Introduction: I am not an open theist

BrianJOrr

Stripe,

I just mean that I am looking for views from open theists that are well supported in Scripture and cogent to the discussion of theology proper. It's important that people hold to a view not because they were drawn in by emotive words, without ever working through the Scriptures and thinking through the view they say is of the God of the Bible.

I charge many atheists and agnostics with the same way of thinking. They adopt a slogan from a prominent scientist or philosopher without ever actually examining the view they are now going to hold to as truth. The same goes with many Christians as well, unfortunately.

That's all.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just mean that I am looking for views from open theists that are well supported in Scripture and cogent to the discussion of theology proper.

It sounds like you are talking about the argument instead of presenting a case.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I will start asking questions when I get permitted into the open theism forum

As you are not an open theist, you may not be allowed access to the forum. It us a forum where those of like mind can discuss open theism. You would be a disruptive influence so, you might just start asking your questions.

BrianJOrr

What scholarly works have been written directly in response to John Frame's and Bruce Ware's work? I have several journal article from Boyd, Sanders, and Pinnock responding to Ware but nothing book-length addressing the issues raised by Frame and Ware. Thanks

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mate, you need to get up to speed. Talking about what other people say is boring. Tell us what you think and we'll tell you what we think. That's interesting. :up: