Is Calvinism Anti-Gospel, Anti-Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
It doesn't take much sense to see that Calvinism is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles us and the world unto God.

"All things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation (which is the preaching of the Gospel). To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

God is opening his arms to all of humanity. "Come unto me ALL that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest for your soul, Matthew 11:28. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets and stone them that are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a chicken gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not" Matthew 23:37.

The call now is to come to Christ and be saved. Salvation is like a great banquet. The invitations have gone out. Your place has been reserved, everything has been prepared, all that you have to do is go, enter in and partake.

Calvinist don't believe in coming to Christ as a repentant sinner, they want God to predestinate them to salvation without believing the Gospel and coming to Christ as repentant sinners. Its not going to happen that way. Jesus said to those Jews that would not come to him, "Behold, your house is left unto you as desolate" Matthew 23:38. They are the same ones that will hear... "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man, but he will not choose for you. You and you alone, by your own free will will have to come to Christ and ask him to save you, "Whosoever that calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. If you are to proud to call upon Christ to save you, you will perish.

beloved57

It doesn't take much sense to see that Calvinism is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.

"All things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation (which is the preaching of the Gospel). To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

God is opening his arms to all of humanity. "Come unto me ALL that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest for your soul, Matthew 11:28. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets and stone them that are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a chicken gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not" Matthew 23:37.

The call now is to come to Christ and be saved. Salvation is like a great banquet. The invitations have gone out. Your place has been reserved, everything has been prepared, all that you have to do is go, enter in and partake.

Calvinist don't believe in coming to Christ as a repentant sinner, they want God to predestinate them to salvation without believing the Gospel and coming to Christ as repentant sinners. Its not going to happen that way. Jesus said to those Jews that would not come to him, "Behold, your house is left unto you as desolate" Matthew 23:38. They are the same ones that will hear... "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man, but he will not choose for you. You and you alone, by your own free will will have to come to Christ and ask him to save you, "Whosoever that calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. If you are to proud to call upon Christ to save you, you will perish.
A bunch of invalid comments not found in scripture.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

TweetyBird

Ridiculous and totally untrue. :kookoo:

nikolai_42

Calvinist don't believe in coming to Christ as a repentant sinner, they want God to predestinate them to salvation without believing the Gospel and coming to Christ as repentant sinners.

It's utterly unfounded statements like this, Robert, that incite Calvinists against you. I don't think I would call myself a Calvinist but I know for a fact that this is diametrically opposed to Calvinist teaching. Again...maybe a handful of hyper-Calvinists would fall into that category but you've made a sweeping claim about all Calvinists. Whatever you are saying, that isn't Calvinism.

“There is no new thing under the sun” (Eccles. 1:9), nor is the present-day denial of the necessity of repentance for salvation any twentieth-century novelty. In proof of this statement we could find page after page with quotations from Antinomians and others who lived long before “dispensational truth” was first heard of. No, it is an old device of Satan's, yet under a new dress. But woe be unto those who accept his lie. God must cease to exist before He will lower His claims and cease demanding repentance from all who have rebelled against Him. Make no mistake upon this point, dear reader: it is turn or burn—turn from your course of self-will and self-pleasing; turn in broken heartedness to God, seeking His mercy in Christ; turn with full purpose to please and serve Him, or be tormented day and night forever and ever in the lake of fire.

A.W. Pink - from "The Necessity of Repentance"

And a few more Reformed folk on the matter : Reformers on the Necessity of Repentance and Sanctification

Robert Pate

Banned
It's utterly unfounded statements like this, Robert, that incite Calvinists against you. I don't think I would call myself a Calvinist but I know for a fact that this is diametrically opposed to Calvinist teaching. Again...maybe a handful of hyper-Calvinists would fall into that category but you've made a sweeping claim about all Calvinists. Whatever you are saying, that isn't Calvinism.

And a few more Reformed folk on the matter : Reformers on the Necessity of Repentance and Sanctification
Calvinist do not believe the Gospel and justification by faith. If the did there would be no need to believe in Calvinism.

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No one needs to be predestinated. In the Gospel we are justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. No one needs to be predestinated. In the Gospel Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. No one need to be predestinated.

Zeke

Repentance is simply a change of mind and taking off the persona/stawman that is owned by this observable world run by the sons of hagar who invented emotional religion based on feelings, true repentance is not emotional feelings that change with the observable weather, our Divine temple and kingdom is within Luke 17:20-21 and isn't a religion or doctrinal creeds. Calvinism also has more in common with the Talmud than being some revelation about Divine election, the Elitist Families run on the same type of thinking which they justify killing and raping the land of those they deem expendable founder, but what Denomination isn't loyal to this world! most still impersonate a fiction through the legal name which has deceived generations into acceptance of this worlds God's.

TweetyBird

Calvinist do not believe the Gospel and justification by faith. If the did there would be no need to believe in Calvinism.

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No one needs to be predestinated. In the Gospel we are justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. No one needs to be predestinated. In the Gospel Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. No one need to be predestinated.

:kookoo::dizzy::hammer: That is really idiotic. Apparently, you are completed unaware of what Calvinism teaches. Try reading John Calvin for the truth, instead of these made up fantasies you are throwing around.

Robert Pate

Banned
:kookoo::dizzy::hammer: That is really idiotic. Apparently, you are completed unaware of what Calvinism teaches. Try reading John Calvin for the truth, instead of these made up fantasies you are throwing around.

In the 20 pages of "The Canons of Dort" there is no mention of a Gospel. The reason that there is no mention of the Gospel is because they see no need for the Gospel. If you believe that you have been predestinated to salvation, then who needs Jesus Christ and his Gospel?

Calvinism is an anti-Gospel, anti-faith, anti-Christ, anti-Bible and anti-God religion.

beloved57

In the 20 pages of "The Canons of Dort" there is no mention of a Gospel. The reason that there is no mention of the Gospel is because they see no need for the Gospel. If you believe that you have been predestinated to salvation, then who needs Jesus Christ and his Gospel?

Calvinism is an anti-Gospel, anti-faith, anti-Christ, anti-Bible and anti-God religion.
How do you believe the Gospel when You believe that Christ death alone failed to save sinners that He died for ?

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel is hid to them that are lost, so how can they hear it? 2 Cor 4:3-4?

The same way that 8,000 Jews heard it on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

You are full of lies and deceit, just like your father.

TweetyBird

The Canons of Dort were not written by John Calvin. It was a theological treatise written for those were already saved.