Huckabee on abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery

He is for a constitutional amendment to overturn Roe v Wade and to ban all abortions.

As of today, anyway.

Newman

from ontheissues.org

No states rights for moral issues like abortion. (Nov 2007)
No tax funding for organizations that promote abortion. (Sep 2007)
Led Arkansas to human life amendment in state constitution. (Sep 2007)
Consensus impossible: pro-choice world fundamentally differs. (Jun 2007)
Hate abortion but allow it is like hate slavery but allow it. (May 2007)
Certainly good day for America when Roe v. Wade is repealed. (May 2007)
Embryonic stem cell research creates life to end a life. (May 2007)
Pro-life includes improving life after birth. (Jan 2007)
Outlaw all abortions; err on the side of life. (Jan 2007)
Pro-life and pro-death penalty, & sees them as far different. (Jan 2007)
Even Americans who are pro-choice are pro-life. (Jan 2007)
Eliminate public funding for abortion organizations. (Nov 2002)
Supports woman’s right-to-know legislation. (Jan 2001)
Pro-life, but respects choice as mandated law. (Jan 2001)

Adamhart

Question, what is Huckabee's record on abortion? Is he pro life or pro choice?

I'm sure he'd say this

"Abortion is not biblical, and wouldn't fit the [new] constitution, so I am pro life."

What I would say:

"Abortion takes away the opportunity of life for a child to grow and be someone. Refusing a life to a child because of the dark side of life is like the selfish intent of suicide: "Life isn't attending to my expectations or desires, therefore, I'll take away life.""

BANNED
Banned
What I would say:

"Abortion takes away the opportunity of life for a child to grow and be someone. Refusing a life to a child because of the dark side of life is like the selfish intent of suicide: "Life isn't attending to my expectations or desires, therefore, I'll take away life.""
Never thought of it that way, but it rings true.

Adamhart

I'm sure he'd say this

"Abortion is not biblical, and wouldn't fit the [new] constitution, so I am pro life."

What I would say:

interesting

Mystery

I hope Huckabee wins.

I'm not really interested in voting for people with massive egos who are willing to sacrifice even more babies while they draw attention to themselves, when it is obvious that they never have had a chance, and never will.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Huckabee says he isn't against people privately funding embryonic stem cell research.

Mystery

That is not his current stance.

I fully support him. I do not want McCain, Clinton or Obama. Apparently, some people who call themselves conservative do.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You might want the girl who stars in Terminator too, but the chances of either one happening are about the same.
:chuckle:

That's not the point. The Republican party needs to learn to stop giving lip service.

Status
Not open for further replies.