Introduction

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for your welcome and sharing that information. I have a couple of books I am reading at present but I will bare that in mind when looking for my next. :poly:

I read the same book over and over; the Bible. Paul's epistles are my fav because the the gospel of our salvation is found therein. I focus on Romans - Philemon.

It's really as simple as hearing, understanding and believing, but reading it helps immensely !!

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

J Breeze

I read the same book over and over; the Bible. Paul's epistles are my fav because the the gospel of our salvation is found therein. I focus on Romans - Philemon.

It's really as simple as hearing, understanding and believing, but reading it helps immensely !!

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV -
I'll direct my reading there; thank you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The difference between our faith and every other belief system is the difference between "advice" and "news". Yeshua didn't just come to give advice. He came to bear our debt, to pay for the penalty of our sins (the wages of sin is death), so that we could be free to forgive one another as he forgave us. Its not advice that is the message of the bible, but it is news, good news. The news that God has intervened on our behalf, and has provided forgiveness for our sins.
We are beings that need unconditional all accepting love. Our problem is that none of us know how to give this kind of love because all of our love is conditional in some way and is self serving. But God who is the embodiment of love, and who does not need love, became a willing sacrifice and gave his life as a ransom for sin. Why? Because we needed love. And so that we could receive the kind of love we as beings so desperately needed - unconditional, accepting love and so that we could become the kind of people He created us to be.

It's not what we can do for God but what He has done for us. He entered "our world," He took on
"our humanity," He bore "our sins," He died "our death, "He was resurrected for "our life," He's coming again for "our glorification."
Paul in his letter to the Romans is urging us on the basis of all that he taught on, on the basis of all that has been done, he urges us to become living sacrifices:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1, 2 KJV)
"therefore" meaning all Paul taught concerning grace and mercy, we have become thru Christ the objects of God's omnipotent, eternal love.

If we have not understood all that the mercies of God has done, if we have not understood doctrinally and theologically deep enough, all that Messiah has accomplished for us, then we have become useless to him. God is calling us to live our lives as living sacrifices unto him. Our problem is, we are so prideful that we are not willing to give up anything for others. When a sacrifice was laid upon the altar there was a great deal of suffering involved, the animal experienced pain and suffering. What are we willing to give up? What are we willing to place upon the altar? So that we can become a blessing to others, and become servants of the Most High God?

J Breeze

The difference between our faith and every other belief system is the difference between "advice" and "news". Yeshua didn't just come to give advice. He came to bear our debt, to pay for the penalty of our sins (the wages of sin is death), so that we could be free to forgive one another as he forgave us. Its not advice that is the message of the bible, but it is news, good news. The news that God has intervened on our behalf, and has provided forgiveness for our sins.
We are beings that need unconditional all accepting love. Our problem is that none of us know how to give this kind of love because all of our love is conditional in some way and is self serving. But God who is the embodiment of love, and who does not need love, became a willing sacrifice and gave his life as a ransom for sin. Why? Because we needed love. And so that we could receive the kind of love we as beings so desperately needed - unconditional, accepting love and so that we could become the kind of people He created us to be.

It's not what we can do for God but what He has done for us. He entered "our world," He took on
"our humanity," He bore "our sins," He died "our death, "He was resurrected for "our life," He's coming again for "our glorification."
Paul in his letter to the Romans is urging us on the basis of all that he taught on, on the basis of all that has been done, he urges us to become living sacrifices:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1, 2 KJV)
"therefore" meaning all Paul taught concerning grace and mercy, we have become thru Christ the objects of God's omnipotent, eternal love.

If we have not understood all that the mercies of God has done, if we have not understood doctrinally and theologically deep enough, all that Messiah has accomplished for us, then we have become useless to him. God is calling us to live our lives as living sacrifices unto him. Our problem is, we are so prideful that we are not willing to give up anything for others. When a sacrifice was laid upon the altar there was a great deal of suffering involved, the animal experienced pain and suffering. What are we willing to give up? What are we willing to place upon the altar? So that we can become a blessing to others, and become servants of the Most High God?
Thank you for your input; there are some very good questions there and I agree...suffering is common in today's world and we must adapt. I think God wants to test us at times and prove our faith; similar to that of Abraham...perhaps not sacrificing one's own child though. With that being said the Lord provided a lamb as Abraham proved his faith - the wonders of God are profound.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hello,

My name is Joshua, I am 21 years old and a fairly new Christian. I have much to learn and explore and I am hoping to learn lots from members here.
I like reading and writing, these are a love of mine.

:wave2: Welcome!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
˙ǝuıɯ ɟo ǝʌoן ɐ ǝɹɐ ǝsǝɥʇ 'ƃuıʇıɹʍ puɐ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝʞıן ı
˙ǝɹǝɥ sɹǝqɯǝɯ ɯoɹɟ sʇoן uɹɐǝן oʇ ƃuıdoɥ ɯɐ ı puɐ ǝɹoןdxǝ puɐ uɹɐǝן oʇ ɥɔnɯ ǝʌɐɥ ı ˙uɐıʇsıɹɥɔ ʍǝu ʎןɹıɐɟ ɐ puɐ pןo sɹɐǝʎ 12 ɯɐ ı 'ɐnɥsoɾ sı ǝɯɐu ʎɯ

'oןןǝɥ

¡ǝɯoɔןǝʍ

AMR