ECT If your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who proclaim temporary eternal life, getting unborn again or unsealed, do not understand scripture nor even trust God, therefore should spend less time on message boards and more time learning what they're trying to comment on, at which point they may begin to speak of trust and faith in the Lord, instead of voicing doubts that reveal their lack of any strong faith in the very promises of God. Also, if you are led of the Holy Spirit, you KNOW God, and are SURE in that knowledge of the One living in you, and a clear understanding of what is, actually, basic, baby's milk doctrine in scripture many of you dispute over, all day long, only demonstrating you're wallowing in error over the very basics of saving faith, basics many children in Sunday school understand, better than you do.

For now, you naysayers would do well to stop making fools of yourselves and demonstrating to everybody with eyes to see you don't really understand the word of God.

I would just like to say that you are not one of the OSAS believers I was referring to when I told GD that I generally respect your sincere beliefs.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The issue is born again of the Holy Spirit, or not. When it clicks there are fake Christians in all congregations, that Bible sermons are to a mixed congregation of virgins with and without oil in their lamps, the latter being repeatedly and fairly warned to repent, the fact of wheat and tares, and the unrepentant in all congregations; that there are those the Lord does not really know who profess Christ, but do not possess Christ, that is, the Spirit of Christ, then all will become clear as to why there are warnings in scripture, which you will even see in such as the structure of pronouns, like a "they" versus "you" in such as Hebrews 6.

Those who proclaim temporary eternal life, getting unborn again or unsealed, do not understand scripture nor even trust God, therefore should spend less time on message boards and more time learning what they're trying to comment on, at which point they may begin to speak of trust and faith in the Lord, instead of voicing doubts that reveal their lack of any strong faith in the very promises of God. Also, if you are led of the Holy Spirit, you KNOW God, and are SURE in that knowledge of the One living in you, and a clear understanding of what is, actually, basic, baby's milk doctrine in scripture many of you dispute over, all day long, only demonstrating you're wallowing in error over the very basics of saving faith, basics many children in Sunday school understand, better than you do.

For now, you naysayers would do well to stop making fools of yourselves and demonstrating to everybody with eyes to see you don't really understand the word of God.

OSAS: 101 Bible Reasons Proving Eternal Security​

Great post

glorydaz

An explanation is here.
OSAS argues as follows: except when I become a Christian, my faith (my choice to believe) plays no role in my salvation.

Ah, a double standard. Thanks for the link.

There is a lot I could say in response, but where to start?

1. I didn't choose to believe. I was persuaded when I heard the Gospel. It was a heart change...the truth has that power, and God saw that change, sent His Spirit to dwell in me as His SEAL of ownership. I just sat back and marveled.

2. I liked the analogy Clete gave yesterday on his thread.....his sister gave him a really nice watch. He did nothing to deserve the watch or earn it. It was a gift bestowed upon him.

3. Special pleading is an apt description. Once we have been bought (adopted) by God, we move into the big house. We no longer have to fend for ourselves on the dark and dangerous streets of this world. Inside the protected area where we find ourselves, we are loved, trained, chastened, kept, and conformed into the image of the only begotten Son of God. No fear or doubt here.

glorydaz

Having confidence and amazing hope of God fulfilling His promises doesn't mean we take God for granted.

I lived with anxiety when after knowing God and Christ were truth and I deliberately said no God I'm doing what I want. I lost my fear of God and I lost my hope, my peace, I lost Him.

If you were His, He didn't lose you. You were having a tantrum and He was letting you cool off and learn your lesson in your room. Of course you were miserable. I was miserable when I was a kid sulking in my room, too. :chuckle:

Having come to my senses no doubt by His grace, but my free choice as well, allowed me to fear Him in the way that I should. My decision to surrender to Him brought Him right back, His fruit, His love, His peace.

The cares of this world, the devil are trying to drag us from Him, and they can if we choose to let them.

