Intellectual Idiots

Jerry Shugart

I said
Where is the revelation?

Gal 1:15-19
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,
16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.
(NKJ)

Do you not see the word "revealed" at verse 16?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you not see the word "revealed" at verse 16?

I said
Read the revelation on the revelations of Jesus Christ. We have things revealed to us in the milk understanding, and the meat understanding. But neither of them is the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Tnkrbl123!

I see no evidence in the Bible which speaks of "three years" or "eleven years"? Are you sure that you are reasoning out of the Scriptures?

I have brought this same point up many times. He thinks because that is how long it took him then that is how long it takes everybody. He uses the verses "Paul stayed 3 years there and then travelled to Jerusalem" to make this point but really it is nonbiblical as I know you know. If you can get a reasonable answer by "quoting verses" from him on where in the entirety of the Scriptures it says anything at all about 3 and 11 years PLEASE let me know lol

Tnkrbl123!

I said
You are a good example of an intellectual. What you just said makes sense to you. Not to me. But I'm not an intellectual.

God blesses some people with more intelligence than others, there is no shame in being either more or less educated than anyone else. If you have a ton of education, or if you are illiterate it makes no difference to the Lord and He loves us just the same. But you cannot judge or condemn or look down upon or treat someone with high intelligence or education as "less than." Because we know that the Lord gives the blessing of intelligence right? So if someone is very educated or intelligence and is able to express themselves in an academic way more so than others it cannot be put on them as a fault Squeaky. You cannot look down upon someone who has high intelligence or treat it as if it a bad thing, just in the same way you cannot look down upon someone who cannot read. Our brains and minds are given by God and they are both equally beautiful

Tnkrbl123!

I said
Then you haven't read the revelations on "Milk understanding" and "Meat understanding.

but Squeaky I know you think they are "revelations" given to you by God and that is ok if it helps you, but this concept is not Biblical and is not the same for everyone and is not a universal rule so it is an extra Biblical revelation and it is not divinely inspired scripture so we cannot take this, and you should not and can not push this "revelation" on everyone and call it as Truth that applies to everyone because it is not in the Bible therefore it is not Divine Truth. It may be the way it worked for you but it is not the way it is for everyone. Think of the people who live in villages where they have absolutely no Bible and no ability to read but someone came and told them about Jesus and they believed. They may never have a Bible and never know the Scriptures but they believed in the name of Jesus His life, death and resurection and His sacrifice for our sins in order for us to be reconciled to Him forever. If that's all they ever have or all they ever know but they believe and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior they will be given the Holy Spirit and will be just as much or even more Christian than you or I. Having and memorizing the Bible does not affect our salvation or receiving the Holy SPIRIT. in fact 90% or more people in the ancient world were illiterate and there was only 1 Bible for every city (if that) and most never knew much scripture because it just was not accessible...but many are probably stronger Christians and have more power from the Holy Spirit than you or I.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I have brought this same point up many times. He thinks because that is how long it took him then that is how long it takes everybody. He uses the verses "Paul stayed 3 years there and then travelled to Jerusalem" to make this point but really it is nonbiblical as I know you know. If you can get a reasonable answer by "quoting verses" from him on where in the entirety of the Scriptures it says anything at all about 3 and 11 years PLEASE let me know lol

it just a madeup religion - the religion of Squeakyanity - that squeaky uses to troll websites like TOL

ya gotta feel sorry for the sad little troll - he's been banned from most every other Christian site on the www

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol How many times must I keep showing you?

Gal 1:15-18
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,
16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
(NKJ)

Now take the fourteen and subtract 3.

Gal 2:1-2

1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God blesses some people with more intelligence than others, there is no shame in being either more or less educated than anyone else. If you have a ton of education, or if you are illiterate it makes no difference to the Lord and He loves us just the same. But you cannot judge or condemn or look down upon or treat someone with high intelligence or education as "less than." Because we know that the Lord gives the blessing of intelligence right? So if someone is very educated or intelligence and is able to express themselves in an academic way more so than others it cannot be put on them as a fault Squeaky. You cannot look down upon someone who has high intelligence or treat it as if it a bad thing, just in the same way you cannot look down upon someone who cannot read. Our brains and minds are given by God and they are both equally beautiful

I said
I never done that. God did.

1 Cor 1:21
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:25-29
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
but Squeaky I know you think they are "revelations" given to you by God and that is ok if it helps you, but this concept is not Biblical and is not the same for everyone and is not a universal rule so it is an extra Biblical revelation and it is not divinely inspired scripture so we cannot take this, and you should not and can not push this "revelation" on everyone and call it as Truth that applies to everyone because it is not in the Bible therefore it is not Divine Truth. It may be the way it worked for you but it is not the way it is for everyone. Think of the people who live in villages where they have absolutely no Bible and no ability to read but someone came and told them about Jesus and they believed. They may never have a Bible and never know the Scriptures but they believed in the name of Jesus His life, death and resurection and His sacrifice for our sins in order for us to be reconciled to Him forever. If that's all they ever have or all they ever know but they believe and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior they will be given the Holy Spirit and will be just as much or even more Christian than you or I. Having and memorizing the Bible does not affect our salvation or receiving the Holy SPIRIT. in fact 90% or more people in the ancient world were illiterate and there was only 1 Bible for every city (if that) and most never knew much scripture because it just was not accessible...but many are probably stronger Christians and have more power from the Holy Spirit than you or I.

I said
You are becoming a regular naysayer. No evidence, no proof, just wild accusations. Remember everything I have said I have proved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The devil deceived Eve with logic.

2Co 11:3

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The intellect fights against the Spirit.

Gal 5:14-18
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Without the Holy Spirit giving you verses and supporting you. All you have is a theology. And theology is spiritual theory. And theory is guessing.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 Cor 1:19-21
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Intellectual idiots think that carnal words have authority over the verses. They are deceived, nothing has authority over the Word of God-verses.