Is granite worth debating?

Is granite worth debating?

• ...a flaming idiot, and it is a waste of time to truthsmack him again and again.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ...a flaming idiot, but it is important to truthsmack him again and again for those not yet convince

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • ...a flaming idiot and a complete moron!

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

Zakath said:
Perhaps you should. When in Rome (or Denver)...
You embarrass them and screw up their predetermined neatly categorized worldview. :D

That's it! Yes, you and granite and all the other atheist/agnostic/pagan :zakath: just threaten and embarrass the heck out of us! In fact, everytime I read your posts and thoughts I am afraid and feel like my world is coming crashing down around me! :idea: Maybe I should just end my life now to spare myself anymore embarrassment or fear from the great minds and terrible truths of granite and Zakath!

Mustard Seed

First off I think a granite is often far more reasonable than the likes of lighthouse and Sozo and often times is more on the right track than either of those (I know those aren't hard lines to cross but honestly granite has his good points quite often).

granite1010 said:
I'm not the one so upset I'm starting threads devoted to people I don't like...

Since when has the devotion of a thread been a stronger indication of emnity than the kind of language used against an individual. I can recall the following post that I replied to as being especialy irrational and emotionaly loaded from granite.

The post quoted and replied to--
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=688250&postcount=43

Christianity by definition is small-minded. And with that mentality comes a lack of humor. Sorry, anything people say ("plenty of TOLers have a sense of humor!") doesn't change that. You people have a tendency to be downright dour.

Small minded? I can buy the occasionaly dour but small minded as an inherent requisit to one who believes in Christ? If that's the case then what does being 'big minded', if you will, entail? Is your set of ideological paradigms more 'big minded' then Christianities? I know that's a loaded phrase with both the narrow broad takes on Christianity with the fact that a few of it's fafctions like excluding whoever their whim fits to exclude. But to say that one who believes in Christ is somehow inherently small minded is something I take serious exception too. So unless you can demonstrait such it would be wise to 'recant' the 'small minded' label. Though I don't like the dour label I conceed it is fitting more often than it should be.

I've yet to have anybody here explain what sparked this thread specifically; evidently Lucky found something dead up a bodily cavity and took it from there.

Perhapse you exploded on Lucky or a friend of his in like manner to the way you exploded against me. Just my hypothesis.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
granite1010 said:
I propose we just let this thread wither on the vine, as I think everyone here has better ways to spend their time.

Oh no, you're not getting off that easy! :chuckle:

Mustard Seed

BillyBob said:
Oh no, you're not getting off that easy! :chuckle:

Did you note, though, the poetic flare of that plea for mercy?

Reminds me a bit of the Scarlet Pimpernel.

"Sink me!"

Such a funny show.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The worst thing you can do around here is plead for mercy, that just fuels the fire. :devil:

Better off taking your lumps as they come and try to have fun with it or fight back mercilessly. :box:

:eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I hope rocky wasn't accusing me of not having a sense of humor... if I didn't I would have left a long tiome ago. And I would think BillyBob was a jackass.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
:SOTK: said:
That's it! Yes, you and granite and all the other atheist/agnostic/pagan :zakath: just threaten and embarrass the heck out of us! In fact, everytime I read your posts and thoughts I am afraid and feel like my world is coming crashing down around me! :idea: Maybe I should just end my life now to spare myself anymore embarrassment or fear from the great minds and terrible truths of granite and Zakath!
:darwinsm:
The truths of :granite:1010 and :zakath: are found in Matthew 4:8-9.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
First off I think a granite is often far more reasonable than the likes of lighthouse and Sozo and often times is more on the right track than either of those (I know those aren't hard lines to cross but honestly granite has his good points quite often).

Since when has the devotion of a thread been a stronger indication of emnity than the kind of language used against an individual. I can recall the following post that I replied to as being especialy irrational and emotionaly loaded from granite.

The post quoted and replied to--
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=688250&postcount=43

Small minded? I can buy the occasionaly dour but small minded as an inherent requisit to one who believes in Christ? If that's the case then what does being 'big minded', if you will, entail? Is your set of ideological paradigms more 'big minded' then Christianities? I know that's a loaded phrase with both the narrow broad takes on Christianity with the fact that a few of it's fafctions like excluding whoever their whim fits to exclude. But to say that one who believes in Christ is somehow inherently small minded is something I take serious exception too. So unless you can demonstrait such it would be wise to 'recant' the 'small minded' label. Though I don't like the dour label I conceed it is fitting more often than it should be.

Perhapse you exploded on Lucky or a friend of his in like manner to the way you exploded against me. Just my hypothesis.

Hey Mustard!

Hafta say that one quote of mine you seized on was...huh. Maybe I didn't have my Happy Flakes that morning, or something. :D

I would stick to one of my statements, namely, that Christianity is small minded. But really, any monotheistic religion is and has to be. (As an aside I WOULD say Mormonism is a little broader in its worldview than mainstream Christianity; on the other hand, c'mon, man. I've been to your dances. You folks need to find other ways to have a good time.)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
SOTK said:
That's it! Yes, you and granite and all the other atheist/agnostic/pagan :zakath: just threaten and embarrass the heck out of us!
It's actually all the other former Christians who threaten and embarrass some of you...

In fact, everytime I read your posts and thoughts I am afraid and feel like my world is coming crashing down around me! :idea: Maybe I should just end my life now to spare myself anymore embarrassment or fear from the great minds and terrible truths of granite and Zakath!
:clap:

I'm sure BB would loan you a firearm... :Grizzly:

Mustard Seed

granite1010 said:
Hey Mustard!

Hafta say that one quote of mine you seized on was...huh. Maybe I didn't have my Happy Flakes that morning, or something. :D

I would stick to one of my statements, namely, that Christianity is small minded. But really, any monotheistic religion is and has to be. (As an aside I WOULD say Mormonism is a little broader in its worldview than mainstream Christianity; on the other hand, c'mon, man. I've been to your dances. You folks need to find other ways to have a good time.)

I'd have to concure that our dances, at times, are deficient (course I've never been much of a dancer). I'd say however that LDS young adults have alot more fun then most the world thinks we do. And the nice thing about it is that we can actually remember the good time rather thann having to watch a video of the weekend because we blacked out and woke up the next morning with some rather unbearable side affects. 'Bonging' soda or water doesn't have nearly the adverse side affects that alcoholic beverages do and you still get the puking action quite often. (I did have a friend that held down two two liter bottles of soda (yes thats 4 liters of carbonation) and kept it down. 'Course the same kid downed a full sized box of "grape nuts" in one sitting also.

Oh and BTW, don't try orange juice, it has a harder time coming back up from what I've seen and it's not very plesant while it festers in there.

granite, I still have to take exception to your generalization. Unless you can provide some more points of evidence we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point too.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
Did you note, though, the poetic flare of that plea for mercy?

Reminds me a bit of the Scarlet Pimpernel.

"Sink me!"

Such a funny show.
I got the DVD of the original! Great movie!
"They seek him here,
They seek him there,
The Frenchies seek him everywhere!
Is he in heaven, or is he in Hell?
That damned evlusive Pimpernel!"

YEAH!!

The portrayal of foppery was great! Kinda reminds me of ... :eek:
(Oops! Can't do it. It's Fellowship Week.) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.