Love is free!!!! He loves us; He died for us, are we going to love Him back and live for Him, or ourselves?

We can never steal His Glory by doing good through surrender to Him, it is by Grace and the choice He gives us!

You are being conformed into His image. Do you think it's painless? Do you think it's easy? Why do you doubt? Why do you fear? What must He do for you to trust Him with all your heart? Give Him all the credit. You grieve the Spirit when you doubt.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Wouldn't it grieve you if you adopted a child and loved him no matter what he did and assured him as much as you could that he would always be your son.....and he doubted? Think about it.

musterion

Does Paul seem to operate on the assumption that those who are condemned for rejecting Christ did so because they chose to?

Great post

Thank you, but none of that was really mine, except for perhaps the observation Sunday school children understand more than some here who dispute the Lord and His salvation. I don't believe in original thought where exegesis is concerned, prefer to have at least a dozen trustworthy theologians, who know more I do, in agreement, never private interpretations.

The list of faithful Bible teachers is very long, who teach eternal security, because this is what the Bible teaches. I've read a number of writings and sermons from the late 19th and early 20th century, where there were problems with tares trying to bring works salvation, legalism and sinless perfection arguments into churches, trying to sow doubt, many of these subtle lies nothing new. (All of such prophesied and warned against in scripture: false prophets, doctrines of demons, etc.) Nor will you find a cult that doesn't claim a basis in scripture they try to twist, even claims the Bible doesn't mean or say what it says, which I find very lame, these arguments on the basis of "don't believe your lying eyes" with regard to clear scripture. The observation of the pronoun shift in Hebrews 6:9, where Paul, that is the Spirit, shifts from "they" and speaks in the form of "better things of you" to the congregation of those things pertaining to salvation, was from a talk a long time ago on Hebrews, by the brilliant and Spirit-led Lehman Strauss, a great Bible teacher who also wrote some superb commentaries, though he spent a lot of his life as an itinerant preacher. A great man of God.

glorydaz

"But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from inequity."" 2 Timothy 2:19

I've not met one true believer who runs toward iniquity.

A Father who will let us eat with the swine if we choose.

Then the Father well knows that eating with swine will teach his child that good table manners are more appetizing.

glorydaz

Does Paul seem to operate on the assumption that those who are condemned for rejecting Christ did so because they chose to?

Is that question for me? Did I say something to prompt it? It's stopped me in my tracks....one of those trick questions the teacher used to ask that drove me nuts. Did he mean this or did he mean that? :think:

Danoh

Actually, you've just assumed you offended me.

Sometimes, dear brother, you over think things. You've just over thought my post from beginning to end. ;)

Better safe than sorry :)

What a world such an assumption would make "let each esteem other better then themselves," Phi 2:3.

I'll take it, GD.

musterion

Is that question for me? Did I say something to prompt it? It's stopped me in my tracks....one of those trick questions the teacher used to ask that drove me nuts. Did he mean this or did he mean that? :think:

It was meant for the calvinists and is not a trick. Feel free to answer!

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ah, a double standard. Thanks for the link.

There is a lot I could say in response, but where to start?

1. I didn't choose to believe. I was persuaded when I heard the Gospel. It was a heart change...the truth has that power, and God saw that change, sent His Spirit to dwell in me as His SEAL of ownership. I just sat back and marveled.

2. I liked the analogy Clete gave yesterday on his thread.....his sister gave him a really nice watch. He did nothing to deserve the watch or earn it. It was a gift bestowed upon him.

3. Special pleading is an apt description. Once we have been bought (adopted) by God, we move into the big house. We no longer have to fend for ourselves on the dark and dangerous streets of this world. Inside the protected area where we find ourselves, we are loved, trained, chastened, kept, and conformed into the image of the only begotten Son of God. No fear or doubt here.

What I have bolded. I think you are playing with words. What you are persuaded is only what you allow yourself to be persuaded. Look at it any which way but it is your own choice in operation here. You may have sat back and marvelled but you chose to do that.

