Is Islam compatible within Western Society?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
2B5C28E200000578-0-image-a-2_1439555792851.jpg

Isn't funny how AB x2 and their jinxed Russian friend never criticize how muslims treat homos?

I have no problem criticizing them. It's barbaric. All their ideology-based killing is barbaric, regardless of the reason (homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, fornication, etc.)

As for your photo, homosexuals should never be executed for being homosexual. Do you agree?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Which "idea" of "hell" is the right one? How assured are you that your particular belief on the score is correct?
Not sure the fine tuning on the point matters. Aside from the point of separation it's mostly speculation.

Gravity is impersonal, it's merely a force that's there,
Sure. The point is that in both cases we're really describing the consequence of a willful act.

Comparing physical laws to an unproven doctrinal idea of justice/consequence fails
Not to me and not in the way I used it. And given I'm not trying to talk the Pope out of his hat, that's the ballgame.

You may believe that eternal hell of some sort awaits non believers but there's no proof for it, nor is it set in stone and not all Christians believe in such a thing either.
I don't know what sort of Christian wouldn't, but you're probably right. The proof is in scripture if you credit it. If not, it isn't.

So those who don't agree on what you believe to be the consequences are simply misunderstanding?
We differ. I suppose you could put it that way for either of us, but I don't see why either of us would.

You may not be but you simply cannot deny that 'turn or burn' doctrine of any description is primarily rooted in fear.
I think that summation of hell absolutely is...and it's been approached like that, sometimes to real success. But it's not really my approach to grace.

Take a look at a 'chick tract' and that would sum up many an evangelical church by way of. Sure, most people will probably take an honest look at themselves at some point but 'hell' shouldn't have any remote bearing on that process.
I didn't say hell was part of that deliberation. But I understand how thinking about moral actions and ramifications can bring the question of consequence into play.

And the very same person who lies for self gain or to protect themselves may very well commit an act of kindness for someone half an hour later.
Sure. That's not my point, but sure.

Most people are a mixture. A truly hardened heart is just that but few reach such a state and a doctrine of horror would hardly be likely to soften it but love might have a shot...
I think Germany is an argument that you're an optimist on the point and I'd say that the little evils added up until a nation could largely accept and espouse a greater one. I don't think we go through life in stasis, so how and in what sense we grow and change is important and I think context largely determines it.

I'm not saying you're being deliberately glib but you do downplay the coercion of a doctrine that feeds on fear. I've been in churches that advance it and seen the effects of such a monstrous doctrine both on myself and on other people.
Most, the overwhelming majority of Christendom advances the idea of hell as a consequence for unrepentant sinners, but I believe that the emphasis in most churches is on how we respond to God and then one another, which is in line with the greater concentration of Christ's teaching.

Reconsider what exactly?
That anyone who subscribes to scripture on the point of hell is in need of "getting" it.

It's the actual 'horror' of such doctrines that make it completely open to question. It alienates, it's incomprehensible, it shocks, it manipulates and is utterly grounded in anything but love.
Justice isn't love. Mercy is. And not everything that it is profitable to understand will make you happy for understanding it. Evil, for instance.

So again, it's fear as the primary. Not much point in going on about how great and fulfilling such a life of faith is if the alternative is to interminably rot in some sort of horrific state.
Couldn't disagree with you more and for the reasons given prior.

So you do admit there's fear then. Kinda my point.
Fear for whom? And there's mine.

Sure. Scripture isn't veiled about the existence of hell or the consequence of sin. I don't agree with you that there's "no consistency" in orthodoxy. I'm equally sure there's a good bit of room for honest disagreement on particulars.

For something that's so "clear" there's a "hell" of a lot of differing takes on the matter, so how do you explain that?
The same way I'd approach any honest argument within the Body.

Questioning doctrines is no bad thing.
It depends. By way of, if you question whether or not we should commit murder, whether the wages of sin is death, whether or not Christ is God or rose on the third day I'd say you're not really questioning doctrine, but a fundamental commitment to a particular faith. I question my understanding constantly.

