How's homeschooling going?

1PeaceMaker

I noticed in your private message to me that you have issues with people talking about a sin that God abhors.

You mean the profile page? No, I don't have issues with people talking about it. I notice that you keep revisiting it at an astonishing rate of frequency. When I told my husband that you managed to bring it up even on a homeschooling thread, he said "What?" and then burst out laughing. You are making a solid reputation for yourself.

It appears that you're sensitive about that issue for some reason.
You mean YOU are. :chuckle:

Is that topic not allowed to be discussed in the 1PeaceMaker's homeschool curriculum?

Education does not equal everything being a curriculum subject. When the need to discuss it arises I address it frankly.

Seriously, man, stop obsessing, you make yourself look like a fool. :wave2:

If you wanna keep talking to me, answer my questions as to whether you are a school cop and whether you are comfy with tazers and mace being used on pint-sized kids in public school.

Furthermore, you have no case against homeschoolers as isolationists, as you tried to imply in your most recent profile comment on my page. Get back to me when you have proof that the 5%+ of American children who home educate isolate themselves from public school kids when school is out. :rolleyes:

1PeaceMaker

Drop the second "g" in biggot. Homeschooling nor college doesn't seem to have helped your spelling.

I was simply laughing at your posts until this.

How vile.

Public school GAVE UP on teaching my dyslexic sister to read in second grade.

This young man does not deserve your anti-home education bigotry. Rather than letting the system crush his spirit over a learning challenge, he was given the benefit of home education and actually is following his calling.

And you have the audacity (nay, the stupidity) to mock him for his spelling?

:madmad:

You don't belong here, troll.

Go join a homo thread.

Jordan Fontenot

Now are your friends "African" or "American"?
I'm friends with blacks. Lots of them actually. I myself am hispanic, and I'm treated nicely by my white friends.

Drop the second "g" in biggot. Homeschooling nor college doesn't seem to have helped your spelling.
Thank you

Thank you for proving my point preacher Jordan:

Those that don't agree with your views are not welcome in your world.

If your point was that you are a troll and you're posting judgemental, off-topic, hateful speech and it would be best for all if you stopped posting on this particular thread, then yes, I proved your point quite well. You're not being very smart. You're not making yourself look smart or right by anything you've said. I don't particularly care what you say, so if you wanna say that I'm a hateful, religious racist with no concern for the outside world I can't stop you. However it doesn't make it true. The irony is that you are calling me hateful in a very hateful way for absolutely no other reason than I'm home-educated. I'm telling you this more for your sake than mine: stop posting on this thread.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Public school GAVE UP on teaching my dyslexic sister to read in second grade.

If I were in charge of public schools, I would implement a program for children like your sister and call it something like "special education".

And you have the audacity (nay, the stupidity) to mock him for his spelling?

:madmad:

You don't belong here, troll.

Go join a homo thread.

It's obvious that you're very upset at me for other reasons than for wanting to take back an institution that was one of the reasons America was made great (public education).
http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/educationamerica.html

I'll pray for your loved one or friend that is struggling with same sex urges.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And, public or private (whichever you attended) and college (if you attended) don't seem to have helped your grammar.

1PeaceMaker

If I were in charge of public schools, I would implement a program for children like your sister and call it something like "special education".

She was put there with a bunch of literally retarded children, sat in front of a TV all day and my mother was informed that she would NEVER learn to read. My sister was broken-hearted by the move from normal children classes and my mother was not going to watch my sister get educationally dumped like so many other public school children.

It's obvious that you're very upset at me for other reasons than for wanting to take back an institution that was one of the reasons America was made great (public education).

First of all, I was angered because I know full well how hard it is for dyslexics to spell in English and how much it used to hurt my sister when I criticized her spelling. This preacher is dyslexic, and you should be happy he writes as well as he does. I'm impressed. You really should show some taste.

And irony of ironies! You didn't even use proper grammar to criticize him with. :nono:

Public school was not in the founding documents, and the day it was introduced was the day America made one of its greatest mistakes. Public schools are modeled after the German (Prussian) school system and designed to produce bureaucrats and soldiers, not people who think for themselves, hence the lack of logic and grammar training.

Seeking to replace the controlling functions of the local aristocracy, the Prussian court attempted to instill social obedience in the citizens through indoctrination. Every individual had to become convinced, in the core of his being, that the King was just, his decisions always right, and the need for obedience paramount.

The schools imposed an official language, to the prejudice of ethnic groups living in Prussia. The purpose of the system was to instill loyalty to the Crown and to train young men for the military and the bureaucracy. As the German philosopher Johann Gottlieb Fichte, a key influence on the system, said, "If you want to influence [the student] at all, you must do more than merely talk to him; you must fashion him, and fashion him in such a way that he simply cannot will otherwise than what you wish him to will."

I'll pray you quit reading homosexuality into every discussion you join. Must be a terrible curse to live with. :hammer:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

She was put there with a bunch of literally retarded children, sat in front of a TV all day and my mother was informed that she would NEVER learn to read. My sister was broken-hearted by the move from normal children classes and my mother was not going to watch my sister get educationally dumped like so many other public school children.

