• Atheist

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 12 8.4%

• Total voters

Zakath

Resident Atheist
:bannana:

At this precise juncture in time, atheists make up 1/3rd of the respondents to Knight's poll.

:up:

lucybelle

TOL Princess
I fall into that first catagory...funny though...I hate being catagorized...it doesn't leave much room to move around...

CoCrucified

It is interesting to me that so many atheists are involved here. I wonder what motives they have for participating in the discussions here. Perhaps they are trying to "convert" the rest of us to their atheists religion, or maybe they are still seeking answers?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by CoCrucified
It is interesting to me that so many atheists are involved here. I wonder what motives they have for participating in the discussions here...
I can answer for no one but myself. This atheist posts here for entertainment value. When it ceases to be entertaining, I'll stop.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
Originally posted by Zakath
I can answer for no one but myself. This atheist posts here for entertainment value. When it ceases to be entertaining, I'll stop.

As long as I'm still here...that will never happen...:bannana:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh come on....

Admit it you have found a bit of a home here at TOL.

CoCrucified

I suppose if I were an athiest, I'd consider all this as nonsense, and probably wouldn't fool with any of this.

...Anyway, I'm glad you are here! We'll try and keep it entertaining as possible.
:zakath: :ha: :D

Last edited:

CoCrucified

Zakath,

I notice that your profile says you are a "former pastor." In what denomination were you a pastor? I'm just curious.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic, and I was REALLY Catholic. I was an Altar Boy, never missed Catechism and planned on becoming a Priest.

I am now a Born Again, saved by the grace of God Christian. I was not born again when I was a Catholic, just very religious. I have attended Baptist Churches in the past, but now I consider myself a non-denominational Bible believer.

Z Man

I am now a Born Again, saved by the grace of God Christian. I was not born again when I was a Catholic, just very religious. I have attended Baptist Churches in the past, but now I consider myself a non-denominational Bible believer.
That's how I see myself. I hate labels, and I don't like to be called religious. I don't like to be called a certain denomination, and really don't like to be classified into a religion called Christianity. To me, I'm not a religious person, because I believe people define religion as a "spiritual escape-goat" from the choatic reality of this world. It's reality, and not just mine, or just for those who believe in God, but the Christian faith is the truth of reality for everything that exists. I believe that Christianity is not a religion, but rather a relationship.

Goose

Originally posted by lucybelle
I fall into that first catagory...funny though...I hate being catagorized...it doesn't leave much room to move around...
I place you in the dynamic category then. :ninja:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight
Oh come on....

Admit it you have found a bit of a home here at TOL.

That's like thinking that Jeffords has found a "home" in Congress. ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Zakath,

I notice that your profile says you are a "former pastor." In what denomination were you a pastor? I'm just curious.
Assemblies of God, then I pastored two independent churches.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I suppose if I were an athiest, I'd consider all this as nonsense, and probably wouldn't fool with any of this.

...Anyway, I'm glad you are here! We'll try and keep it entertaining as possible.
:zakath: :ha: :D
Thanks I appreciate the effort. Enjoy it. Life's too short to get upset about the petty things.

White

Assemblies of God

Considerring your avatar, I find that hilarious. I go to an AG college (until Saturday when I graduate), and I am a little dissapointed that they frown on me having a guiness or New Castle once in a while.

shilohproject

Wiggle Room

Wiggle Room

Originally posted by lucybelle

I, too, fall into the first catagory. I also believe that it is terribly vague, but that it leaves HUGE room to move around! Do you mean "Protestant" as in Calvinist Lutheran, OSAS Baptist, Liberal Methodist, Non-Denominational denomination, etc?:doh: