HUGE TOL news!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK folks the time has come. TOL has officially outgrown it's current web server. We will be moving TOL to our own dedicated server within the next few days (I think). With this new server we will have TONS of growing room and we all should notice performance improvements.

There may be some outages as the move is taking place so please be patient if you notice the site is down or some features are not functioning properly. For instance... if you currently have a TOL e-mail address we may need to recreate the account and I will need to do all of those accounts individually.

IMPORTANT NOTE
The new server will essentially double our expenses so any help you can give us financially is appreciated.

Here are the ways you can help TOL continue as the coolest website in the land.

In order of "helpfulness". :)

#1. Make a straight financial donation. [ CLICK HERE ]
(all major credit cards accepted.)

#2. Buy a TOL smilie. Its much like donating except you get to leave a permeant mark on TOL. Examples of adopted smilies...
:jessilu: :BillyBob: :troll:

#3. Subscribe to TOL. Enhance your TOL experience AND help TOL at the same time!

#4. Shop at the TOL store!, you have to admit these products are cool! :)

#5. A free way to help TOL

#6. Invite new people to TOL

And to all those that help so much already I want to extent a GIANT thank you!

It's all of you that make TOL ~ TruthSmack possible!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: HUGE TOL news!!!

Originally posted by Knight

OK folks the time has come. TOL has officially outgrown it's current web server. We will be moving TOL to our own dedicated server within the next few days (I think). With this new server we will have TONS of growing room and we all should notice performance improvements.

WooHoo~* Yeah!!! :bannana:

There may be some outages as the move is taking place so please be patient if you notice the site is down or some features are not functioning properly. For instance... if you currently have a TOL e-mail address we may need to recreate the account and I will need to do all of those accounts individually.

:shocked:

IMPORTANT NOTE
The new server will essentially double our expenses so any help you can give us financially is appreciated.

Here are the ways you can help TOL continue as the coolest website in the land.

In order of "helpfulness". :)

#1. Make a straight financial donation. [ CLICK HERE ]
(all major credit cards accepted.)

#2. Buy a TOL smilie. Its much like donating except you get to leave a permeant mark on TOL. Examples of adopted smilies...
:jessilu: :BillyBob: :troll:

#3. Subscribe to TOL. Enhance your TOL experience AND help TOL at the same time!

#4. Shop at the TOL store!, you have to admit these products are cool! :)

#5. A free way to help TOL

#6. Invite new people to TOL

And to all those that help so much already I want to extent a GIANT thank you!

It's all of you that make TOL ~ TruthSmack possible!

I think I may need a new t-shirt :)

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Coolness. So is the dedicated server going to actually be in your physical possession, like right there truthsmackdab in your TOL laboratory? Sounds like you'll need someone to do security tests on it every now and then.
brows.gif

:D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

Coolness. So is the dedicated server going to actually be in your physical possession, like right there truthsmackdab in your TOL laboratory? Sounds like you'll need someone to do security tests on it every now and then.
brows.gif

:D
No.

Monitoring a server 24/7 is a job I do not want.

There is a large company that I have grown to trust, and I will be leasing a server from them. The server will be located in their secure environment and maintained by their experts. Yet it will be ours..... all ours!!! :bannana:

Lucky

Hall of Fame

There is a large company that I have grown to trust, and I will be leasing a server from them. The server will be located in their secure environment and maintained by their experts.
Oh okay. Makes sense.

Y'know what this means fellow spammers?

No more pruning! (Or not as much.) :bannana:

SOTK

Oh okay. Makes sense.

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Oh okay. Makes sense.

Second Purple Star, Here I Come!!! :bannana:

[I'd already be there if it weren't for pruning]

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: HUGE TOL news!!!

The new server will essentially double our expenses
If it's not prying too much, roughly what will TOL's new monthly expenses be?

C

cattyfan

Well, I'm not sure exactly what it means (as I am slightly technologically impaired,) but it sounds very impressive and exciting!

Can't wait to see what our new capabilities are! Let's everybody recruit a new (paying) member and see how fast we can out grow THIS system! :)

Sozo

Come on guys... my remarks to Poly and Turbo must have brought on at least a chuckle or two. :(

Sozo

Re: Re: Re: HUGE TOL news!!!

Re: Re: Re: HUGE TOL news!!!

Originally posted by BillyBob

:chuckle: :chuckle:

They still crack me up, when I read them.

:crackup: