Hurricane Irma

Interplanner

Yes, I'm ok, I'm land locked in Missouri. Hurricanes are unpredictable, that's why they always named them after women in the old days :chuckle:

lol, that has been fixed, hasn't it?

it really is an awful storm. I was suprised to see how quickly Houston drained, though, and hope for the best. The national HQ of the co. I work for is in Sarasota, or maybe now Sarasoaka.

Interplanner

When I think how many dense populations have built up there in S. Florida, considering the storm history, I just wonder what people had in mind. Similarly, I live in an area where people come and build expensive investment homes that face north, have 5 months shade, and no view of the national park mountains, although they might have a view of the Puget sound and Cascades, and often have ice for those 5 months and need to sand their driveways.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Has been reduced from hurricane to tropical storm.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
It turned out to be not such a bad hurricane. It could have been much worse, thank God for that.
The southern coast of the USA has sure gotten a beating.
I haven't heard about damages done to naval ports.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
8 elderly residents at a Hollywood FL nursing home die, due to extreme heat and no A/C. What a horrible way to go. That should have never happened and investigation is underway.