Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

jzeidler

Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

Jesus taught us how to pray. You conveniently dismiss that.

Jesus takes away our former sins when we become His followers. Jesus did not give His followers license to sin and that's what you are hoping He is saying, it seems.

Your reading is so convenient and it is just wishful thinking. You are hoping cheap salvation.

Do you know Jesus tells us to be perfect? If we continually sin after we become His follower, we are only being hypocrites and Jesus does not approve of hypocrisy.

Jesus also says His followers are salt and light of the world. If we are no different from non-believers and ungodly, we are not salt and light of the world.

You need to stop preaching false gospel.

This talks about what sins Jesus takes away. I want everyone to watch this video not just the person I'm replying to. It's only about 6 min long. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/BZHLWtn7B3c

jzeidler

My goodness.

you are just amazing.

How old are you, BTW?

You sound like you just got quick information from young churchgoer who doesn't know much about gospel.

I have no need to give an account to you for anything. Deal with the evidence, don't fling mud.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong. You continually reading the scripture the way you want it to be like most churchgoers.

Meshak doesn't answer questions, so don't bother with her. She
believes the Apostle Paul is an anti-Christ and she only trusts in
the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and sometimes John. She's
trying to work her way to Heaven.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus taught us how to pray. You conveniently dismiss that.

Jesus takes away our former sins when we become His followers. Jesus did not give His followers license to sin and that's what you are hoping He is saying, it seems.

Your reading is so convenient and it is just wishful thinking. You are hoping cheap salvation.

Do you know Jesus tells us to be perfect? If we continually sin after we become His follower, we are only being hypocrites and Jesus does not approve of hypocrisy.

Jesus also says His followers are salt and light of the world. If we are no different from non-believers and ungodly, we are not salt and light of the world.

You need to stop preaching false gospel.

You are a false preacher Meshak. And, you're good at it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ died for ALL our sins. Past, present, and future. In order to
receive eternal life, one must hear the Gospel and place our faith
in Christ as our Savior. When we come to Christ, in faith, we must
realize/confess that we're sinners. After we place our faith in Christ,
we are sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of
Christ by the Holy Spirit. At the same time, we receive the righteousness
of Christ and are guaranteed eternal life. ALL our sins are forgiven through
Christ's death and resurrection.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak desires to go another path through her so called obedience,
good works and deeds. Ephesians 2:8 says; "For by grace are ye
saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the
gift of God:"

Ephesians 2:9 says; "Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Meshak is a boaster and a worker.

JosephR

well despite all the trash...the OP reminded me of the most challenging concept..that I have found in scripture.And it seems I go pole opposite.. as I always do,if no one has noticed... is to PRAY without CEASING...

Has anyone put any real thought into this? I know I have and have come away and grown into a ever growing ideal of what this means.