Is God Three?

clefty

"The Holy Spirit" is simply another name or title or attribute that uses to identify himself

Or herself...maybe it’s a woman’s name?

Title or attribute...not buying it...a covenant is a legal document and not signed by “dude holding the pen”

Nor is the book a life authorized by an office filled by election or “mightiest one”

Time and time again names matter...proper names...and not having one lessens one leg of the three legged stool...just as one leg becoming flesh adds to itself...the stool is already too unstable for me to sit on...

There are other spirits out there good spirits evil spirits...are not the other good spirits holy? Even the one made known for volunteering at the council in heaven to be a lying spirit?

I need a proper name...unique singular distinct personal...not finding one I resort to the holy spirit is merely of the Father who has a name...and a Son who bears it...

oatmeal

Or herself...maybe it’s a woman’s name?

Title or attribute...not buying it...a covenant is a legal document and not signed by “dude holding the pen”

Nor is the book a life authorized by an office filled by election or “mightiest one”

Time and time again names matter...proper names...and not having one lessens one leg of the three legged stool...just as one leg becoming flesh adds to itself...the stool is already too unstable for me to sit on...

There are other spirits out there good spirits evil spirits...are not the other good spirits holy? Even the one made known for volunteering at the council in heaven to be a lying spirit?

I need a proper name...unique singular distinct personal...not finding one I resort to the holy spirit is merely of the Father who has a name...and a Son who bears it...

God is spirit.

Spirit has no gender

clefty

God is spirit.

Spirit has no gender

So no Father then...or son except incarnate...Did Abraham wash the feet of man? Watch them eat meat and milk he prepared for them?...but some insist now they were merely angels (do they eat?) and to have seperate dinnerware refrigerators and kitchens for their ideas...silly men and their traditions

Hear O Israel God is one...and had a son...both have names...the spirit none

oatmeal

So no Father then...or son except incarnate...Did Abraham wash the feet of man? Watch them eat meat and milk he prepared for them?...but some insist now they were merely angels (do they eat?) and to have seperate dinnerware refrigerators and kitchens for their ideas...silly men and their traditions

Hear O Israel God is one...and had a son...both have names...the spirit none

Of course God, who is the Holy Spirit does refer to himself as Father.

And appropriately so, for He is the Father of His son, and sons.

However, we must keep in mind that God also refers to himself with many other names.

In Psalm 18:2, by means of David's relationship to Him we find that God has many other attributes that can almost be taken literally,

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Is God literally a rock? No, but he does exhibit those qualities that David praised him for.

Is God literally a fortress? Where is the literal place that fortress was built? Fort Detroit? Michilimackinac?

Those were literal fortresses built by someone.

God is not a literal fortress, but most certainly lives some of the attributes of a fortress as far as David and other believers are concerned.

Is God literally a father like we would think of a father?

No, not like we would, the definition would have to be modified to fit God's attributes of a father.

I am a father. I am a male who was single then married then became a father because I had sexual intercourse with my wife that resulted in her being pregnant

God certainly exhibits the paternal instincts of a father, for He is our Heavenly Father, but not our earthly father.

As a figures of speech, in this case, condescencio, He uses the word father to teach and describe his fatherly attributes.

But God does not have sexual intercourse. In the case of all His sons that were born again of incorruptible seed, I Peter 1:23, there is no mother. Without a mother, can there literally be a father?

God is a Father, but not in all the literal sense we as humans have.

Why cannot "Holy Spirit" be the name?

After all, "God" a name? or a title? It is a title for there are many, including humans and our adversary that God refers to as gods.

Joshua is a name given to the successor to Moses and to the son of God.

Even as Joshua led the children of Israel into the physical promised land, even so, the son of God, Joshua, or Jesus, led God's people into the spiritual promised land of our redemption and salvation.

If God wants to refer to himself as "the Holy Spirit" and consider that one of His names or titles, I am fine with that. Who am I that I should argue with God?

Right Divider

Body part
A father is one who causes a woman to become pregnant.

We know from scripture the holy Spirit impregnated Mary.

However, the term holy Spirit refers to the Most High, Jesus' father.
Your confusion never ceases to amaze me.

Your definition of "father" is based on HUMANS and not God.

The Holy Spirit did not "impregnate" Mary in the same way that a HUMAN father impregnates his wife.

clefty

Of course God, who is the Holy Spirit does refer to himself as Father.

And appropriately so, for He is the Father of His son, and sons.

However, we must keep in mind that God also refers to himself with many other names.

In Psalm 18:2, by means of David's relationship to Him we find that God has many other attributes that can almost be taken literally,

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Is God literally a rock? No, but he does exhibit those qualities that David praised him for.

Is God literally a fortress? Where is the literal place that fortress was built? Fort Detroit? Michilimackinac?

