"I want to be a mother first"

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
All mothers who stay home are not perfect mothers, all mothers who work aren't bad mothers.

A completely meaningless sentiment.

The 'bad mother' epidemic started with women working instead of being full time mothers. So there's that- selfishness, just like record abortion and divorce.

The problem I have with women's qualms is very simple- they want men to cater to something that is destructive, so that they can feel fulfilled as a man and remain a woman.

Makes one wonder why God even created mankind as male and female, and not simply asexual- but that's an entirely wasted perspective to an apostate like yourself :wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
do you?
do you see being a mother is job one?

You know damn well I do. I lived it.

I'll forgive a lapse in memory from you but not a claim to ignorance about it because we've interacted many times. Here's one:

That's why I said strong and feminine. It is possible to be both, you know.

Feminine as in soft, nurturing and caring in nestling a baby, kissing away his tears and his booboos, helping a young one learn how to tie his shoes, care for a baby puppy, rocking him back to sleep after a bad dream, all of those things and many, many more ways of being gentle and feminine.

And strong - as in wiping the bottom of a dying father who could no longer control his bodily functions with as much care and love as I wiped the bottoms of my babies. Of watching the bodies of two loved ones zipped into body bags, and handling the mortuary details with calmness, of countless sleepless nights at the ER, of fighting for my life twice after childbirth complications, of crawling on the floor to the bathroom to throw up while taking care of three kids under the age of six also throwing up, of standing up to arrogant doctors who though they were God in the defense and protection of my loved ones in hospital, of countless dinners cooked, laundry loads washed, toilets cleaned, baseball, soccer and track events cheered, groceries shopped, doctor's visits scheduled, leaves raked, garden weeded, windows washed, vomit cleaned up from car seats, floors, beds, and little bodies, prescriptions filled... usually with inadequate sleep and while fending off sexual harassment from men who see themselves as strong and women as weak.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As I recall, in that thread you may have come to the realization that you're more of a feminist than you had thought, because if you could get a woman to vote the way you wanted her to, you'd want her to make that vote.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Go shovel concrete in scorching heat or snow in arctic weather for thirty years. Deal with consistent obligation to protect and be held accountable at all times- then tell me how women are as strong and resilient as men.

Women are half as likely to be assaulted, and yet twice as likely to have PTSD. Throwing a wet paper bag at a woman can result in a ruined life, and they can make a mistake and still opt out of parenthood, and yet they are the primary recipients of benefits.

I don't see what the continued fuss is about, Anna:

Men are privileged with being men, something you do not want to be. Therefore, it is women who are privileged, and if they can't stay in their place than don't whine about what comes of it :wave2:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You know damn well I do. I lived it.

I'll forgive a lapse in memory from you but not a claim to ignorance about it because we've interacted many times. Here's one:

I am not talking about feminine -
that word has not been corrupted -
feminism has been corrupted
-and-
it cannot be defended
-
it kills babies

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am not talking about feminine -
that word has not been corrupted -
feminism has been corrupted
-and-
it cannot be defended
-
it kills babies

Yes, feminism can be defended. And no, it doesn't automatically follow that a feminist despises motherhood, which is what you're trying to put across.