Fair enough but that kinda boots out most hell doctrines anyway. ;)
:idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is only because I won't let my children see what absolute animals muslims are that I don't post videos of just how nasty they are.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You called me a whore. You advocate violence. What's the difference between you and him?

No, I called you a whoremonger to liberalism. Get right you stupid evil idiot. Again, you have nothing to say about these animals. Nothing. Not a word.

eider

London's Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan believes Islam is completely compatible within Western Society yet studies contradict this claim. Below are the results of a study on a representative 1081 muslims of the more than 3 million living in Britain:
Oh dear...... who took the survey, where, amongst which few Muslims?

Only 74 percent completely condemn “suicide bombing to fight injustice”;
....... to fight injustice......
I wonder what the exact question was....

Only 66 percent completely condemn stoning those who commit adultery;
I am amazed at how many Christians on this forum would stone Gays, etc.

Only 53 percent completely condemn violence against those who mock Muhammad;
How many extremist Christians would offer violence to those who mock Christ?

Only 34 percent would contact police if they believed someone close to them was involved with jihadism;
Loaded question...... did it say 'believed' or did it say 'thought'?

23 percent believe Sharia law should replace British law in areas with large Muslim populations;
Well, many Christians would support that, especially those laws about Gays, transexuals, transgenders, transvestites et al...... oh, the Christians vigilantes would feel so holy!

52 percent believe homosexuality should be illegal;
.....like many Christians, you mean?

31 percent believe polygamy should be legal;
Like the OT laws permit, you mean?

39 percent believe women should always obey their husbands;
....an extremist Christian POV...... Wow, some of you must just love that 39%!

35 percent believe Jews have too much power in the UK.
I don't expect that Lord Sachs would agree with that.
But Londoners are cosmopoliatan and would not want anybody to have too much power....

Is the Muslim mayor correct or is Donald Trump?
Sadiq knows London. Mr Trump knows the US.
We want and deserve Sadiq, you want and deserve Donald......

musterion

It is only because I won't let my children see what absolute animals muslims are that I don't post videos of just how nasty they are.

I've got the impact footage as well as the now-scrubbed jumper impact videos saved on a thumb drive to show my children someday when they're old enough...by which time the history of 9-11 will have been completely sanitized as it largely already has been.

ClimateSanity

Oh dear...... who took the survey, where, amongst which few Muslims?

....... to fight injustice......
I wonder what the exact question was....

I am amazed at how many Christians on this forum would stone Gays, etc.

How many extremist Christians would offer violence to those who mock Christ?

Loaded question...... did it say 'believed' or did it say 'thought'?

Well, many Christians would support that, especially those laws about Gays, transexuals, transgenders, transvestites et al...... oh, the Christians vigilantes would feel so holy!

.....like many Christians, you mean?

Like the OT laws permit, you mean?

....an extremist Christian POV...... Wow, some of you must just love that 39%!

I don't expect that Lord Sachs would agree with that.
But Londoners are cosmopoliatan and would not want anybody to have too much power....

Sadiq knows London. Mr Trump knows the US.
We want and deserve Sadiq, you want and deserve Donald......

Ho hum. Another one who twists reality around to pretend like the Muslim problem doesn't exist or is somehow equal to Christianity in its menace to society. Brainwashing has done a number on those who lean to the progressive side especially millenials.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know. Was just saying I had to search high and low to find the footage that had mysteriously disappeared when I went to look for it, so I made sure to save it.

Youtube is google, and they are as liberal as facebook. They censor what animals muslims are.

Arthur Brain

2B5C28E200000578-0-image-a-2_1439555792851.jpg

Isn't funny how AB x2 and their jinxed Russian friend never criticize how muslims treat homos?

Actually oh gormless one, I've outright condemned any extremist practice - repeatedly no less, and in response to you when you pull this stupid shtick. So either you are outright dumb or completely and deliberately dishonest.

Ok, with you it could actually be a combination but you're the nut who would support the very same as these nutjobs do and advocate it as "punishment" in the West. So congrats there Nick. You have more in common with Muslim extremists than I would ever want to come close to.

Wear that badge with pride doofus.