Is Calvinism Wrong?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christians have a moral obligation to warn those that blasphemy God and his Son Jesus Christ that they are lost and hell bound if they do not repent, Colossians 1:28. If Christians don't do this, who will?

Belonging to the different denomination, or dare I say being a Calvinist is hardly what I would call blasphemy. Your views on them are very extreme to the point of obsession. Knight hit the nail on the head.

[05-09, 08:56] Robert Pate: The Bible is the inspired word of God. Calvinism is the inspired word of the devil.

[05-09, 11:32] Knight: Uh... I think that's a bit much. Calvinism is just a theological concept. One I disagree with but hardly Satanic.

If you can't debate without name calling and putdowns such call calling them 'Satanic' You'll be spending time in the timeout chair. Enough of Christian members digging at each other over things like this. Debate the concept with scripture or find something else to post about.

Nuff said.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
pate

False statement not in scripture !

Ya , the 248 times the NT writers used the verb form of Faith , an action , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence , " is not in scripture "!

Setting aside neither of you will accept the true definition of that word pisteuo .

Salvation , is by Grace through Faith . Faith being applied by the verb pisteuo , something that must be done to receive the Spirit of Christ .

Until that union is complete , God's Word isn't yours to claim or declare falsehoods about .

Robert Pate

Banned
Belonging to the different denomination, or dare I say being a Calvinist is hardly what I would call blasphemy. Your views on them are very extreme to the point of obsession. Knight hit the nail on the head.

[05-09, 08:56] Robert Pate: The Bible is the inspired word of God. Calvinism is the inspired word of the devil.

[05-09, 11:32] Knight: Uh... I think that's a bit much. Calvinism is just a theological concept. One I disagree with but hardly Satanic.

If you can't debate without name calling and putdowns such call calling them 'Satanic' You'll be spending time in the timeout chair. Enough of Christian members digging at each other over things like this. Debate the concept with scripture or find something else to post about.

Nuff said.

I suppose that you will kick me off of the Forum.

To say or believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is of the devil.

To say or believe that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is of the devil.

It appears to me that you are a Calvinist sympathizer.

Rosenritter

To say or believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is of the devil.

To say or believe that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is of the devil.

So how well has that angle of persuasion been working for you so far? How effective has that approach been in bringing people to change?

beloved57

What about people who teach that sinners Christ atoned for still are lost in their sins anyway?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
So how well has that angle of persuasion been working for you so far? How effective has that approach been in bringing people to change?

We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and answer for the things that we have said. If you want to say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born or say that Jesus failed to atone for the sins of the whole world, then you have condemned yourself to hell.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and answer for the things that we have said. If you want to say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born or say that Jesus failed to atone for the sins of the whole world, then you have condemned yourself to hell.

Are you saying that God does not send people to Hell? If he does, doesn't he know who they are? Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world but only those who accept the free gift are saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you saying that God does not send people to Hell? If he does, doesn't he know who they are? Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world but only those who accept the free gift are saved.

The only ones that are going to be saved are those that are "IN CHRIST".

To be "IN CHRIST" means that you believe that Jesus by his life, death and resurrection has reconciled you and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.

If you are not found to be "IN CHRIST" you will perish. Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE. It's God's great free gift for EVERYONE, Ephesians 2:8.

To deny salvation by grace through faith is to put yourself under the judgment of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

To be "IN CHRIST" means that you believe that Jesus by his life, death and resurrection has reconciled you and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19.

If you are not found to be "IN CHRIST" you will perish. Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE. It's God's great free gift for EVERYONE, Ephesians 2:8.

To deny salvation by grace through faith is to put yourself under the judgment of God.

For the free gift to have effect it must be accepted.

beloved57

You teach salvation by works by what man does. That denies salvation by grace!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ died for the sins of ALL of humanity. Every single person that ever existed. However, ONLY those who hear the Gospel and place ALL of their faith in Christ as their Savior will benefit from the Lord's sacrifice. You teach the false doctrine of Calvinism.

GM,

How exactly do the first three sentences above depart from what you think Calvinists believe?

For example, see:
https://theologyonline.com/showthre...Y-Accomplish&p=5274611&viewfull=1#post5274611

As can be seen from the above linked content, the usual sticking points revolve around what is actual and what is potential concerning the atonement of Our Lord.

The non-Calvinist views the atonement as hypothetically implying each and every person in the world could be saved if they would only believe. In other words, hypothetical universalism. Naturally—unless we are one of those odd duck universalists thinking each and every person will actually be saved—we believers know this is not the case.

To avoid the pitfalls of implying something that is not factual, others are careful to distinguish between hypotheticals and actuals, such as to give God all the glory for actually accomplishing His plan of redemption.

This approach emphasizes the efficiency of the atonement over its presumptive sufficiency. This approach also leads us to understand why Our Lord would rightly claim that He knows exactly (particularly so) who are His sheep (John 10:14), and who are not (John 10:26), and even prayed for those that were and did not pray for those that were not (John 17:9), such that none who were given to Him by God the Father (John 6:39) were lost to Him.

Of course, at this point we could and will disagree as to what Our Lord's knowing about "His sheep" means. Does it mean foreseen faith of particularly known persons? Does it mean particularly known persons are chosen beforehand (not based upon foreseen faith) and cannot not disbelieve? These are matters outside the actual discussion at hand: the atonement and what was actually accomplished (as in John 19:28-30).

AMR