ECT HOW WAS SAUL /PAUL SAVED ?

DAN P

Hi to all and SAUL was saved in Acts 9:6 !

It will have to be the short version , as I lost one OP already !

In Acts 9:6 , The verbs , TREMBLING , ASTONISHED and WILT thou Have me " are all in the Greek Present Tense of Continuous action by Saul !

The verb " it shall be told " is in the Future Tense as to when Ananais will open his eyes .

No where is SAUL told to Repent , be Baptized , speak in Languages at all !

Saul says in Acts 9:6 Saul say , LORD , WHAT DO YOU WISH ME TO DO ?

In 1 Cor 12:3 , No one is ABLE/CALL to Say , Lord Jesus EXCEPT by POWER HOLY SPIRIT !

This means that SAUL /PAUL had the POWER of the Holy Spirit , otherwise could not call Jesus , LORD !!

This means that SAUL was saved in Acts 9:6 !

Saul was the FIRST /PROTOS in the Body of Christ , 1 Tim 1:15-16 !

Saul was the first ONE saved by Grace !

Saul was given a New message in Rom 1:1 to preach the Gospel of God .

APHORIZO /SEPARATED in Rom 1:1 is in the Greek Perfect Tense so that means since that separation , SAUL would only preach the Gospel of Grace .

In Gal 1:15 Saul was separated and CALLED by Grace and not by Covenant of Grace or by speaking in Langauges or by going BACK to Pentecost !!

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber
!

That is dopey . . . what about Eve and Abel and all the O.T. saints who believed God would produce a Seed to remedy the fall of man at the hands of Satan.

Noah was not saved by grace? Are you sure? Genesis 6:8

The entire Godly lineage of Jesus Christ, including King David, was not saved by grace?

What a ridiculous notion . . .

It is too foolish to even consider arguing.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It is not dopy, or dopey.

They had the Word (Jesus), but were not in the state of Grace, lacking the gift of the Holy Spirit.

They were not saved by Grace, although they were believers Adam of innocence, and in works Job and Abraham, and, after Exodus, the Law of Moses. That is the point!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

They had the Word (Jesus), but were not in the state of Grace, lacking the gift of the Holy Spirit.

They were not saved by Grace, although they were believers Adam of innocence, and in works Job and Abraham, and, after Exodus, the Law of Moses. That is the point!

Were the 120 lacking grace?

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I disagree.

The context of Hebrews Chapter 11, which lists only a minute portion of the O.T. saints according to their exhibition of faith in God, was that they were saved by the promises of God's grace revealed to them by God the Holy Spirit . . . and not by their works at all.

That is the very point . . .

The Gospel that saves has always, since the garden of Eden, been a gospel of promise and grace received only by and from the Spirit of God.

There is no such thing as a "gospel of works" that can save the soul.

DAN P

Great OP Dan, I fully agree!

Hi and thank you and it is surprising how many do not know about 1 Cor 12:3 !

1 Cor 15:8 is another verse that proves Paul was first !!

1 Cor 15:8 also stops the 12 " in and out " controversy dead in it's tracks as well as Gal 3:28 and these verses control many subjects !

Glad to have you on board !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No.

Act 11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
Act 11:20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus.
Act 11:21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.
Act 11:22 Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.
Act 11:23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
Act 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.

Act 11:25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That is dopey . . . what about Eve and Abel and all the O.T. saints who believed God would produce a Seed to remedy the fall of man at the hands of Satan.

Noah was not saved by grace? Are you sure? Genesis 6:8

The entire Godly lineage of Jesus Christ, including King David, was not saved by grace?

What a ridiculous notion . . .

It is too foolish to even consider arguing.

Fine! Then, go away!

MaxGrit

2 Corinthians 12 : 9-10 (ESV)
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

MaxGrit

There is no such thing as a "gospel of works" that can save the soul.

Of course, if the soul need to be saved, no amount of work is sufficient.

God's expects his creatures to be perfect. That's the minimum requirement.

MaxGrit

Wasn't he persecuting Christians while he was still in a unrepentant state? How can you say then "Saul was the first one saved"? Unless you are referring to something else. You did mention by grace, but I must argue that those before him were saved by grace as well.

Obviously.

Sheila B

welcome nonon and maxgrit! Great to have you aboard!

Saul was persecuting the unsaved by their thinking... becoming a murderer of fellow Jews for what reason?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
True God gave him a favor in Jesus Christ; but Saul was going to be in trouble from both sides. One side wanted him to be more efficient, and the other side wanted to punish him for his injustice.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course, if the soul need to be saved, no amount of work is sufficient.

God's expects his creatures to be perfect. That's the minimum requirement.

Agreed. What are the requirement of Israelites not to be cut off from Israel and their promises?

Doom

Saul says in Acts 9:6 Saul say , LORD , WHAT DO YOU WISH ME TO DO ?

In 1 Cor 12:3 , No one is ABLE/CALL to Say , Lord Jesus EXCEPT by POWER HOLY SPIRIT !

This means that SAUL /PAUL had the POWER of the Holy Spirit , otherwise could not call Jesus , LORD !!

This means that SAUL was saved in Acts 9:6 !
What about Matt 7:21?