Idolizing The Bible?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't see how.
[Jhn 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

GarnetVeron

My thought is this: the Word in John 1:1 is Jesus, pre advent. So it would follow that the Bible is not the Word, but it bears witness to the Word. So if we elevate the Bible to being the Word of God is that idolatry or deifying it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The KJV was taken from all these versions. The 1611 KJV was the one who added "He" in place of "IT". The He was added to give the Word authority. God is neither male nor female and we call Him a "He". The Holy Spirit is neither male nor female and we call Him a "He". He is a Spiritual title of authority. And the KJV wanted to give the Word(verses) the same title of authority. It was never meant to say that Jesus is the Word. The Word came through Jesus. And the Word can control flesh or become flesh.

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men

Bishops 1568:
Joh 1:1 In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made. 4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God. 2 This same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

And now our modern Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. " 2 This was in the beginning toward God. 3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

Its easy to prove Jesus is not the Word of God. The Word came through Jesus from God.

John 1:17-18
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
(NKJ)

john w

Hall of Fame
This "idolize/deify/worship scripture" charge is a scam, devious, an emotional ploy by those that typically are self righteous, coached in words such as. "Well, the Holy Spirit is my teacher....," and all that jazz, and by those who resist authority.

And the people of the LORD God, members of the boc do not "idolize/deify/worship" the stones, papyrus, paper, upon which scripture is written......if this were true-it is the words that we.....(below):

The Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the awe, the magnification, the esteem, the "fear"/respect/trembling we are commanded to have for the word of God, as we are to glorify it:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food" Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161 KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2 KJV

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah 66:2 KJV

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48 KJV

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1 KJV

Thus, the people of the LORD God are to esteem, praise,magnify, and glorify what the LORD God esteems, praises, magnifies, glorifies, His word, and to be in awe of, trembleth at, that same word.

And yet these dishonest scoffers, refer to this as "idolizing/deifying/worshiping" the scriptures, the scriptures by which, yes, the LORD God has chosen, to objectively reveal Himself, through objective words. Hmmphhf!!!

Thus, this thread I have now officially closed this thread....EOT. DOA.RIP.CLOSED.

DOA_LOGO_MAIN_3.png

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAxEAAAAJDkzZjZmMWQ2LTI1NzctNDNkYS04NmM3LWQwOTI4OTI4ZWI4Nw.jpg

closed-out-of-business.jpg

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think it's possible Christians can idolize/deify scripture?
If you worship your bible, versus the Author of it, then you are creating an idol.

Instead, treasure it for it is the revealed word of God.

AMR

TOL User

BANNED
Banned

yes... John 6:36-43;46-47 "But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

"For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"

clefty

One can make idol not just by elevating it but by falsefying it...

The disobedient and unfaithful hebrews made a golden calf and believed it to be to Him...Aaron supported it...they didnt elevate or adore or venerate it more than Him...but that it was falsyfying HIM is what made it an abomination...

Christians also constantly make Jesus an idol...elevating what they see Him as above what He taught and did as our example...ascribing to Him that which is NOT true...thus counterfeiting their worship and relationship to the True...idolizing Him

Literally taking His Name in vain...for naught...believing and obeying not Him His way but the traditions of man...making His power idle...creating an abomination of desolation...

Ascribing something as true to that which is not true does that...that is also idolatry...

May He lead...