I also gave an analogy in my earlier post. I chose to live in the house I am in now. But I did absolutely nothing to get it built. But this does not make OSAS true. I can leave the house any time I want to as well. (Sort of.) And I also agree with your point 3. Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ. But that has nothing to do with OSAS. I know I am totally secure in my house. But as I said, nothing is stopping me moving and going to live somewhere else. (At a practical level of course a lot is stopping me. It's a big expense which I could not afford now and I have family to consider, schools for the children, friendships and so on. The same is true with faith. It becomes a part of you and thence becomes very difficult to move away from practically. But the option is always there.

glorydaz

Better safe than sorry :)

What a world such an assumption would make "let each esteem other better then themselves," Phi 2:3.

I'll take it, GD.

Yeah, safe is always better. Kinda like a good run is better than a poor stand. :chuckle:

I'm not sure what you'll "take", but it better not be something I want or need. ;)

glorydaz

What I have bolded. I think you are playing with words. What you are persuaded is only what you allow yourself to be persuaded. Look at it any which way but it is your own choice in operation here. You may have sat back and marvelled but you chose to do that.

If I'm playing with words, it's news to me. Here's my analogy - If I look out the window and see rain falling from the sky, I'm "allowing myself to be persuaded" it's raining? Really? On the contrary, I'd have to do some pretty serious arguing with myself to deny the truth before me.

I also gave an analogy in my earlier post. I chose to live in the house I am in now. But I did absolutely nothing to get it built. But this does not make OSAS true. I can leave the house any time I want to as well. (Sort of.)

My analogy is much better than yours. :chuckle: You didn't just "choose" to live in the house. You had to search for it and find it and pay money to live there. You have to mow the lawn and repair the roof, etc.

What makes OSAS true is - WHO does the saving but GOD Almighty? He doesn't just give us a helping hand, He gives us LIFE. The word SAVE means taken out of the world and put in the JESUS CHRIST. It means passing from death unto life....given ETERNAL LIFE. You admit God is able to save and keep us, but you refuse to trust Him to keep all those who have been placed into the body of Christ. We are IN the Beloved. Not only are we IN HIM, but we are in the process of being conformed. He certainly isn't going to give up on us and say we aren't worth His effort.

And I also agree with your point 3. Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ. But that has nothing to do with OSAS. I know I am totally secure in my house. But as I said, nothing is stopping me moving and going to live somewhere else. (At a practical level of course a lot is stopping me. It's a big expense which I could not afford now and I have family to consider, schools for the children, friendships and so on. The same is true with faith. It becomes a part of you and thence becomes very difficult to move away from practically. But the option is always there.

No, the option is not always there. You may not become all you could become, but you have been caught....you're already safe in the hold of the boat on your way to the other side. You have children.....they may disappoint you, but would you ever give up on them? God is a better parent that you are...than I am. Our children can turn their back on us, but they never stop being our children.

Jamie Gigliotti

If you were His, He didn't lose you. You were having a tantrum and He was letting you cool off and learn your lesson in your room. Of course you were miserable. I was miserable when I was a kid sulking in my room, too. :chuckle:

You are being conformed into His image. Do you think it's painless? Do you think it's easy? Why do you doubt? Why do you fear? What must He do for you to trust Him with all your heart? Give Him all the credit. You grieve the Spirit when you doubt.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Wouldn't it grieve you if you adopted a child and loved him no matter what he did and assured him as much as you could that he would always be your son.....and he doubted? Think about it.
Why should I doubt His word? He says perfect Holiness in the fear of God, He says be watchful the Devil is prowling. In not gonna ignore His words. Especially when the Devil was close to dragging me to Hell, by ignoring His words before.

Taking our freewill away, Makes him a puppeteer and you a Calvinist.

Nothing can take away His glory, the cross, His love, especially not us freely loving Him back, which He paid so dearly in hopes that we will. He is a jealous God because He wants our love.