Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

SaulToPaul 2

No, I'm not. I have no problem with God's foreknowledge. The "body of the sins of the flesh" were most certainly there!

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Indeed, Sister.
The Lord didn't have any sins of the flesh, so someone else's must have been imputed to him, and cut off from his soul and spirit (circumcision of Christ).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Here's a question for ya, Willie: If a Christian commits suicide what happens to their soul? Are they forgiven and allowed into Heaven?

I believe Rick Warren's son is likely in heaven post-suicide.

One does not have to be OSAS to affirm this. One just as to recognize that suicide is not the unpardonable sin (some Catholics think it is).

Unbelief is the antithesis of saving faith, not suicide.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
No, I'm not. I have no problem with God's foreknowledge. The "body of the sins of the flesh" were most certainly there!

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

This is not talking about godrulz and heir in actuality in the 21st century, but the truths/principles do apply to us now.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Indeed, Sister.
The Lord didn't have any sins of the flesh, so someone else's must have been imputed to him, and cut off from his soul and spirit (circumcision of Christ).

Jesus was always the sinless Lamb of God. Your views of imputation are flawed. Jesus identifies with sinners, but remains sinless, a condition of providing the sacrifice.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Indeed, Sister.

Amazing and wrong twisting of truth!

The verses that speak of the "circumcision of Christ," have nothing to do with Christ being imputed with sin or literally circumcised. Rather:

Jesus Christ "circumcises" the hearts of His redeemed people (Romans 2:29), through the gift of faith in His Person via His powers of pardon, reconciliation, and justification. All accomplished on the cross.

Such is "the circumcision of Christ": Romans 15:8, Galatians 5:6, 6:15; Philippians 3:3; Colossians 2:11, 3:11

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is not talking about godrulz and heir in actuality in the 21st century, but the truths/principles do apply to us now.
Whose sins were the "body of the sins of the flesh" (Colossians 2:11 KJV) if not the world's (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV)?

And Colossians IS written to Gentiles such as we, just like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I believe Rick Warren's son is likely in heaven post-suicide.

One does not have to be OSAS to affirm this. One just as to recognize that suicide is not the unpardonable sin (some Catholics think it is).

Unbelief is the antithesis of saving faith, not suicide.
So when was the sin of suicide forgiven, then?

Also, if he believed the "gospel" his dad preaches I doubt he went to Heaven.

Jesus was always the sinless Lamb of God. Your views of imputation are flawed. Jesus identifies with sinners, but remains sinless, a condition of providing the sacrifice.
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
-2 Corinthians 5:21

Was Jesus made sin for us or not?

glorydaz

Whose sins were the "body of the sins of the flesh" (Colossians 2:11 KJV) if not the world's (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV)?

And Colossians IS written to Gentiles such as we, just like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Gosh, a breath of fresh air. It's hard to find tonight. :wave:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The verses that speak of the "circumcision of Christ," have nothing to do with Christ being imputed with sin

That is exactly what it is. While Israel has a perpetual covenant to do it, it is foreshadowing the actions of the messiah. The flesh is cut off. He died on the cross and went to hell. I realize your demigod AMR also rejects or pretends he doesn't know that the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, died on the cross.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Thanks for contributing nothing. As a side note, the sky is blue from refraction during the day. And water is wet.

It was a point of interest because some TV evangelists and creeds seem to think Jesus went to hell and suffered for sin and kicked Satan in the teeth and took away the keys (Satan was not in hell, is not the king of hell, Jesus was righteous, not sinner, etc.).

:sheep:

I hope your 'mansion' in heaven is not next to mine, js.

glorydaz

The verses that speak of the "circumcision of Christ," have nothing to do with Christ being imputed with sin or literally circumcised. Rather:

Jesus Christ "circumcises" the hearts of His redeemed people (Romans 2:29), through the gift of faith in His Person via His powers of pardon, reconciliation, and justification. All accomplished on the cross.

Such is "the circumcision of Christ": Romans 15:8, Galatians 5:6, 6:15; Philippians 3:3; Colossians 2:11, 3:11

Hey, this is what God's Truth does. Look up circumcision and post all the verses that use the word....then pretend like you've stated some great truth. :think:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was a point of interest because some TV evangelists and creeds seem to think.....

Why is it a point of interest to you? Why do you care what commentaries say so much? You should be concerned with what the Holy Bible says about it.

1 Peter 3

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison

Isaiah 53

All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

This is why you will remain outside the faith for all time. You reject this. You don't want it to be true. He paid the price for your sin, and you spit over his action.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You will always be outside the faith. You reject the gospel given by Paul. You reject he died for your sin. Most importantly, you reject he died for sin, the state of being dead.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.