It sounds like homeschooling was the right solution in YOUR case then.

But this thread wasn't entitled "Should you homeschool your handicapped child?"

But since we're on that topic:

A friend of the family has an 8 year old boy with a moderately/severe case of Cerebral Palsy (he isn't wheelchair bound, but often falls and also has speech problems).

If there were ever a case for homeschooling, his would be it. His parents (without consulting with you) decided that they would enroll him in public school, and he's doing great. He does have a special tutor, which helps him when he falls behind or get's frustrated because of his limitations. He loves to rough it up with the older kids on the playground (how many kids does your private homeschool playground hold 1PeaceMaker?), and he is liked and respected by his fellow students.

Quote:

Public school was not in the founding documents, and the day it was introduced was the day America made one of its greatest mistakes. Public schools are modeled after the German (Prussian) school system and designed to produce bureaucrats and soldiers, not people who think for themselves, hence the lack of logic and grammar training.

I don't really care who "modeled" the public school system (I've asked Christians to show me in Scripture where it's against God's word for another person to teach their child, and they just can't come up with anything), I'm saying that the Founding Fathers of America (not Prussia) used it wisely to help children learn. If you had opened the link, much of the learning done was done through reading the Bible and other Christian based documents.

Quote:

I'll pray you quit reading homosexuality into every discussion you join. Must be a terrible curse to live with.

As I mentioned to you already, I was mocking a 19 year old kid that calls himself a "preacher", who went to the trouble of writing a full page in an OP discussing why homosexuality is wrong, but why (in essence) it's no different than any other sin, and who like most 19 year olds (me included when I was that age), know's pretty much everthing, including being an expert on homeschooling.

1PeaceMaker

This thread isn't about homosexuality, either, but you sure brought it up in a hurry. :rolleyes:

In fact, the only reason I mentioned her was due to my anger at you for mocking a dyslexic person over his homeschool education, and now you are trying to backpeddle out of your mess. I think you'd have better luck forgetting this and getting yourself into a debate on your favorite topic.

But since we're on that topic: (how many kids does your private homeschool playground hold 1PeaceMaker?)
We can play at public school playgrounds which are open during after-school hours, and we get to meet children and parents there of all educational backgrounds.

I don't really care who "modeled" the public school system

Even Prussian mind control freaks? :dizzy:

(I've asked Christians to show me in Scripture where it's against God's word for another person to teach their child, and they just can't come up with anything)

What a false choice. Hmmm, either I teach them myself or I deliver them to fascist brainwashing facilities which resemble prisons. Well, if that really was the only other option, then there is no doubt the Bible says I'm to train up my child. Better not leave that to the brain-washers. Come on. You know the issue here is not whether or not we have private tutors. The issue is that public school isn't meeting our children's needs or allowing us to protect them adequately from immorality and dangerous influences. I really do prefer to take personal responsibility for my children's education. For some reason that makes you think I couldn't take them to a class or have them be instructed by a private tutor. Who ever gave you that false impression? :doh:

I'm saying that the Founding Fathers of America (not Prussia) used it wisely to help children learn.

This country was not founded on public schools. Do you even know how how our founders were tutored?

If you had opened the link, much of the learning done was done through reading the Bible and other Christian based documents.
I didn't see a history of American education. Just a bunch of old textbooks. So what? Because of the nature of public education, it's a mob-ruled system. What is trendy goes, while the individual and their needs are playing second-fiddle at best, hence my sister being given up on so easily.

As I mentioned to you already, I was mocking a 19 year old kid that calls himself a "preacher",
Totally off topic attacks. Remember what Paul said to Timothy, let no man despise thy youth.

who went to the trouble of writing a full page in an OP discussing why homosexuality is wrong, but why (in essence) it's no different than any other sin, and who like most 19 year olds (me included when I was that age), know's pretty much everthing, including being an expert on homeschooling.

What are the wages of sin?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

This thread isn't about homosexuality, either, but you sure brought it up in a hurry.

In fact, the only reason I mentioned her was due to my anger at you for mocking a dyslexic person over his homeschool education, and now you are trying to backpeddle out of your mess. I think you'd have better luck forgetting this and getting yourself into a debate on your favorite topic.

A quick review of the thread shows that I used the word ONCE in response to your post (not including the original link that belittled the 19 year old "preacher"), and a blogger by the name of "1PeaceMaker" used the word "homosexuality" FIVE TIMES.

Now who is obsessed with sexual perversion here?

Quote:
But since we're on that topic: (how many kids does your private homeschool playground hold 1PeaceMaker?)

We can play at public school playgrounds which are open during after-school hours, and we get to meet children and parents there of all educational backgrounds.

Yeah, good friends are made at playgrounds, playing with "what's his name?" for a half hour.

Quote:
I don't really care who "modeled" the public school system

Even Prussian mind control freaks?

Checking my map, we're not in, nor have we ever been in a country called "Prussia", nor one that is run by "Prussians".

Do you teach these freaky ideas at your homeschool?

