I believe that Jesus is God:

Rev. Autrey

Greetings:

My name is Rev. Autrey. I live in south Florida, just above Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades. I have been a minister since 1994 and have always been committed to Jesus as my Savior.

But my strong commitment to Jesus is based on the fact that the Bible teaches that he is the God of the prophets of Israel, and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The Scriptural proof for this is seen in John 1:1 where John says, "... and the Word (meaning Jesus) was God."

So yes, Jesus is the long awaited God that John the Baptist was sent to prepare the way for. As it says of John the Baptist in Isaiah 40:"He is a voice crying in the wilderness, 'Make a highway for the Lord in the wilderness. Make a straight smooth road through the desert for our God."

Isaiah 40 says further: "Messenger of good news, shout to Zion from the mountaintops! Shout louder to Jerusalem--do not be afraid. Tell the towns of Judah, 'Your God is coming!' Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in all his glorious power. ... he will feed his flock like a Shepherd.

John the Baptist fulfilled this mandate by introducing Jesus as God to us as the "Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." And I am glad he did!

God bless you!

Rev. Autrey

oatmeal

Many people believe that Jesus is God, many believe that he is the son of God

Many people believe that Jesus is God, many believe that he is the son of God

Greetings:

My name is Rev. Autrey. I live in south Florida, just above Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades. I have been a minister since 1994and have always been committed to Jesus as my Savior.

But my strong commitment to Jesus is based on the fact that the Bible teaches that he is the God of the prophets of Israel, and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The Scriptural proof for this is seen in John 1:1 where John says, "... and the Word (meaning Jesus) was God."

So yes, Jesus is the long awaited God that John the Baptist was sent to prepare the way for. As it says of John the Baptist in Isaiah 40:"He is a voice crying in the wilderness, 'Make a highway for the Lord in the wilderness. Make a straight smooth road through the desert for our God."

Isaiah 40 says further: "Messenger of good news, shout to Zion from the mountaintops! Shout louder to Jerusalem--do not be afraid. Tell the towns of Judah, 'Your God is coming!' Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in all his glorious power. ... he will feed his flock like a Shepherd.

John the Baptist fulfilled this mandate by introducing Jesus as God to us as the "Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." And I am glad he did!

God bless you!

Rev. Autrey

Did John introduce Jesus as God?

OR as the lamb of God?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Greetings:

My name is Rev. Autrey. I live in south Florida, just above Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades. I have been a minister since 1994 and have always been committed to Jesus as my Savior.

God bless you!

Rev. Autrey

Greetings to you :)

keypurr

Greetings:

God bless you!

Rev. Autrey

Welcome to TOL friend

But you have no verse that says Jesus is God.
I believe that John one speaks of a spirit that took the form of a man. We have one God and one Lord Pastor.