I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I don't mind a forum bias, I don't mind heated debate. But when trolls and members are protected from following the rules that the rest of us are subject to, it isn't fun anymore. It becomes personal and uncritical. People of a liberal background are punished/banned for simply stating their views while members such as doser, stripe, and aCW are welcomed (and encouraged) to take personal cheap shots at other members. I will simply take my ball (and money) and go home.

To those of you that I enjoyed talking with, Arthur Brain, A4T, ByByee, Town Heretic; it was fun. I am happy to know you.

Cheers.

:cheers:

I haven't really gotten to know you, but I hate to see you leave. I do understand, however. I had to take a few breaks when I posted a few years ago as a theist. Even if you do go, you've got to respect how open TOL is about it's bias. Posters who share the view of the owner/operator have always gotten more leeway. In any event, I wish you well. :wave2:

You have to have a thick skin to survive on TOL. It isn't like other forums. We don't hide our bias.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't mind a forum bias, I don't mind heated debate. But when trolls and members are protected from following the rules that the rest of us are subject to, it isn't fun anymore. It becomes personal and uncritical. People of a liberal background are punished/banned for simply stating their views while members such as doser, stripe, and aCW are welcomed (and encouraged) to take personal cheap shots at other members. I will simply take my ball (and money) and go home.

To those of you that I enjoyed talking with, Arthur Brain, A4T, ByByee, Town Heretic; it was fun. I am happy to know you.

What's so frustrating is that you have me blocked (Que knows his limitations when it comes to debate) and won't even be able to see these words:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Survivor20130925lGIF.gif

quip

BANNED
Banned

Cheers.

Their hypocrisy is what makes it fun! :banana:

Sorry you feel that way though....we could've used your voice.

bybee

Cheers.

I understand. It is a shame to lose you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Cheers.

I hope you reconsider and I'm sorry to see you go, otherwise. It's not for everyone, but when you've been here a while or if you return and stick around I think you'll find time lends a certain perspective to the trolls and baiters and out and out doofi who will do their best to grab your attention without the least intent on doing much with it.

There are many more interesting and worthwhile people around here---and not just moderates and left wingers. :D There are people of varying beliefs and ideologies here who could be counted on for reasonable difference and amiable debate and even encouragement.

Some of my favorite people here couldn't differ more strongly with me on any number of subjects. I have friends who are right wing Christians and friends who left wing atheists and the common thread among them is the maturity to recognize that our passions are our own and the next fellow is as entitled. Mutual respect can exist along most, though not all, lines of difference. I wish you'd stuck around long enough to experience that for yourself.

Who knows, maybe you'll rethink it once you've taken a breath or two. That would suit me.

they protected you from me you pathetic little whiner
You'll have to forgive chrys. It's all the meanness around here. Drives him to distraction.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's so frustrating is that you have me blocked (Que knows his limitations when it comes to debate) and won't even be able to see these words:

OR ... perhaps he got tired of the migraines associated with the eye rolling that walks hand in hand with reading your posts. ...

glorydaz

You'll have to forgive chrys. It's all the meanness around here. Drives him to distraction.

Some people can't handle the rain, either, but there wouldn't be flowers without it.

Maybe a better analogy would be that we wouldn't enjoy good health if we hadn't spent a few nights throwing up in a bucket.

Or maybe I should just shut up and forget about it. ;)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey Q,

You have high rep power. You must have tons of supporters. Why do you leave? You know very well you cannot make everyone like you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Cheers.

So, are you leaving or staying?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

OR ... perhaps he got tired of the migraines associated with the eye rolling that walks hand in hand with reading your posts. ...

There's a cure for the type of migraines that Que and his fellow pagans and atheists are afflicted with:

Acknowledging God's Word as the absolute Truth.

bybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

There's a cure for the type of migraines that Que and his fellow pagans and atheists are afflicted with:

Acknowledging God's Word as the absolute Truth.

And I had so hoped that through loving discourse I might have an influence on him but now of course that shall not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.