Introduction

Grandpa Paul

Dear Friends:

I am new here and hope to interract from time to time on important matters. My background includes early childhood in the 7th Day Adventist Church, teenage years in the Foursquare Church, then Southern Baptist, with most of the years of building a family involved in non-denominational Bible churches, and finally, becoming closest to the way the Christian Faith is expressed in Covenantal and Reformed Christianity. Quite a journey...and an "evolution", you might say.
My beloved Jackie and I will celebrate 32 years together this July 2011. 5 children and their marriage partners are a tremendous blessing, and especially, 9 grandkids, ranging in age from 1 in the womb to 9 years old, six girls and three little men!
Among the views which I believe can contribute to a widespread evangelical Christian revival, in spite of being extremely controversial, is the debate over how much of Christ's prophetic words in the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21) was completed in the events of the First Century War between Rome and Jerusalaem.

bybee

Dear Friends:

I am new here and hope to interract from time to time on important matters. My background includes early childhood in the 7th Day Adventist Church, teenage years in the Foursquare Church, then Southern Baptist, with most of the years of building a family involved in non-denominational Bible churches, and finally, becoming closest to the way the Christian Faith is expressed in Covenantal and Reformed Christianity. Quite a journey...and an "evolution", you might say.
My beloved Jackie and I will celebrate 32 years together this July 2011. 5 children and their marriage partners are a tremendous blessing, and especially, 9 grandkids, ranging in age from 1 in the womb to 9 years old, six girls and three little men!
Among the views which I believe can contribute to a widespread evangelical Christian revival, in spite of being extremely controversial, is the debate over how much of Christ's prophetic words in the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21) was completed in the events of the First Century War between Rome and Jerusalaem.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

genuineoriginal

I have been in a few debates like that myself. Please start a thread on the topic in the Exclusively Christian Theology forum, and I will be glad to join in.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
welcome to TOL
what about Revelation?
can you connect any of the Olivet Discourse to it?

Samstarrett

Pensavo che avevamo bisogno d'un contraposto allo spagnolo del nostro amico ben amato Town Heretic. Per alcuna ragione, sembra che gli Americanati pensino che lo spagnolo è la sola lingua romanza.

In giustizia, ho letto un posto da Town Heretic in cui lui usava l'italiano, così forse c'è speranza per lui. Nondimeno, il problema è endemico.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Pensavo che avevamo bisogno d'un contraposto allo spagnolo del nostro amico ben amato Town Heretic. Per alcuna ragione, sembra che gli Americanati pensino che lo spagnolo è la sola lingua romanza.

In giustizia, ho letto un posto da Town Heretic in cui lui usava l'italiano, così forse c'è speranza per lui. Nondimeno, il problema è endemico.

Se non è vero, è ben trovato. :eek:

John Mortimer

Hello!

So...... you were exposed to the teachings of Aimee Semple McPherson??

What did you think of them and what's the story behind your moving on?

:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Non ho capito cosa vuoi dire quando dici "ben trovato". Solo conoscevo questa parola nel senso di 'find', così ho guardato nel mio dizionario, ma non ho trovato là un significato che farebbe questa frase avere senso.

I thought I recalled it correctly. My conjugation and/or memory might be slipping. It should translate, roughly: if it's not true, it's well done/conceived/put...