I hate being a newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyraluthuin

the fact that you seem to be a poster that likes to quibble about things that you know very little about.
That isn't a fact, it's an assumption that you've jumped to. And now, making a newbie thread will probably completely fail to overcome the first impression that has led to my reputation being in the red. I don't get why a distaste for newbie threads is such a huge thing that that's what I'm judged on, rather than my first posts in the Political, Religious, or "and the Rest" threads. Yes, I realize I'm probably still whining and quibbling from your perspective. But it actually comes from the experience of being on boards where mindlessly starting a newbie thread was one of the best ways to gain a bad reputation from the get-go.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That isn't a fact, it's an assumption that you've jumped to. And now, making a newbie thread will probably completely fail to overcome the first impression that has led to my reputation being in the red. I don't get why a distaste for newbie threads is such a huge thing that that's what I'm judged on, rather than my first posts in the Political, Religious, or "and the Rest" threads. Yes, I realize I'm probably still whining and quibbling from your perspective. But it actually comes from the experience of being on boards where mindlessly starting a newbie thread was one of the best ways to gain a bad reputation from the get-go.
I think you are being judged (if you are) on the fact that you are wasting all of our time with this topic. :idunno:

To be honest... it's making you look foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.