Those were literal fortresses built by someone.

God is not a literal fortress, but most certainly lives some of the attributes of a fortress as far as David and other believers are concerned.

Is God literally a father like we would think of a father?

No, not like we would, the definition would have to be modified to fit God's attributes of a father.

I am a father. I am a male who was single then married then became a father because I had sexual intercourse with my wife that resulted in her being pregnant

God certainly exhibits the paternal instincts of a father, for He is our Heavenly Father, but not our earthly father.

As a figures of speech, in this case, condescencio, He uses the word father to teach and describe his fatherly attributes.

But God does not have sexual intercourse. In the case of all His sons that were born again of incorruptible seed, I Peter 1:23, there is no mother. Without a mother, can there literally be a father?

God is a Father, but not in all the literal sense we as humans have.
ok...and praise be that you are a father...congrats you are blessed...

Why cannot "Holy Spirit" be the name?

After all, "God" a name? or a title? It is a title for there are many, including humans and our adversary that God refers to as gods.
as problematic as idolatry was and is to the people of Yah it would be good to continue to focus on that issue...idolatry is false worship to the true god and/or worship to the false god

Joshua is a name given to the successor to Moses and to the son of God.
yes indeed a proper name also given to the son of Yah...but most worship by another name...A DIFFERENT NAME...but you have studied....

Even as Joshua led the children of Israel into the physical promised land, even so, the son of God, Joshua, or Jesus, led God's people into the spiritual promised land of our redemption and salvation.

So why is it that the name is not ELshua or such variation? I am fond of the breakdown of the names EliYah and Elisha each with specific meaning...god(El)is Yah and the latter god (El)is salvation...and when is Yah salvation? By His appropriately named Son Yahshua

If God wants to refer to himself as "the Holy Spirit" and consider that one of His names or titles, I am fine with that. Who am I that I should argue with God?
with who? Which one?...lol

In a day when passwords are case sensitive and intellectual property law protects logos to the count of billions and international athletes are respected with proper and accurate pronunciations of their names I just think the name of my Creator and Savior etc...is to be specified USED...else His name was carried to the place for His Name in vain...for naught...

Yah forbid...

oatmeal

ok...and praise be that you are a father...congrats you are blessed...

as problematic as idolatry was and is to the people of Yah it would be good to continue to focus on that issue...idolatry is false worship to the true god and/or worship to the false god

yes indeed a proper name also given to the son of Yah...but most worship by another name...A DIFFERENT NAME...but you have studied....

So why is it that the name is not ELshua or such variation? I am fond of the breakdown of the names EliYah and Elisha each with specific meaning...god(El)is Yah and the latter god (El)is salvation...and when is Yah salvation? By His appropriately named Son Yahshua

with who? Which one?...lol

In a day when passwords are case sensitive and intellectual property law protects logos to the count of billions and international athletes are respected with proper and accurate pronunciations of their names I just think the name of my Creator and Savior etc...is to be specified USED...else His name was carried to the place for His Name in vain...for naught...

Yah forbid...

Does the Creator need a name?

There is only one Creator.

There is only one true God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

Does He really need a name to be correctly identified?

He is your only Heavenly Father.

Jesus did teach to pray to "our Father, who is heaven"

When I pray I know God know He is my Heavenly Father and when I pray to my Heavenly Father, I am quite certain, God is not confused about whom I am addressing.

Details that are in God's word are most certainly important.

Lon

The trinity, as an official doctrine, began to be developed in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicaea and was completed in 381 at the Council of Constantinople. Both of these official events were convened and presided over by Roman Emperors. So by 381 A.D. it was officially decreed that God was three persons who were equally the one God.

“[The Trinity Doctrine] is not ... directly and immediately the word of God.” - (p. 304) “The formulation ‘One God in three persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian Dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers [those very first Christians who had known and been taught by the Apostles and their disciples for over 100 years], there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.” - New Catholic Encyclopedia, p. 299, v. 14, 1967.

Now it is obvious that Scripture uses the word 'one' numerous times to describe God. And it is equally obvious that every dream or vision of God shows a single person as God (sometimes the Messiah is shone approaching or standing by the one person depicted as God (Acts 7:55 and Dan. 7:9, 13, 14 are good examples).

So, how many times in Scripture is God described using the word 'three'?

And how many times is he shown in scripture as three persons? or one person with three faces?

1 John 5:7-8 Matthew 28:19 John 1:1 :think:

Lon

Your moot is that I told you time after time that there's reason why Jesus is not conveyed to the Jews as God in OT. Why do you have to insist that OT needs to teach Jesus as God in order for Him to be God?

I used Thomas as an example to explain to you that why Jesus is God in NT.