Quote:
(I've asked Christians to show me in Scripture where it's against God's word for another person to teach their child, and they just can't come up with anything)

What a false choice. Hmmm, either I teach them myself or I deliver them to fascist brainwashing facilities which resemble prisons.

I'll tell several of the public school teachers that attend my church that a good Christian blogger referred to them as a "fascist", I'm sure they'll laugh at you like I'm doing.

Well, if that really was the only other option, then there is no doubt the Bible says I'm to train up my child. Better not leave that to the brain-washers. Come on. You know the issue here is not whether or not we have private tutors. The issue is that public school isn't meeting our children's needs or allowing us to protect them adequately from immorality and dangerous influences. I really do prefer to take personal responsibility for my children's education. For some reason that makes you think I couldn't take them to a class or have them be instructed by a private tutor. Who ever gave you that false impression?

You scare me. I wouldn't let a child even be near your kind on a playground, let alone in a classroom setting. You're obviously insecure about the way you raise your child, thinking that what you teach them at home won't carry over into their public life experiences.

Quote:
I'm saying that the Founding Fathers of America (not Prussia) used it wisely to help children learn.

This country was not founded on public schools.

It was one of many institutions that made America great. And then the so-called "Christians" ran and ran fast when the going got tough there. Keep running 1PM, because they're coming after your church next.

Do you even know how how our founders were tutored?

What was the population of America back in 1700?

(275,000). Public schools are a necessity today.

Quote:
If you had opened the link, much of the learning done was done through reading the Bible and other Christian based documents.

I didn't see a history of American education. Just a bunch of old textbooks. So what? Because of the nature of public education, it's a mob-ruled system. What is trendy goes, while the individual and their needs are playing second-fiddle at best, hence my sister being given up on so easily.

We could play this game all day:

"Sharon and Reed Leonard, adopted 10 children from Ethiopia and China, 4 through disruptions. At least 6 of the children are alleged to have been forced to sleep ouside in calf hutchs, and were beaten with paddles, plastic pipes or metal rods. The children were homeschooled."
http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/20821

People that homeschool are definitely a different kind of people.

1PeaceMaker

Quote:
A quick review of the thread shows that I used the word ONCE in response to your post (not including the original link that belittled the 19 year old "preacher"), and a blogger by the name of "1PeaceMaker" used the word "homosexuality" FIVE TIMES.

Now who is obsessed with sexual perversion here?

A quick check of our conversation shows who brought up what. You used other terms and not just "homosexuality" you even tried to pull me into another debate over it. (anyone can check my profile page against this thread to see what I mean.)

Yeah, good friends are made at playgrounds, playing with "what's his name?" for a half hour.
As though recess is any different. :rolleyes: Actually, recess IS different. Recess is controlled by the bell and lasts no more than a half hour, then maybe another 15 minutes. I can play with my kids there for a couple of hours. It's up to us.

Checking my map, we're not in, nor have we ever been in a country called "Prussia", nor one that is run by "Prussians".

Do you teach these freaky ideas at your homeschool?

I don't even have to answer this. Wikipedia really says it all. :p

I'll tell several of the public school teachers that attend my church that a good Christian blogger referred to them as a "fascist", I'm sure they'll laugh at you like I'm doing.
You'll be a liar. I didn't refer to them as fascists, the system itself is. And it is. It's the marriage of business with government. Schools rely on advertising and vending machines, contracts with food caterers, etc. They are so cash strapped they have to listen to what these companies want, which is often contrary to what parents want.

You scare me.

You're the one with the gun and badge. And with your faulty logic... and prejudice, I pray for your community.

I wouldn't let a child even be near your kind on a playground, let alone in a classroom setting.

Heavy duty bigotry, man. :down:

Homeschoolers are a growing fraction of the population. So get used to seeing "our kind" in mingling with your public school darlings in music classes, dance classes, swimming classes, churches, playgrounds, libraries, sports teams and more! There's simply nothing you can do about it. :plain:

You're obviously insecure about the way you raise your child, thinking that what you teach them at home won't carry over into their public life experiences.

Huh? We don't keep them in a castle like Rapunzel. They have a public life, one that is free of super-max school lockdown environments, where they can get suspended for a crayon drawing of a gun, going "pow" with a bannana, or playing cowboys and Indians.

It was one of many institutions that made America great.

Like the Federal Reserve. :plain:

What was the population of America back in 1700?

(275,000). Public schools are a necessity today.
Right, because it makes more sense to cram them, 30 same-aged children apiece, into a classroom where they get 5 minutes one-to-one with their teacher once in a while, instead of one teacher for every ten kids, and the oldest helping instruct the youngest.

We could play this game all day:

"Sharon and Reed Leonard, adopted 10 children from Ethiopia and China, 4 through disruptions. At least 6 of the children are alleged to have been forced to sleep ouside in calf hutchs, and were beaten with paddles, plastic pipes or metal rods. The children were homeschooled."
http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/20821

People that homeschool are definitely a different kind of people.

So this is a game to you? :luigi: Game on, somewhere else. :banned: