KJV. You do not even use 1611, but likely use 1769. No one who knows about textual criticism, translation theory, etc. falls for KJVO. The conspiracy theories are ridiculous and evidence is selectively ignored. Again, the preface to KJV by the translators explicitly denies the possibility of the KJVO position. They should know better than you modern guys who spun a unique, divisive, confusing theory relatively recently.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul was not the first to receive the gospel nor the only.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You read, study and regurgitate what your commentaries say the Bible says.

This is an accusation that you guys have made for years without basis. I have commentaries collecting dust that I rarely use. You also read MAD authors, links, posts, etc., so your views did not happen in a vacuum. I disagree with many commentaries who are often anti-Open Theist, anti-Pentecostal, anti-Moral Government Theology (my views) by default.

I can think critically. You would not be able to accurately use KJV without Oxford Dictionary (yet disdain Greek lexicons?!), would not understand first century customs, coins, references, etc. without aids, etc.

Again, anti-intellectualism is why fads, cults, sects, false teachings thrive.

Are you proud of that?

heir

TOL Subscriber
These verses are proof texted out of context by Riplinger, Ruckman, etc. (acerbic mouthpieces who have been exposed and refuted) and have nothing to do with a supposed perfect KJV. You do not even use 1611, but likely use 1769. No one who knows about textual criticism, translation theory, etc. falls for KJVO. The conspiracy theories are ridiculous and evidence is selectively ignored. Again, the preface to KJV by the translators explicitly denies the possibility of the KJVO position. They should know better than you modern guys who spun a unique, divisive, confusing theory relatively recently.
:blabla:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

None of these verses exegeted in context have anything to do with MAD. Proof texting is the pitfall of cults and false teachings, not biblical, balanced views.

heir

TOL Subscriber
None of these verses exegeted in context have anything to do with MAD. Proof texting is the pitfall of cults and false teachings, not biblical, balanced views.
Why does Paul call it my gospel?

Why does Paul write that it was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest...?

If something was "kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest..." was it known before that? A yes or no answer will suffice.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul was not the first to receive the gospel nor the only.
1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I can think critically. You would not be able to accurately use KJV without Oxford Dictionary (yet disdain Greek lexicons?!), would not understand first century customs, coins, references, etc. without aids, etc.
That's odd. I have no problem believing the words on the page

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Why does Paul call it my gospel?

Why does Paul write that it was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest...?

If something was "kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest..." was it known before that? A yes or no answer will suffice.

I also call it my gospel.

The mystery of Jew/Gentile being one in Christ was not prophesied, but hidden, in the OT (compared to first and second coming of Christ).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

This is the problem with KJVO. Check the Greek and other translations. Paul is using hyperbole, the chief/worst of sinners to show the great grace of God. It is not what MAD says it is.