Your only argument time and again is that "until Jesus is conveyed to the Jews that He's God in OT, or else He's not God". This is a moot argument. Because you are not God. If God has a reason (the possibilities I have already shown you) not to reveal what He is composed of to the Jews, you thus can't claim that Jesus is not God.

Yeah, kind of 'stuck in Judaism' aren't they? Galatians 3:1 :doh: Don't be surprised most cults are steeped in Judaism-messed-up.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Judaism......

Judaism......

Yeah, kind of 'stuck in Judaism' aren't they? Galatians 3:1 :doh: Don't be surprised most cults are steeped in Judaism-messed-up.

So Jesus was messed up too, being a faithful Jew and his original apostles for staying faithful Jews as well, which the gospel of Matthew accentuates? - we gather the no longer extant hebrew gospel of Matthew may be even more Jewish.

Galations just goes to show Paul was preaching his own gospel, different than Peters, and damning any other gospel but his own. (toot your own horn?) This continues on with his disdain for Jewish law and customs which never made him popular with the Jerusalem community.

~*~*~

'God' is ever 'echad' to a Jew, never 3. - a trinity-concept may be assumed or integrated into God, but he is still ever an Infinite ONE. The One Infinite. There is one original infinity, from which an infinitude of creation springs.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is the correct translation.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: And the government shall be upon his shoulders: And he shall be called Wonderful Counselor of the Mighty God and Everlasting Father; (שַׂר / minister-ing) in peace.

שַׂר minister
The word used is sar.

It is a noun.

It does not mean "minister."

It means:

prince, ruler, leader, chief, chieftain, official, captain

chieftain, leader

vassal, noble, official (under king)

captain, general, commander (military)

chief, head, overseer (of other official classes)

heads, princes (of religious office)

elders (of representative leaders of people)

merchant-princes (of rank and dignity)

patron-angel

Ruler of rulers (of God)

warden

It is used 421 times.
7dc2c2e4a482378c99d90ff44527e98f.jpg

clefty

Does the Creator need a name?
we have the luxury of living at the back end of 2000+ years of growth and dominance over other traditions superstitions beliefs by Christianity...itself a not a uniform body...names matter in this war for supremacy not only for the world but your salvation...there are many believed creators out their all with their own followers and systems of belief

There is only one Creator.
is the new kid on the mars hill block ya dig?

There is only one true God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ
a jealous One Who went to great length to preserve His rep among the nations...at one point stopped from destroying His own people because they misrepresenting His Name...

Does He really need a name to be correctly identified?
sure...name have meaning and cultural context...Jesus isn’t even Joshua out of Latin out of greek from Hebrew...I have spoke to Christians about Jesus who are quite surprised He is NOT a)white blue eyed blonde b) black curly headed c) gentile eating sunday Ham dinners

Forgetting He was a Jew makes it easier to forget much of what He did and believed and taught we are to do...

He is your only Heavenly Father.
covenants are legal contracts pet names are cute but He asked we not carry His name for naught. If just for accuracy it is fascinating the development from Jehovah to Yah. And as I have said before if we respect politicians and sports hero’s with at least an attempt at accuracy of their name why not for, you know HIM... king Carlos is radically different than King Charles...Juan or Jan

Maybe it’s not that important to you...but it comes in at number 3 of His top ten list...

Jesus did teach to pray to "our Father, who is heaven"
instructed to a group who already knew the Name culture history expectation...and didn’t need them listed formally name once a year but actually needed to understand them as intimate personal relationship building aids...hence YHWH to daddy...ok not that far...lol see?

When I pray I know God know He is my Heavenly Father and when I pray to my Heavenly Father, I am quite certain, God is not confused about whom I am addressing.
choose Ye this day Whom ye will serve...I gave you some of my reasons...

Details that are in God's word are most certainly important.
especially when it comes to names Saul to Paul...KJV confusing Joshua with Jesus...

When Saul/Paul was knocked off his horse and asked “who are you?” it is a most important detail that he heard the answer in Hebrew/Aramaic you can bet he didn’t hear the English “Jesus”...

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.“

Read the multicultural context by which even that verse was penned...

Lon

So Jesus was messed up too, being a faithful Jew and his original apostles for staying faithful Jews as well, which the gospel of Matthew accentuates? - we gather the no longer extant hebrew gospel of Matthew may be even more Jewish.

Galations just goes to show Paul was preaching his own gospel, different than Peters, and damning any other gospel but his own. (toot your own horn?) This continues on with his disdain for Jewish law and customs which never made him popular with the Jerusalem community.

~*~*~

'God' is ever 'echad' to a Jew, never 3. - a trinity-concept may be assumed or integrated into God, but he is still ever an Infinite ONE. The One Infinite. There is one original infinity, from which an infinitude of creation springs.

Hasty.