I Lost My Mom/Calvinism is worse than Scum on the Bottom of a Dung Beatles Shoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

Also know that you're an *** for saying, "Hey, I am sorry your mother died but..."
Please don't misquote me musterion, a rather gratuitous and obvious attempt to make up your own context merely to be obnoxious apparently, it does your credibility no favours at all. :AMR:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
So I lost my mom a few weeks ago. Hardest thing I've ever had to go through. If I have to hear one more time, from one more person, about how it was her time, how God took her, how her days were predestined and it was just her time to go, I think I'm going to smack dab punch them right dead square in the face.

That is all.

So how did you lose her?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
So I lost my mom a few weeks ago. Hardest thing I've ever had to go through. If I have to hear one more time, from one more person, about how it was her time, how God took her, how her days were predestined and it was just her time to go, I think I'm going to smack dab punch them right dead square in the face.

That is all.
The non calvinist Franklin Graham also gives God credit for knowing what he is doing as well as admitting we don't understand why.

alwight

You coupled your condolence with a stupid, completely unnecessary joke. You are without class, taste, propriety or wit. Your forefathers would be shamed to know such a mutant sprung from their loins.
Nevertheless you completely altered the context of what I wrote for your own gratuitous ends.
Also, if you check I made my feelings known in my previous post on this thread. My point on the second post was to combine Calvinism with dung rather as the OP did.
Perhaps you are a Calvinist, if so, tough.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You coupled your condolence with a stupid, completely unnecessary joke. You are without class, taste, propriety or wit. Your forefathers would be shamed to know such a mutant sprung from their loins.

Will you please stop. This isn't the time or place.

I'll leave with these words from a wise man who spoke with authority on the subject of grief:

"I see people, as they approach me, trying to make up their minds whether they'll 'say something about it' or not. I hate if they do, and if they don't."

oatmeal

That is all.

Please accept my condolences for your and your family's loss.

The loss of a loved one is truly a loss.

There is no comfort or solace in the loss of a loved one.

There is comfort in scripture and God's love seeing that God is the God of all comfort. God's word provides true comfort.

People's ignorant attempts to comfort based on conjecture do nothing at best and at worst steals true comfort from them.

God is light and in him is no darkness, I John 1:5

Death is not a welcome friend that brings us immediately into the presence of God, but an enemy that will eventually be destroyed I Corinthians 15:26

Jesus Christ, who always does the Father's will, did not cause death, but made life, not just life but life more abundant available to people.

John 10:10 Who is it that cometh not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy? Not God, not Jesus Christ, but the thief, also known as Satan, the Devil, that old serpent, etc. Revelation 12:9

Who has the power of death? Not God, but who, according to Hebrews 2:14? the Devil

Sin came from the source of evil, who is the devil and with sin came death. Since we all sinned, we are all subject to death, though some Christians will be alive at the gathering of his saints to himself. It is not a sin to die. Believers have died, all believers that are found in scripture have died. (Enoch and Elijah included) Moses died, Jeremiah died, Pete died, Jesus Christ died, Paul died.... They all died. Death is an enemy, but we have the hope of being raised from the dead.

I Corinthians 15:51

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Those who sleep in Jesus will rise up at his coming for us ... and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We are comforted that those who have fallen asleep shall rise from the dead.

No doubt your mother was a sweet lady who did her best for God, if your life is any indication.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Usually when someone loses a loved one they are appreciative of those who are sympathetic. Usually. There are times though when the loss of a loved one demands that the person suffering the loss should strike out against groups of people, whether that be religious groups or racial groups or sexually oriented groups etc. but that is unusual. A certain demand for justice.

The title of this thread leads one to believe that a religious person/persons might have had something to do with the loss.

Maybe when Poly gets over the shear hatred of the group involved an explanation could be had?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
How about this one

I hate Calvinists so much that I will use any pretense to lash out against them.

There are people like that. The title to this thread is unbelievable.

Reactions: Lon

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Me too.

And I'll also do some slapping with ya!

Ready when you are, sister friend! :box:

Seriously, truthsmackin' is the next best thing. That's why TOL is sometimes the best stress reliever on the web.

Please accept my condolences for your and your family's loss.

The loss of a loved one is truly a loss.

There is no comfort or solace in the loss of a loved one.

There is comfort in scripture and God's love seeing that God is the God of all comfort. God's word provides true comfort.

People's ignorant attempts to comfort based on conjecture do nothing at best and at worst steals true comfort from them.

God is light and in him is no darkness, I John 1:5

Death is not a welcome friend that brings us immediately into the presence of God, but an enemy that will eventually be destroyed I Corinthians 15:26

Jesus Christ, who always does the Father's will, did not cause death, but made life, not just life but life more abundant available to people.

John 10:10 Who is it that cometh not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy? Not God, not Jesus Christ, but the thief, also known as Satan, the Devil, that old serpent, etc. Revelation 12:9

Who has the power of death? Not God, but who, according to Hebrews 2:14? the Devil

Sin came from the source of evil, who is the devil and with sin came death. Since we all sinned, we are all subject to death, though some Christians will be alive at the gathering of his saints to himself. It is not a sin to die. Believers have died, all believers that are found in scripture have died. (Enoch and Elijah included) Moses died, Jeremiah died, Pete died, Jesus Christ died, Paul died.... They all died. Death is an enemy, but we have the hope of being raised from the dead.

I Corinthians 15:51

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Those who sleep in Jesus will rise up at his coming for us ... and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We are comforted that those who have fallen asleep shall rise from the dead.

No doubt your mother was a sweet lady who did her best for God, if your life is any indication.

Thank you. You're a jewel.

How about this one

I hate Calvinists so much that I will use any pretense to lash out against them.

There are people like that. The title to this thread is unbelievable.

More like... Calvin was such an idiot who only followed other early church idiots and their false beliefs, causing people to now believe and say false and stupid things. And when it gets personal, over my mom and my God, both of whom I happen to be very zealous over, then as far as I'm concerned, Calvin wasn't even deserving to live off of what drops out of the backside of a pig.

Yep, I'd say thread title fits together perfectly. :up:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Calvin was wrong on limited atonement and the predestination of the lost to hell. Other than those errors he was right.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvin was wrong on limited atonement and the predestination of the lost to hell. Other than those errors he was right.

He might have had a few more errors. Like say, oh I don't know... murder?

HisServant

He might have had a few more errors. Like say, oh I don't know... murder?

Murder in the same kind of sense that we subject people to execution for capital crimes.

Do you considered everyone executed by the US as victims of murder?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Murder in the same kind of sense that we subject people to execution for capital crimes.

Don't even try it.

Calvin considered it a capital crime if your doctrinal beliefs were different than his.

"If he, Servetus, comes to Geneva, I shall never let him go out alive if my authority has weight."

And it certainly did.

Do you considered everyone executed by the US as victims of murder?

No.

Murder because of a different scriptural belief? Absolutely.

And with that, this thread comes to a close.

(Many thanks again for the kind words.)

Status
Not open for further replies.