I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable and accredited!

ChristianMaker

First off let me describe my situation. I am thirty one years old and certainly tired of waiting to advance in my Christian faith. I need facts and I need them now! So please give me as much detailed information as you possibly can.

I just got married in July and my wife and I are staying with family in a rather large house. We do not have much as bills with no children but are hungry for the Lord. I have made plenty of money in the past and can do again in the future if I needed to; but that is not where the Lord will have me. That is just an empty road. I have learned that money doesn’t bring happiness nor does it keep out the rain. I am currently working part time making much less and she might be getting another second part time job to make ends meet and save some money.

What I am trying to say is that we are in the situation by choice entirely. We are trying to save are pennies; get our certifications; degrees and have time for ourselves while at the same time spend time with family. We are by no means hurting but also by no means well off. She already has a degree and is currently seeking a certification and I am going to a community college for business world and working part time.

What I need is a real and practical solution to a bible college that is accredited and realistic; and what I mean realistic is extremely affordable with a good reputation. I am looking for a college to where I can take classes at a reasonable rate or at my own pace. Take a few here and there part time or full time or maybe even just one at a time. As far as prices go anything close to 400 or even 200 is absolutely crazy per credit hour. I mean how in the world is someone suppose to be able to afford 1200.00 per class. I can be somewhat flexible on some of these things but I need a good balance of everything. I wouldn’t mind actual books too and not just CDs or mp3s. I think someone else mentioned that once before. Also someone else said you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Well it 2011 with technology today I would think you could have your cake and eat it too but I could be wrong. So if I am just hit it between my eyes and tell me my facts.

To sum it up I am just looking for a clean good bible college that is accredited with a good reputation so that when I am finished with all of my schooling in any capacity with my secular degree and my biblical degree I can go in any direction God has for me. I do not want to end up creek without a paddle because I made the wrong decision and cut corners. Money is a concern because if it is expensive I just can’t go. And where does that leave me?

Considerations from raw internet searching:

Accredited

Moody Bible Institute / Global University / South African Theological Seminary / Etc …

Non-Accredited

Andersonville Theological / Columbia Evangelical Seminary / Etc …

The above credited options are still between 150-200 per semester hour. So basically even the cheaper accredited colleges are going to cost me over 500.00 per class? Are you serious? How is anyone suppose to afford that? Or do I just have the all wrong?
The non-accredited schools seem to be my only financial solution needing any under 100.00 per credit hour. One just takes the chance that his Biblical Degree might not have as much spunk as his accredited counterpart.
I guess what I am thinking if I am looking at this for more of hobby reasons like casual discipleship for the Lord in my church and personal growth the non-accredited colleges would be a fine choice? Or would they? If I wanted to one day branch out and do something professional for the Lord I would need to go into debt and partake in a more expensive school? Is that what everyone is telling me?
Well anyhow thank you so much for taking the time in reading my thread. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated and well taken. So let’s blow up this thread and figure some things out.

Lon

No, you are quite right, it is about $500 per class (same as for most any college course).

That said, it is hard to beat free (unaccredited).

keypurr

Save your money and get a full time job then bring Christ to that job. Otherwise you will be spending all your time learning and not bringing folks Jesus. You do not need a pulpit to spread the word.
Peace

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last edited:

Letsargue

Save your money and get a full time job then bring Christ to that job. Otherwise you will be spending all your time learning and not bringing folks Jesus. You do not need a pulpit to spread the word.
Peace

I thought the Scriptures are for learning and correction, didn't you!!

I guess the geniuses have to go to ~~school~~ to learn about their false god!!

Paul -- 121611

Heretic

First off let me describe my situation. I am thirty one years old and certainly tired of waiting to advance in my Christian faith. I need facts and I need them now! So please give me as much detailed information as you possibly can.

I just got married in July and my wife and I are staying with family in a rather large house. We do not have much as bills with no children but are hungry for the Lord. I have made plenty of money in the past and can do again in the future if I needed to;
Peace

Go back to work and make all the money you can, then give 90% of what you make to some slick silver tongued mega church pastor or some smooth talking televangelist so they can live better than you and still not deliver the gospel.

This keypurr person is right on imparting the gospel at work just do it, these bible seminary colleges just want a person to learn more and more so you can have a lot of wall paper.

Pick out a category, those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. Goggle man google, do the homework, if you pick cheap you'll get cheap instruction, if you expensive you'll a the same thing at a higher price. Go take a course how to win souls and then go do it.

Lon

LOL. It CRACKS ME UP when those who have never bothered to take a course, maybe not even when their church offers one, chime in with their know-it-all attitude usurping the place of said schools and churches, with their own uneducated ignorant imperializing advice!

I'm not even going to field counter-points here. It is so obviously ignorant, none of them will be able to get out of the hole they just dug themselves into, but watch the shovels fly for trying!

Oh you own little kingdom, kings and queens! :rotfl:

Lon

This link for Christian Education just popped up in the TOL banners. No idea if it is any good, but thought I'd pass it along.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Considerations from raw internet searching:

Accredited

Moody Bible Institute / Global University / South African Theological Seminary / Etc …

Non-Accredited

Andersonville Theological / Columbia Evangelical Seminary / Etc …

I think class room participation has a greater advantage because of the student to teacher and student to student interaction, but distance learning lets the student set their own pace.

Moody Bible Institute, Distance Learning. This may be worth a try.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God taught me an INvaluable lesson when I was first saved, from Ruth I learned this "Go and glean after the reapers"

Learn from people who have won souls and are winning souls. It is not the mind of soulwinners we need, for precise theology is not requisite, but it is the heart of soulwinners we need.

The better our theology the better our service.